Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:55 pm

Hi Swiss Lurker

I sent an email to Swiss following a canceled and rerouted flight traveling in J class.
It's now over 5 weeks since I sent the mail, and I have not had any response despite an automated response from what is apparently "premium" customer service saying I should hear soon but that there is a high volume of emails.
I sent a follow up 10 days ago and didn't receive even an automatic/courtesy reply to that.

Is it normal to wait so long to receive a response from a relatively basic email?

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
I do have a follow up about situation with passengers stuck in transit zone and missing their connection. Contrary to the comments on this forum the delay was not due to weather but to Air Traffic and enroute restrictions (whatever they are).
Do those reasons fall under EU compensation rules?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by ellylex
I do have a follow up about situation with passengers stuck in transit zone and missing their connection. Contrary to the comments on this forum the delay was not due to weather but to Air Traffic and enroute restrictions (whatever they are).
Do those reasons fall under EU compensation rules?
ATC delays are exempt from compensation.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
ATC delays are exempt from compensation.
Thank You for clarification!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Hi Swiss Lurker
Can you give the exact date from when the first class terminal e/remote stand arrival pick up service in zrh will start? So far I can only find references to „summer“, which is quite a loose description...
Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:38 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
See response below.

Last edited by SwissInternationalAirLines; Jun 28, 2018 at 3:40 am Reason: Missed Quote
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by olivier
Dear Swiss Lurker

I assume that with the opening of the Polaris lounge at SFO LX uses this lounge for its F, C and Star Gold Passengers. It would be appreciated if the lounge guide on the LX homepage could be updated regularly.

Regards

Olivier
Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the tip!

We contacted our colleagues who are in charge so this an be checked.

Best regards,
Leslie
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by flymeoutofhere
Hi Swiss Lurker

I sent an email to Swiss following a canceled and rerouted flight traveling in J class.
It's now over 5 weeks since I sent the mail, and I have not had any response despite an automated response from what is apparently "premium" customer service saying I should hear soon but that there is a high volume of emails.
I sent a follow up 10 days ago and didn't receive even an automatic/courtesy reply to that.

Is it normal to wait so long to receive a response from a relatively basic email?

Thanks
Hi flymeoutofhere,

The response time to complaints currently is longer than usual. This is due to many irregularities because of different weather situations in these past months. Our colleagues from Feedback Services are doing their best to respond to the complaints as soon as possible.

We apologize for the delay. Have you received an answer in the meantime?

Best regards,
Leslie
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:57 am

Arrival pick up service

Originally Posted by Wtravel
Hi Swiss Lurker
Can you give the exact date from when the first class terminal e/remote stand arrival pick up service in zrh will start? So far I can only find references to „summer“, which is quite a loose description...
Thanks.
Hi Wtravel,
After a successful pilot phase the arrival pick up service for First Class passengers is up and running since July, 3rd.

All the good things,
Franziska
jakobost likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: Lifemiles Avianca
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Hi Wtravel,
arrival pick up service for First Class passengers

All the good things,
Franziska
Franziska, pick up in a Hotel in Zürich or in the airport, when arriving?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
No. Here's some info on the new Service (from the PPB Website)

SWISS First: Exclusive SWISS First Welcome Service for SWISS First guests this summer
With the new SWISS First Welcome Service, your SWISS First experience continues seamlessly following the arrival of your long-haul flight to Zurich. After exiting the aircraft, you’ll receive a warm welcome and be accompanied on the final stretch of your journey – regardless whether you arrive at an open stand, in Terminal B or Dock E. Should you have a connecting flight, you’ll be driven directly to the separate security and passport control, with direct access to the new SWISS First Lounge A. In case your journey ends in Zurich, you can enjoy the swift and comfortable ride, taking you close to the baggage claim area. An exclusive service for SWISS First guests that will elevate your travel experience not only above the clouds but on the ground as well.

Published: 02.07.2018
No news published in the LX newsroom yet and I did not find any mention on the website either...
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Dear Lurkers (@SwissInternationalAirLines) may I ask a favour ?

Would it be possible to send a strong message to M&M / StarAlliance regarding their web upgrade application, which after many many attempts with various browsers, simply does not work and after spending minutes filing our all the fields simply errors out with the message "A technical problem occurred. Please try it later on or contact your Miles & More Service Team"

Finally I used the old fashioned method of picking up the phone (the agent confirmed the website seldom worked ...) and the requested upgrade was confirmed in less than 2 minutes.

Thank you for your support !

