Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
My vote is to lock this thread and throw away the key.

I think both parties would benefit from it. - The Social media team would have more time to focus on what's important to them,
and far less people would be disgruntled here by waiting for replies which either don't come, or then don't help.
+ 1

Absolutey clear that SWISS have Zero interest in Flyertalk, demonstrated by their absence.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Dear Franziska,

I have a remark regarding the "night" blankets" offered in SWISS Business Class. They were introduced around 10 years ago and comparing to other premium airlines, who already had or in the meanwhile introduced new products, the quality is far inferior, I really hope that we will see a improvement here shortly

Regards,
LXA350
asimha and alinghi90 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:38 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I entirely agree with LXA350 and would like to add some pictorial evidence. I took this photo of a SWISS business blanket in 2008 because I could not believe its poor quality.

A few years later in 2011 I was pleased to find the quality of business blankets had improved.

I recently flew two overnight flights in SWISS business and was surprised to find what seemed like the same blankets from 10 years ago - except they looked even more worn out than the blanket in my 2008 photo.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I entirely agree with LXA350 and would like to add some pictorial evidence. I took this photo of a SWISS business blanket in 2008 because I could not believe its poor quality.

<snip>
I recently flew two overnight flights in SWISS business and was surprised to find what seemed like the same blankets from 10 years ago - except they looked even more worn out than the blanket in my 2008 photo.
Forget the crap blankets, you got slippers in C in 2008?? Bring those back, LX!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by bawm
Forget the crap blankets, you got slippers in C in 2008?? Bring those back, LX!
What a contrast this would have been, crappy blankets but slippers No, they were the F slippers used until around 2012, there were never slippers in C, excpet for maybe on ZRH-NRT-ZRH?
bawm likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I conclude from the enthusiastic answers of the Lurker that their interest in this thread has ceased....
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:43 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Dear Artemio

Very happy to receive your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to reach out.

I do understand your point here - it is a little intimidating to receive a negative access message at the entrance point in such cases. I will reach out to the Service Center Managers as this is something with human factor impact. In other words, addressing information that a first class ticket on a codeshare flight is not entitled to access the Lounge in Zurich would be the job of a travel consultant in the Service Centers. On SWISS.com the first class product is not bookable for codeshare flights - at least the once I have checked such as ZRH - IAD with UA and ZRH - SIN with SQ - for instance.

Very best,
Franziska
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear Artemio

Very happy to receive your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to reach out.

I do understand your point here - it is a little intimidating to receive a negative access message at the entrance point in such cases. I will reach out to the Service Center Managers as this is something with human factor impact. In other words, addressing information that a first class ticket on a codeshare flight is not entitled to access the Lounge in Zurich would be the job of a travel consultant in the Service Centers. On SWISS.com the first class product is not bookable for codeshare flights - at least the once I have checked such as ZRH - IAD with UA and ZRH - SIN with SQ - for instance.

Very best,
Franziska
Dear Franziska,

the example mentioned is exactly the other way around: there have been instances of passengers flying LX F but with a UA flight number who were turned away at the FCL. The UA “problem” is now solved as UA no longer sell F, but if one books for example LX176 but with SQ2928 flight number, does one have FCL access or not?
chris63 likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Dear Lurkers (if you are lurking?), more bugs on swiss.com - I am logged in (tried on several browsers), Sen status and once again impossible to select a preferred seat such as 4D - See example below:
Old May 8, 2019, 3:06 am

Well sadly nobody cares at Swiss ... so why even reply ?
Old May 8, 2019, 3:08 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
In the posts above it has been mentioned several times that the lurkers are no longer lurking.

Furthermore the bug you encountered is a long standing bug that has been around for years.
asimha likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
In the posts above it has been mentioned several times that the lurkers are no longer lurking.

Furthermore the bug you encountered is a long standing bug that has been around for years.
Indeed it is and that is what amazes me ...
cbourl likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:11 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by asimha
Indeed it is and that is what amazes me ...
LH IT.
asimha and cbourl like this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:48 am

Funny one that I thought I would share

Pricing for GVA IST via FRA, same dates, same flights (LX1080, LH1298, LH1301, LX1087)

On swiss.com in Economy (Y - Only option proposed) CHF 2'256
On lufthansa.com in Business (P - Flex) CHF 700.55

Which one do you think I have booked ?
Old May 9, 2019, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by asimha

Which one do you think I have booked ?
I'd have booked the direct TK flight for even less

Swiss booking system is pretty much useless for anything but pure LX flights (a few code shares do work, but besides that, good luck trying to combine even most LX codeshares..)

Often I'm basically forced to book through a (O)TA, and then LX manages to remove/destroy ASR more often than not even for long haul flights (despite it actually showing on Swiss.com after having it added through the hotline after booking and sticking for all the time..) at some time 24-48hrs before departure. And yes, it's then completely gone, and yes, that happened already half a dozen times and I've simply given up.

Their system is beyond pathetic, it's even worse than that of LH (and that's quite an achievement!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.