Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Old Jan 14, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Thank you for your support @verve and @behuman. I have formally complained to both LX and ZRH Airport (that I use consistently throughout the year) . Will report when I hear back.
PS. Yes, as this was a weekend trip I was not wearing a suit ... my mistake
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:08 am

The issue with the luggage racks being too tiny (not just at ZRH by the way, but at all/many outstations as well) has been reported to LX by myself and many others here. We all had bad experience with LX at some point in time I fear, and compared to other airlines (even real LCC's), Swiss seems to be more stingy. I get weight restrictions, and I'm happily checking my hand luggage isn't above 8kg, but if you use arbitrary too-small luggage racks this is really something that will make customers pick other carriers.

To be honest, if I get the choice between LH and LX nowadys (everything being equal) I'd pick LH. Maybe not in C longhaul (since the LH seat, while newer, is quite a shame) but in every other class. LH isn't 5 star as they claim (lol..) but they've a relatively stable product, where you get what you expect, while LX tend to be more "surprising". I've had great flight experience in Y, C and F with LX, but also rather bad ones (in Y and C).
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:51 am

@yuropflyer Yes I agree with you and I try to use FRA (long walks; good exercise) or MUC however as I often travel on very short 2 night long haul trips, it is extremely unreliable to travel with luggage hence the need for a good size carry-on.

I have not received a response as yet from Swiss, however Zurich-Airport replied to my message within a few hours (!) and I have also contacted Swissport; the guilty party so it seems.

"Thank you for your feedback, which has reached the Customer Relations Department of the Flughafen Zürich AG, the operating company at Zurich Airport. We very much regret to hear about your disappointing experience during the boarding process at our airport. Of course, that is not the impression we would like our passengers to leave with after traveling via Zurich Airport.

We would like to inform you that the handling agents are responsible for the boarding procedures at Zurich Airport. Therefore, we have forwarded your feedback to the Customer Relations Department of Swissport International Ltd., who is the handling agent of Swiss International Air Lines and have asked them to contact you directly on behalf of this issue.

Mr ....., we would be very happy to welcome you again at Zurich Airport and hope that your next experience will be a fully positive one.

Yours sincerely
Manager Customer Relations
Market Research & Customer Relations"

Last edited by asimha; Jan 15, 2018 at 9:49 am Reason: Additional comment
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by asimha
Dear Swiss Lurkers, a copy of my complaint (ref 1801-LX-05246) to Swiss after an incident at Zurich airport where the luggage measuring racks are smaller than Swiss regulations for carry-on (will someone ever do something about this?).
I will of course post the reply if I get one.

My carry-on: Tumi Alpha 2 International Expandable 4 Wheeled Carry-On and the dimensions are H:55cm W:35cm D:23 cm with a capacity of 30 litres
"
I received an apologetic reply end of last week from Swiss (nothing at all from the "culprits" from Swissport which is a shame as they were contacted by Zurich-Airport and by myself directly).

"Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I appreciate.

We do our utmost to make your journey a satisfying experience. We therefore regret all the more that on this occasion we were unsuccessful.

The number of items of hand baggage you may take on board with you is determined by your chosen booking class. In your case, it was 2 items of baggage of 8kg not exceeding the following dimensions: 55x40x23 cm.

Although the number of items of baggage you carried with you did not exceed this limit, you were asked to check in your hand baggage. I inform you that in case of a fully booked flight, we may have to check hand baggage in at the gate. If we do, it will be for your safety and comfort.

However, as you said only 16 passengers were on board flight LX2818 on 13 January 2018, so there were no reasons why you would be forced to check the hand luggage in, if the dimensions were respected.

Of course you can rightly expect a courteous and helpful attitude from our representatives and employees at all time during your journey. I very much regret that the level of care you received was inadequate. On behalf of SWISS and its cooperation partner, please accept my apologies.

We take constructive criticism very seriously, and I have therefore passed your comments onto our quality assurance department for internal purpose."
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by tookitogo
  • Carry-on luggage weight limit. I totally understand that people who booked eco light may try to cheat their low fare by carrying on tons of stuff, but for eco classic (or even higher classes) I think it's very unfair, and rather tacky. Especially in the winter, I like to travel with a proper carry-on suitcase to stash clothing layers in, but that makes it too heavy.

