Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:16 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by mbr
Dear Lurkers

With the B777 coming up LX will finally have a first class seat which is worth the name again. I think everyone agrees that the seats on the A340 is really not state of the art anymore. That said LX will only get nine B777 yet and therefore the A340 will remain in service for quite some more time.

Are there any plans to retrofit the A340 in order to bring it at least to the A330 level or even similar to the B777? I believe the A340's will remain in service for another few years. I must confess that the very worn and oldfashioned seats, which are even often not working, did stop me from flying F on night flights since I can get better sleep in C. I've also got numerous feedbacks from FA's who mentioned that people are often complaining. Somehow I cannot imagine that it is so ridiculously expensive to rennovate the class for the highes paying customers.

Does LX plans to act on that?

Regards
mbr
Dear mbr,

This is a topic that has been brought up several times here on Flyertalk. Unfortunately, I cannot provide new insights. It still applies that the situation is currently being evaluated. But I will be happy to give an update as soon as a decision has been taken and is ready to be communicated.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear jetter,

I am currently trying to find out more about this change. It is indeed correct that this service will no longer be able to purchase through our ticket offices as of December 13, 2015. As of then, rail fly baggage can still be purchased at SBB sales points and through Swiss Travel System sales points. A list of the latter sales points can be found here.

I am still trying to find out how the new setup will affect the pricing of this service. I will get back to you as soon as I have found out more.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
So far it was free for SEN's to and from Switzerland if you flew with LX on and LX flights (no codeshare) Will this be service be stopped
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by jetter
So far it was free for SEN's to and from Switzerland if you flew with LX on and LX flights (no codeshare) Will this be service be stopped
Dear jetter,

I have heard back from my colleague with an update on the pricing.

Unfortunately, it will no longer be possible to use the Rail Fly Baggage service at a discounted rate or free of charge when flying in to Switzerland from abroad. It can be purchased for the normal rate through agents mentioned in my prior posting.

However, it will still be possible to make use of the check-in at train stations within Switzerland. So you can still have your luggage checked in and transported by SBB from say Davos to ZRH free of charge.

My apologies that this change has not been communicated more proactively.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
@ SwissInternationalAirLines

I booked some tickets in october and had to notice that the price for the LX comfort packages has been exploded in the last days. A few examples:

ZRH-IST, travel date at the end of NOV'15:
- My Ticket (DOI 28OKT15): CHF 73.40 K (fare) + CHF 75.00 P (comfort package) = CHF 148.40
- Swiss.com (today 12NOV15): CHF 74.40 K (fare) + CHF 325.00 P (comfort package) = CHF 399.40

Same price difference also on this routes (always same combination of fares K->P):

DE-ZRH-DE: paid EUR 199.68, now EUR 652,30
DE-ZRH: paid EUR 121.73, now EUR 369,73

I am always compairing the same flights in the same fare and booking class (K-cl) and the comfort package always quotes in P-cl...

What's the reason for this sudden and huge price difference?
Only a glitch on www.swiss.com or a price rise for the comfort packages?

Thank you for your reserach & answer!
Dear Air Rarotonga,

I have been in touch with my colleagues again. As mentioned, the comfort package pricing is dynamic. Apparently, there have been a few changes in the dynamic pricing that have now been adjusted.

Thanks again for pointing that out.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by kasi
Second segment: Upgrade again not possible --> Business completely empty
Third segment: Oh, you are lucky- i just booked you into the Last available seat --> i was the only one in business.

Dear Lurker, can you please help me to understand why this in my and your interest?
Dear kasi,

I have good news :-)

Re-booking into Business Class on our new European fares will be allowed for tickets issued on/after December 3, 2015.

Nevertheless, it will still apply that re-booking cannot be made for Light tickets. Consequently, these changes apply for Classic or Flex tickets and of course considering the ticket conditions.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Dec 2, 2015, 11:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Festive greetings to Swisslurker!

Q1 i have been reading report that those booked a first class ticket operated by Swiss but booked codeshare under United Airlines aren't allowed access anymore

Q2 Would this also be for first class tickets operated by Swiss but booked under Lufthansa codeshare? I am asking because i have complex ticket with multiple airlines which was easier to be ticketed on LH with additional codeshares. I am travelling with a invited party and would feel embaressed if being turned away at FCL.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL

Q1 i have been reading report that those booked a first class ticket operated by Swiss but booked codeshare under United Airlines aren't allowed access anymore

Q2 Would this also be for first class tickets operated by Swiss but booked under Lufthansa codeshare? I am asking because i have complex ticket with multiple airlines which was easier to be ticketed on LH with additional codeshares. I am travelling with a invited party and would feel embaressed if being turned away at FCL.
Dear HadesNL,

According to my knowledge, there has been no recent change to our lounge access policy.

I will double-check with my colleagues and get back to you. But I am positive that with LH flight numbers, access should be granted in any case.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ust-swiss.html
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
as well as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-f-lounge.html or http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lounge-access/

I am confused about the answer to today's question:

According to my knowledge, there has been no recent change to our lounge access policy.