PS. https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/...=lh&coBrand=de
bawm and mmff like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by asimha
Dear Lurkers (@SwissInternationalAirLines) may I ask a favour ?

Would it be possible to send a strong message to M&M / StarAlliance regarding their web upgrade application, which after many many attempts with various browsers, simply does not work and after spending minutes filing our all the fields simply errors out with the message "A technical problem occurred. Please try it later on or contact your Miles & More Service Team"

Finally I used the old fashioned method of picking up the phone (the agent confirmed the website seldom worked ...) and the requested upgrade was confirmed in less than 2 minutes.

Thank you for your support !

PS. https://muaenduser.staralliance.com/...=lh&coBrand=de
I continuously (well, the 3 times I tried it in the past 12 months) have the same issue, and the problem cannot be at my IT end.
mmff and vantage03 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:22 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Dear Swisslurker

I’d like to offer some feedback on my recent flights with Swiss.

Both my F flights on 7 Sep from ZRH to DXB as well as DXB to ZRH on 12 Sep were flawless. The crew did an amazing job. I’d also like to just once again mention how beautiful the new F Lounges are in Zurich and that I do greatly appreciate the day rooms in Dock E as well as the new private security check that leads to the new Lounge in A. The music in the background doesn't bother me as much anymore. Limousine service and new F arrival service are also very great as well. I do now have some motivation to reach HON status with Swiss one day.

On a more negative note I’d like to mention that I find the new feature of not having any paper newspaper on board of shorthaul
planes for C class passengers a major inconvenience. I (even as a millenial) do not like to read my news on an Ipad or smartphone but prefer to hold the newspaper in hand. When I asked the attendant if there was any NZZ available (as it was not offered) she explained to me that thay are only available online through Swiss now. How exactly I am supposed to download these newspapers on the plane without wifi I did not figure out yet. She also proactively suggested to forward this specific complaint as apparently they do get it a lot. Luckily the HON across the aisle was so nice to offer me their (one day old) NZZ. This is especially a problem when flying from an outstation to Zurich as it’s not possible to grab the newspaper in the lounge. I do hope this decision will be reconsidered and paper newspapers will be loaded on european flights again.

On my flight from ZRH to NUE today at around four pm I and a friend decided to visit the Senator Lounge in A for a quick drink and eat. I was quite shocked to see how crowded the Senator and Business Lounge were. There was not a single seat available and there was a huge queue for tables. This is just not very Senator or Star Alliance Gold worthy and I hope something is being done about this (other than reducing access for Star Alliance Gold members which would include me and would be a major inconvenience and just lead to the also overcrowded Business Lounge to be even more overcrowded as well.) Maybe renovate and expand the Business and Senator Lounge in B/D? Or add an additional Senator and Business Lounge somewhere? (I would not know where myself).

Despite those negative notes I’d like to further add that I enjoyed every flight of the many I had with Swiss in the last week.

I hope my feedback reaches you well and you will be able to forward it to the respective departments.

Respectfully,

Nick

Last edited by Nick Art; Oct 8, 2018 at 8:11 am
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Hi SwissInternationalAirLines,

My Swiss flight LX1370 on the 25th of Sep (ZRH-KRK) was cancelled (I was told at the airport it was due to lack of crew (Helvetic was due to operate), although the reply I got was very different.
I ended up with a 100chf voucher and not the 250Eur I was expecting.

Reply I got to the complaint form was issued:
I realize that you expect flights to operate as scheduled, and we make every effort to do so. At times, however, there are many unavoidable and unforeseen factors, beyond our influence, that can interfere with our flight operations resulting in delays and cancellations as you experienced. In this particular case, cancellation of the flight LX1370 was due to an unexpected flight safety shortcoming. We are, therefore, unable to comply with your request for EU compensation and sincerely hope you understand our position.
I'm still a bit puzzled how can Swiss assess this "unexpected flight safety shortcoming" as an extraordinary event and therefore deny EU261?
From public available sources (i.e. Flightradar) I found 6 aircraft (Helvetic/Swiss) that were parked in ZRH during the LX1370 and return leg flight time this seems as purely a decision of Swiss to not replace the originally scheduled flight and therefore cancel the lightest loaded flight.The part that irks me the most is really the info of lack of crew (more precisely "crew scheduling issues") I got at the airport* versus the legalese safety shortcomings reply I got via e-mail.
*I asked for a written statement with this remark at the airport but all I got issued was a standard form to "whom it may concern" the flight was cancelled with small print Swiss denies any liability

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.