Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:28 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

Are you still active?
I've got an issue where M&M refuses to credit a segment.

Flight was hit by a bird strike, cancelled, then un-cancelled again, eventually flew 3hrs later as the same flight number but with different equipment ("Wetlease" from Swiss for the original Edelweiss crew/plane).
Now, I checked the e-ticket (re-download) and it says for this segment under "Buchungsstatus" simply nothing, while for the return, it properly says "flown".

Miles for the return flight also posted correctly.

I assume the M&M system thinks I didn't flew (or anyone else in the aircraft) - while for Swiss, I "correctly" flew somehow (or the return would have been cancelled..)

To make things "worse", it was an Edelweiss-operated flight (both legs, but booked as LX flight number on LX ticket stock), so maybe that's not helping either.

Anyway, I can't credit the flight (Not VERY much miles, but would enjoy the miles for re-qualification for SEN status..)
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Dear Swiss Lurker,

There was a bit of a discussion regarding the guest rule for arriving F pax in ZRH, both here on FT and on VFT.
Back when I was SEN I arrived in ZRH on an LX flight with my colleague, we were both in F. We had two more colleagues on the same flight in the J cabin. Before all 4 were connecting through (on a same day, same flight, same ticket J flight) we tried to guest both J colleagues in the FCL but were denied with the lounge staff saying the guest rule does not count when arriving, only when departing.
I am hearing contradictory statements elsewhere on this forum with more recent experiences where it was no problem at all.
Can you advise the current status, has this been streamlined with LH or were the staff during our experience not well informed?

Thanks in advance
The Wolf
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Dear Swiss Lurker,

I have a point of concern to raise regarding connections from D gates to E gates at ZRH, especially when flying F. Before the E lounge came up, I would make my way from D gates through passport control to FCL A where I'd be driven to E gates to catch my flight. As a passport holder requiring a Schengen Visa to enter Switzerland, I would add two stamps (in/out pair) to my passport every time just to have FCL access and thus ending up wasting valuable page space (resulting in multiple passport booklets).

Now with FCL E up and running, I don't face the issue of going through passport control. However, it has created a new problem when I land clean into D gates (typically from LON) connecting to E gates in F. I have to go through transfer security at E, which I find unnecessary, and during my last three visits took approx. 30 minutes alone (no priority line here unfortunately). This both eats up any time I would like to spend in FCL E (2/3 I had to go straight to gate) and makes the F ground experience very frustrating. Of course I can always go back to the tried and tested (and admittedly easier) route through passport control and then FCL A but then the stamps start pilling up again.

Is there any way transfers for F pax from clean D to E can be made easier i.e. no security AND no passport control? I must admit, the FCL experience (E especially) strongly influences my decision to connect through ZRH, but I still have to make a tradeoff.

Much appreciated

Last edited by bowzer91; Nov 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Cross post as is seems the Swiss lurkers are no longer lurking ?

We must fly Economy for work on short-haul which is fine, however in some cases I don't mind paying for an upgrade. I cannot understand why some flight bookings show up on swiss.com with the "Comfort" option allowing a paid upgrade and some do not.
Swiss states: "You can book an upgrade on all European flights, regardless of the tariff on which the flight was booked. Upgrades are available at a fixed supplement and guarantee you a seat in our multi-award-winning Business Class." but this is not always the case and furthermore I have tried many times to use the Swiss Choice Upgrade option located at https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/Customer/Upgrade/Login which requires a login even if one is already logged in to swiss.com or allows using the booking reference but neither actually work (tried several browsers) and always errors out with an "Internal Error 500. Our servers are currently not available. Please try again at a later date."

I just don't get it ... any ideas?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Hi SwissInternationalAirLines,
still around?

These flight safety shortcomings seem to be on the rise. Any explanation for this?

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Hi SwissInternationalAirLines,
I'm still a bit puzzled how can Swiss assess this "unexpected flight safety shortcoming" as an extraordinary event and therefore deny EU261?
Originally Posted by Pandux
As for compensation for the delay of the flight, this was LX's answer: The cause of this irregularity was a flight safety shortcoming. Safety has the utmost priority at SWISS. As such circumstances are considered extraordinary we are unable to grant you statutory monetary compensation under EU regulation 261/04.
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
They wrote the following: “As you may know that your flight was cancelled due to a flight safety short coming. Thus, the safety of our guests is the main priority here at SWISS, hence the more reason to cancel your flight. Such irregularity is considered an extraordinary circumstance which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Therefore, you are not entitled to any compensation under the EU regulation”.
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I think the Lurker has been enhanced away
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
...probably due to some shortcoming.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:33 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
I think the Lurker has been enhanced away
Probably due to an unexpected safety shortcoming.

Edit: Dagnammit. Goliath beat me to it :P
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Dear Lurkers,
I just had couple of FCL trips on LX. I find a very strange that you give out 50MB (!!!) nternet vouchers for FCL passengers. Let's be serious - either offer a whole flight voucher like LH or tell your FCL paxs to pay the fortune you ask for your internet service. This is really a joke!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Dear Lurkers,
I just had couple of FCL trips on LX. I find a very strange that you give out 50MB (!!!) nternet vouchers for FCL passengers. Let's be serious - either offer a whole flight voucher like LH or tell your FCL paxs to pay the fortune you ask for your internet service. This is really a joke!
Agreed.

But it’s falling on deaf ears...... no Lurker since July
Old Dec 17, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Dear Lurkers,
Can only agree; I was shocked and guess what ... the voucher didn't even work for me !
Where are the Lurkers ? Lurking somewhere else for Christmas ?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by asimha
Where are the Lurkers ? Lurking somewhere else for Christmas ?
I hope they are only on vacation, but it seems that the lurker has been enhanced away due to some safety shortcomings.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I hope they are only on vacation, but it seems that the lurker has been enhanced away due to some safety shortcomings.
On holiday since July ?

What safety concern or shortcoming do you think would keep a Lurker away for so many Months ?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by chris63

Agreed.

But it’s falling on deaf ears...... no Lurker since July
The lurkers will start again in January with a new 50MB quotum for their responses. Please bear with them until then...
chris63 and Nick Art like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chris63

On holiday since July ?

What safety concern or shortcoming do you think would keep a Lurker away for so many Months ?
Well, one can certainly hope...

Well, as for what could possibly keep them away: No feedbackchannel = no negative unwanted time consuming feedback maybe?
Or as Michiel mentioned, their data volume has run out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.