I will double-check with my colleagues and get back to you.
since the topic was already brought up in this thread in October, 2014:

Originally Posted by ORDinary guy
Hi Nick
Just got off a Swiss flight from USA in paid F. Flight was purchased as a codeshare marketed by UA. Tried to access ZRH First lounge before connecting flight, but was denied access because of the codeshare. Told that has I purchased LX flight number I would have access. Have not run into this before despite similar ticketing. Language re: lounge access on website does not seem to mention a no-codeshare rule. Could you please clarify the rule, and perhaps suggest clearer language to the public?

The manager of the lounge came out to confirm what the lounge agent told me. She was very polite and kind, even acknowledging that Lufthansa does it differently which is confusing for customers.
Dear Ordinary guy,

My apologies for this misunderstanding and the inconvenience. We as well as United should probably have pointed this out more clearly. I will pass on your suggestion to our e-commerce team.
So the term "no recent change to our lounge access policy" actually means that LX F passengers on a ticket issued by UA are still not allowed access to the First Class Lounge, but after more than a year, LX still didn't manage to publish this rule on their website?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Well the confusing LX F-lounge policy is also picked up now in the blogosphere.
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...lounge-access/

It makes even fun how LX is supposedly using ambigious wording on the eligible lounge access website to filter visitors.

That's why i thought just to ask again for sure.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: LX *SEN, A3*G
I hope you can help me on this,

I was trying to book a flight from Basel to Lisbon.

First I tried to book, as I usually do, from BSL to LIS(“Airtrain service” to Zurich):

LX 7405(“Airtrain service”) Basel(BSL) - Zurich(ZRH)
LX 2084 Zurich(ZRH) - Lisbon(LIS)
Price 571CHF(Economy Classic)

But then I searched the option from Zurich to Lisbon and I got this:

Price 550CHF(Economy Classic)

On the swiss website states that the “Airtrain” service between Basel and Zurich is free, but in this situation I am being charged 21CHF p.p. for the “Airtrain Service”.

https://www.swiss.com/corporate/en/c...n-basel-zurich

Could you please clarify this situation?
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
Mileage credit

Dear Swisslurker,

I upgraded flight LX007 ORD-ZRH from eco to business on a lufthansa issued ticket using PPB points.

After the first sector DEL-ATL ticket was reissued due to a routing change but the booking code remained same.

Hence the electronic ticket number changed.

The return was on Swiss ORD-ZRH and ZRH-DEL.

I had opted for mileage in my United mileage plus account. Now while mileage for the Lufthansa sectors have been credited to my united account both the Swiss sectors are pending.

Swiss has rejected my request on the ground that it is an "I" class ticket even though I have mailed my original ticket to United showing paid class as "Q". United says they have sent a copy of this ticket to Swiss but you still rejected my credit.

According to United there is little they can do and suggest I contact Swiss directly. Whom should I get in touch with or can I send you the details via PM .
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by passosboard
I hope you can help me on this,

I was trying to book a flight from Basel to Lisbon.

First I tried to book, as I usually do, from BSL to LIS(“Airtrain service” to Zurich):

LX 7405(“Airtrain service”) Basel(BSL) - Zurich(ZRH)
Price 571CHF(Economy Classic)

But then I searched the option from Zurich to Lisbon and I got this:

Price 550CHF(Economy Classic)

On the swiss website states that the “Airtrain” service between Basel and Zurich is free, but in this situation I am being charged 21CHF p.p. for the “Airtrain Service”.

https://www.swiss.com/corporate/en/c...n-basel-zurich

Could you please clarify this situation?
Thanks in advance.
Dear passosboard,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been in a training for a few days.

I will have a look at the situation and will get back to you shortly.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
Dear Swisslurker,

I upgraded flight LX007 ORD-ZRH from eco to business on a lufthansa issued ticket using PPB points.

After the first sector DEL-ATL ticket was reissued due to a routing change but the booking code remained same.

Hence the electronic ticket number changed.

The return was on Swiss ORD-ZRH and ZRH-DEL.

I had opted for mileage in my United mileage plus account. Now while mileage for the Lufthansa sectors have been credited to my united account both the Swiss sectors are pending.

Swiss has rejected my request on the ground that it is an "I" class ticket even though I have mailed my original ticket to United showing paid class as "Q". United says they have sent a copy of this ticket to Swiss but you still rejected my credit.

According to United there is little they can do and suggest I contact Swiss directly. Whom should I get in touch with or can I send you the details via PM .
Dear RAMSWISS,

I will get in touch with some colleagues and get back to you. In the meantime, may I ask you to send me some more flight details such as PNR via PM?

Best regards from ZRH and many thanks,
Nick
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:46 pm

Dear Swiss Lurker

I recently enjoyed your Arrival Lounge. It was a lovely experience, as always..

What bugged me.. I arrived on a Non-Swiss flight (TK), so apparently the "internet code reader" didn't worked. The "solution" by your lounge attendant was to use whatever boarding pass was nearby to give me a 24hrs internet pass..

I blackened the personal parts..

[removed image]

Is this what LX First passengers can look forward to?

Given the personal informations available, I probably could have done a lot of oh-oh to that person. Or actually abused the internet connection (of course I did neither)

But really, get your act together. Either have generic internet codes for Non-LX boarding passes, or another solution.

Just using whatever boarding pass that is "available" to print internet codes isn't a solution in my book..

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 10, 2015 at 7:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.