Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I'd have booked the direct TK flight for even less
Ha! Well done !
Was going to do that but schedules didn't work for me
Still ridiculous how pricing is managed within the same Group !
Old May 9, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by asimha
Ha! Well done !
Was going to do that but schedules didn't work for me
Still ridiculous how pricing is managed within the same Group !
Different markets are prepared to pay different prices - some people attach "VALUE" to a brand name aka Swiss Swiss bankrupt twice bought by Lufthansa but maintained name for its value and perceived customer base - I do like Zuerich and Basel but really if Lufti still did wide bodies to TLV Id transit through MUC rather than ZRH
All you need to do is walk past the LMVH group stores in Sydney and look at the queues out front waiting to get into the store Really when I fly long haul I like Thai LH QR ANA First They are 5 Star First, and LX Business is a good product esp with Sen/Hon status and F is good
LH lets me book any fare in any class without revenue management but LX protects empty flights - really this is LH taking advantage of the perceived market with the ultimate corporation aim of maximising revenue ;-)))

Last edited by cbourl; May 9, 2019 at 3:41 am Reason: addition
Old May 9, 2019, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
LH lets me book any fare in any class without revenue management but LX protects empty flights - really this is LH taking advantage of the perceived market with the ultimate corporation aim of maximising revenue ;-)))
Seriously, you're WAY off what we're talking about.

It's simply their IT systems being incompatible at proper pricing / booking class management.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "maximising revenue" or whatever you think it is. It's terrible IT systems working together - or better said lack of it.

And then LH goes into punishing (O)TAs with higher fees, when often you basically NEED to book through a TA simply due to LH various systems simply not being up to the job.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Seriously, you're WAY off what we're talking about.

It's simply their IT systems being incompatible at proper pricing / booking class management.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "maximising revenue" or whatever you think it is. It's terrible IT systems working together - or better said lack of it.

And then LH goes into punishing (O)TAs with higher fees, when often you basically NEED to book through a TA simply due to LH various systems simply not being up to the job.
Oh OK Like me not being able to book a single seat in ANY class except J Class through LH/LX/TA despite All c classes showing 9 and seat map showing flights a COMPLETLEY empty Then a reasonably senior LH exec explains to me its to do with revenue management system Anyways LH is not stupid - very calculating actually
Old May 9, 2019, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Oh OK Like me not being able to book a single seat in ANY class except J Class through LH/LX/TA despite All c classes showing 9 and seat map showing flights a COMPLETLEY empty Then a reasonably senior LH exec explains to me its to do with revenue management system Anyways LH is not stupid - very calculating actually
I'm fairly sure that LH dude had no clue that his own system apparantly couldn't properly access booking classes (as it very often does once you combine more than ONE LH group carrier..) when combining flights and thus resorted to full fare (Y/J/F)

This is completely "normal" in the world of the airline with it's best IT system. Has absolutely nothing to do with "revenue management system", but rather is due to systems being heavily incompatible with each other (even after so many years!)

I'm not saying other airlines / alliances have MUCH better systems, but at least it usually works reasonably well to combine flights within a single airline group (Say, SQ/Silkair/Scoot - pretty similar setup, if you're asking me..)

And I've not even yet hit the mess which is Germanwings/Eurowings/Whateverwings. Or Sunexpress. Germany. Or the Turkish version of it.

Which pretty much all run their own systems who are hardly able to interact with each other, and sometimes I'm fairly sure it's not all that intentional. But rather technical limitations (to say it nicely)

But keep believing your Lufthansa Senior Manager.. I'm not going to comment further on it..
Nick Art likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:43 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Funny one that I thought I would share

Pricing for GVA IST via FRA, same dates, same flights (LX1080, LH1298, LH1301, LX1087)

On swiss.com in Economy (Y - Only option proposed) CHF 2'256
On lufthansa.com in Business (P - Flex) CHF 700.55

Which one do you think I have booked ?
That's nothing!

Originally Posted by Nick Art
I've seen some hilarious pricing before, but this takes the cake.

I can't even begin to comprehend this. For comparison: Business is at 4k and First at 8k.
asimha likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:54 am

Obviously the "lurkers" are no longer lurking here ...
mmff likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Obviously the "lurkers" are no longer lurking here ...
Exactly.... for a long time...
mmff likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:15 am

So I am guessing that is the end of the Swiss lurkers?
Never really got a reply from Swiss why it takes so long to post miles to Miles & More, when LH takes 48 hours and partners airlines are very quick as well.
I am sure I missed some due to the length it takes to post ...
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
Anybody from Swiss still lurking? Have a case regarding a cancellation with quite some costs that i've fronted, and is open for 3 months now, and have not heard anything back. Would be great to get this closed. 2402-LX-06553
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Sadly LX stopped lurking on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.