Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear Alex,

I will try to find out if there is a reason for the lack of availability.

Best,
Nick
Thanks for finding out!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:26 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by mbr
Dear Nick

I have a question regarding the Check-In at many overseas stations. According to the SEN privileges "As a Senator you are welcome at the First Class check-in at any time - even if you have only booked a short domestic flight in Germany in Economy Class". In the last time I encounter that many stations have indicated that only HONs and F passengers may Check-In at the F class desks. Senators are moved to C class check-ins together with *G. I just experienced at ORD and they even denied to check me in on the F class desk and had me cueing (!) at the C desk since "they need to be available if a F guest arrive". Have seen the same Setup at SIN before where there is not even a SEN/F Check-In desk besides the separate F Check-In Lounge which is only available for F and HON.

What kind of new "enhancement" is that again?

Regards from ORD Lounge
mbr
Dear mbr,

My apologies for the inconvenience at ORD. To my knowledge, there have been no changes with respect to the First Class Check-In privilege for Senators and Star Alliance Gold members. However, there are exceptions to the rule. But these have been clearly communicated (e.g. FCT in FRA, First Class Island in ZRH). I will check back with my colleagues and will let you know as soon as possible in case I am mistaken.

My apologies again for this unpleasant experience at ORD!

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I am looking at flights between YUL-ZRH in J and return. Usually at least 2 award seats were released around 300 days in advance. Around 48 hours ago all seats were removed. There are now no partner award space i.e. July 14,15,16 has space now nothing. However is for all dates....
Dear Alex,

Apparently, due to peak season in July, very high demand is expected and accordingly, award availability was restricted. Also, due to high available capacity it could be the case that there was more availability for award tickets this year for the time you are looking at.

I was ensured though that as soon as it can be seen if demand will be lower than expected, seat availability will be opened again for the days where very high demand is currently projected.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by zolagola
Merci, Nick. Would there be any general communication issued to clients by LX in this matter as it seems this requirement has not been made official yet?
Dear zolagola,

According to the information that I received there has been no dedicated communication in writing. This policy was mainly distributed at check-in/at gates through our agents in cases where customers wanted to change the frequent flyer program after check-in for the upcoming flight.

I have taken up the input and will discuss it with my colleagues further.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I am looking at flights between YUL-ZRH in J and return. Usually at least 2 award seats were released around 300 days in advance. Around 48 hours ago all seats were removed. There are now no partner award space i.e. July 14,15,16 has space now nothing. However is for all dates....
Dear Alex,

Apparently, due to peak season in July, very high demand is expected and accordingly, award availability was restricted. Also, due to high available capacity it could be the case that there was more availability for award tickets this year for the time you are looking at.

I was ensured though that as soon as it can be seen if demand will be lower than expected, seat availability will be opened again for the days where very high demand is currently projected.

Best regards,
Nick
Thank you so much Nick for your response

Alex
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Waldofriend
Hi - I asked this question in another thread and the mod suggested I post it here for clarification:

According to the United website (under United Global First Lounges and Arrival Facilities) it states:

"An Arrivals facility is a retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy a breakfast and use complimentary Wi-Fi at some locations. Start your day refreshed at an Arrivals facility. Before their departing international flight, United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers must ask a United representative at the airport to access the Arrivals facility. Access is subject to availability. Customers cannot bring guests into the Arrivals facilities."

And then under Airports, for 'Zurich' it lists "Swiss Airlines Arrivals Lounge" as the United arrivals lounge facility for ZRH.

This would imply (unless I'm missing something) that if you are flying United Global First or Business First, access to the arrivals lounge at ZRH is granted "subject to availability" if requested prior to boarding your ex-US flight. Has United now made arrangements with Swiss to allow this access?

Thanks!
Dear Waldofriend,

I received confirmation from my colleague that United Global First and Business First customers do indeed have access to the arrival lounge.

I wish you a pleasant stay!

Best regards,
Nick
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Dear Waldofriend,

I received confirmation from my colleague that United Global First and Business First customers do indeed have access to the arrival lounge.

Best regards,
Nick
Thanks, Nick, for the confirmation. I will update the relevant thread in this forum.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Dear Waldofriend,

Best regards,
Nick
Dear Nick,

Thanks very much for getting the answer to this question for me - and other readers. Much appreciated.

All best,

Waldofriend
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: LH, TK, BA, AF / PC
Thumbs down

Dear zolagola,

According to the information that I received there has been no dedicated communication in writing. This policy was mainly distributed at check-in/at gates through our agents in cases where customers wanted to change the frequent flyer program after check-in for the upcoming flight.

I have taken up the input and will discuss it with my colleagues further.

Best regards,
Nick
Sorry, this is neither a valid LX policy nor in line with valid and published Staralliance rules. It is simply not the decission of LX how a customer use benefits of different FFP´s. If people take advantave of free seat reservation granted by their ABC tier, enter the lounge showing a XY Elite card and finally book the miles later on with a 3rd FFP people will do that also in future without asking if LX would be comfortable with this. This mindset communicated with this "policy" is very strange, and simply not acceptable.

It would be nice if you could forward this point of view to your masterminds. thanks
Old Sep 30, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1P
Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Dear Lurker,

I have an upcoming trip in a few weeks. We are booked from USA to Zurich in LX F, connecting to AMM on RJ. It is all booked on one e-ticket.

I called Swiss USA today to assign seats, and asked the agent to confirm I will be able to check bags all the way through. He did not seem to know the answer, and suggested I inquire at the counter when checking in for the flight. Obviously I would rather find out sooner rather than later if this will be a problem. Can you provide any advice?

Thanks,
ORDinary Guy
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by ORDinary guy
Dear Lurker,

I have an upcoming trip in a few weeks. We are booked from USA to Zurich in LX F, connecting to AMM on RJ. It is all booked on one e-ticket.

I called Swiss USA today to assign seats, and asked the agent to confirm I will be able to check bags all the way through. He did not seem to know the answer, and suggested I inquire at the counter when checking in for the flight. Obviously I would rather find out sooner rather than later if this will be a problem. Can you provide any advice?

Thanks,
ORDinary Guy
Dear ORDinary Guy,

SWISS and Royal Jordanian have an interlining agreement in place. Therefore, you will be able to check your luggage through to Amman.

I wish you a pleasant flight!

Best regards,
Nick
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Dear Lurker,

Does LX have an interlining agreement in place with either SA or BA/Comair at JNB for international transfers (onward to LVI)?

Thx.

/CO FF
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by CO FF
Dear Lurker,

Does LX have an interlining agreement in place with either SA or BA/Comair at JNB for international transfers (onward to LVI)?

Thx.

/CO FF
Hi CO FF,

We do have interlining agreements with both SA and BA. However, connections to those flights in JNB are rather tight. So you might want to consider spending a night in JNB.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Thanks, Nick!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:25 am

I was flying C ORD-ZRH-BUD and Swiss ditched my checked bags on the ZRH-BUD segment to make room for their junior waterpolo team's bags. That was a pretty lame move to ditch a C pax bags, especially that there were total 4 C pax on board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.