Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Asiana Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Dears

i am flying on a United Ticket Number from Miami to London via Zurich.
The flights are performed by Swiss International. As i am a Miles & More earner i am wondering if i will get credited the two flight segments performed by Swiss?
It's only about the segments as i would like to renew the Frequent Traveller Status with 30 legs.
Thanks for your answer
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:36 pm

Yes, you'll get two segments (4, if round trip) for those flights.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Dear lurker,
I would be grateful if you could post the exact time of the February seafood connoisseur experience in First. Missed the last connoisseur experience by a few days.

Thank you

worldclubber
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:52 am

Easy question I hope.
I want to travel from Birmingham to SFO via Zurich on Swiss on one ticket.
There is a 1 hour 40 minute transfer time at ZRH.
I'm guessing that I would need to go thru immigration in ZRH .
The flight seems legal but I hate that tight feeling in the chest when things run tight.
Is this a reasonably doable connection?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ozflier
Easy question I hope.
The flight seems legal but I hate that tight feeling in the chest when things run tight.
This is easily doable if the flights are on time. I did a 45 minute connection OSL-ZRH-ORD with a slight delay on the OSL-ZRH leg and an additional SSSS in ZRH. So I wouldn't worry!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ozflier
Easy question I hope.
No immigration. The UK isnt in Schengen. You will arrive in D gates and make a dirty transfer to E gates (security check)

You could do a clean transfer via A gates as well.

1hr 40min is more than plenty time in ZRH.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:51 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Dear Leslie,

Thanks for your prompt reply though I (and probably many others) are quite surprised by your reply.
Where can we find this rule / regulation?
You are saying 'for a while now', can you elaborate since when this has been introduced?

To answer your question: yes, we were granted access to the adjoining SEN lounge.

Best Regards
The Wolf
Dear The Wolf,

We're trying to find the guideline/policy for cases like this and are still waiting for a response from our colleagues. We'll inform you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,
Leslie
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Dear Lurker,

I was looking for flights from GVA to ATH for beginning of April and for summer 2018. The only options with Swiss that come up are via Zurich. Are there no direct flights planned anymore (would surprise me after the CSeries introduction in Geneva), or do they still need to be loaded ?
Dear Carpacchio,

Were you able to find the flights in the meantime? The CS300 will be operating daily at 12:10pm from GVA to ATH.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear Carpacchio,

Were you able to find the flights in the meantime? The CS300 will be operating daily at 12:10pm from GVA to ATH.

Best regards,

Leslie
I have found the same availability problems (GVA to ATH not the other way around) but only for reward flights.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Dear lurker,
I would be grateful if you could post the exact time of the February seafood connoisseur experience in First. Missed the last connoisseur experience by a few days.

Thank you

worldclubber
Dear worldclubber,

Please send us this request as a private message, as we need to contact the relevant department regarding the Seafood Connoisseur Experience.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by asimha
I have found the same availability problems (GVA to ATH not the other way around) but only for reward flights.
Dear andré,

If you can't find the flight when looking for a ticket with miles, it just means that there aren't any seats open for an award ticket on those dates. The seats could re-open at any time.
In case you would like to get some more information, you're welcome to contact us via phone. We'd be happy to help.

Best regards,

Leslie
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Dear LX Lurker, do you have an update for us on when the refurbishment of the 6 A343's will occur / be completed in 2018?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 10:12 pm

Dear Swiss Lurker,

I flew GVA-ZRH-FRA-BKK in LH F on the 3rd of November, all booked on the same itinerary and all connecting flights on the same day in CCl. To my extreme surprise and annoyance, I was denied access to F Lounge in GVA from 3 different attendants, being pretty sure about the rules I asked to talk with the MdL in GVA who wasn't present.

After escalating to the first class services of Lufthansa on the phone and passing my own phone to the lounge attendant I was told that this time I could exceptionally be let in, but I was still wrong. It was now 5 minutes from boarding and I just left for my gate.

Once arrived in ZRH I was promptly let in at both A and E lounges but I wanted to make sure the rules didn't change and asked to talk with the MdL in ZRH, nobody showed up for several hours despite my multiple requests, it was finally time to board to FRA where both the MdL at the FCT and the purser on board took note of this inconsistency.

On a lesser note, the FCl check-in attendant in GVA didn't attach the HON tag despite my F connection and after I pointed it out she said that I get only the standard priority for being *G.

Nice inconsistent service...

Could you please clarify what the official rules for lounge access are in both departure and arrival?

PS: I also wrote about this to the Swiss Premium Travel Services in BSL and the MdL in ZRH
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
@959: I have had the same experience and am waiting for a reply since the 3rd of October.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28887662-post1902.html
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:53 pm

-duplicate

Last edited by 959; Nov 12, 2017 at 10:11 am Reason: duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.