Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maximising LCY (J) - ZRH - JFK (F)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:40 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by view
I'm arriving from Schengen and transferring to F on a 65 minute connection. Based on what I've read in this thread, it seems the last vans would have left by then. If I still go to the lounge, will they set up another van when I get there?

I'm wondering if there's any point at all in going to the F lounge on a 65 minute connection, perhaps I need to make my own way to E anyway and there won't be much time before boarding commences.

Any thoughts?
I've been more than once on the 12:20pm van for a 1:10pm LAX departure. Not sure, why the reports here talk about these last vans leaveing long before.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I've been more than once on the 12:20pm van for a 1:10pm LAX departure. Not sure, why the reports here talk about these last vans leaveing long before.
50 minutes is a fair old time before hand, that would only give him 15 minutes in the lounge!

He'd be better off going straight to E to maximise time in the J lounge, pop over on final call, wouldn't he?
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
The e lounge is nothing special, but does have great views. If on us flights you have to make an extra trip through security as it's in the other wing.

Since my post ive done both, and woukd say If time allows then the F lounge is worth a visit, but the limo transfer is just stressful faff, style over substance etc. The train works really well and you avoid the extra security scan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.