Regards,
Antonio
You know the weight limit isn't there just for the airlines to charge money checking in your suitcase..I don't know the weight limit of an overhead bin , but ive seen faulty overhead bins doors opening on landings or during a turbulence and as unlikely as it sounds the bags can fall out , so id rather not have 20kg bag falling on my head...
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:40 am

Morning Lurkers! Just curious as to why miles post within 24 to 48 hours with LH but can take 10 days with LX - Is there any way to improve this or has this been asked many many times? Thank you !
Old Feb 13, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by asimha
Morning Lurkers! Just curious as to why miles post within 24 to 48 hours with LH but can take 10 days with LX - Is there any way to improve this or has this been asked many many times? Thank you !
o

i never got any miles posted from my last two lights. Airfrance posts miles immediately.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver
Originally Posted by fanb
You know the weight limit isn't there just for the airlines to charge money checking in your suitcase..I don't know the weight limit of an overhead bin , but ive seen faulty overhead bins doors opening on landings or during a turbulence and as unlikely as it sounds the bags can fall out , so id rather not have 20kg bag falling on my head...
I call BS, in that I find it hard to believe that the overhead bins on Swiss are of lower quality than those used by other airlines for decades (or, indeed, by Swiss in the past). A faulty bin should be put out of service, and shouldn’t be used as an excuse to limit all luggage weight.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Try to upgrade from Z to F @SIN airport and the satf tells me not possible - Z cant upgrade. Called HON circle basel and they did it over the phone right away. The local staff said that since 3 days the systems blocks them from doing it. Glitch in the IT or preparation for the next enhancement?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: LH-SEN, BA-G, HH-Diamond, PC-Diamond, Marriot-G
Paid First, Luggage lost, Station not reachable

Dear Swiss Lurker(s)
Last year, I did travel to Vietnam via ZRH and BKK on a paid first ticket. My luggage had been lost (it turned out that was temporarily and for two and a half days).

Was asked to contact staton once in hotel. Then
> the station was not reachable under the phone number that I was given at the airport
> the updates about the whereabout of the suitcase where consistently wrong for 2 1/2 days
> when I called Zurich, the Service Desk seemed to be outsourced, with no access to any systems or any information
> other telephone numbers I got were switched off during x-mas holiday.

I understand that luggage may be lost, but expected service to be recovered. What I did not expect was that you would fly, then lose luggage, and then just shut down service desks during the holiday season.

I did sent a letter to customer service, asking about which service desk would is available even during public holidays . What I did get was a standard apology and a box of chocolates.

I did follow up about where I should have gotten any information from - no response to this day. Is that the level of responsiveness that I should expect from LX - in First or any other class of service? Is there any possibility to get an useful answer?

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Swiss doesn't fly to Vietnam. Thai was ... therefore ... responsible.
Not quite. I had a stopover in BKK. Swiss did lose my luggage on their leg. The last leg was Bangkok Airways.

Last edited by fra_muc; Mar 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm Reason: Responding to a comment
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:35 pm

Swiss doesn't fly to Vietnam. Thai (I assume) was the carrier to fly you there on the final leg from BKK, and therefore, they're responsible*.

*It's always the last carrier that is responsible for the search of missing/lost baggage, including payments. If LX lost the bag already within their area of responsibility, then TG could later claim back money from them, but that's not the concern of the customer, but intra-airline stuff.

Basically, TG should have compensated you (reasonable expenses for clothing, personal items etc.) and IF it later came out that LX made a mistake, claim whatever they paid to you from them.

Very possibly, the luggage got lost while in transit in BKK.

Thus, LX had close to none access to whatever data from Thailand, and even if they had, TG would still be responsible.

Did the staff on arrival in Vietnam not made this clear to you, that TG is fully responsible, and not LX?

Basically, I totally understand that you were angry, but you're yelling at the wrong desk here.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:58 am

Dear Swiss-Lurkers, Swiss random-seating-robot (aka musical-chairs-in-the-air) still playing up - Please check your DM's when you have time?
Thank you !
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: SQ
Dear Swiss-Lurkers,

seat choice does not work.
Reserved 2 seats at booking in November. It changed the seats (from A-C to C-D). Kept changing it back to A-C but it doesn't register.
This is going on since beginning of the year and we are flying on friday.

I sent a request already on the contact form but this is a disaster of a system.

On top of that return flight has been cancelled and anticipated 4 hours +.
Not motivated to do other short trips / city trips.....
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:36 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by Batwoman
Dear Swiss-Lurkers,

seat choice does not work.
Reserved 2 seats at booking in November. It changed the seats (from A-C to C-D). Kept changing it back to A-C but it doesn't register.
This is going on since beginning of the year and we are flying on friday.

I sent a request already on the contact form but this is a disaster of a system.

On top of that return flight has been cancelled and anticipated 4 hours +.
Not motivated to do other short trips / city trips.....
Dear Batwoman,

You're welcome to send us your booking reference via direct message so we can check what the reason is for the automatic seat change. Also we're happy to help with your seat reservation if you let us know what your preference is.

We apologize for this inconvenience and hope we can clarify what the problem was/is in this case.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:48 am

@Batwoman Known IT problem at Swiss, seats cannot be assigned, seats change randomly etc. Problem was identified months ago and nothing has been done so far. Your only option is to use the phone or the kind Lurkers here!

As a side note, flights taken 12 days ago are still not credited to M&M by Swiss. Lufthansa flights are credited withing 24h. Definitely a mess whether online or offline. Perhaps I should propose my services as Head of IT at Swiss ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.