Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:19 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Dear Swiss Lurker

I've had a few European flights recently where there was absolutely no Business class.

So far so good, that's probably what was going to happen when cheaper Business class fares were increased significantly (and the P&Z class earnings lowered) - but my question is, why won't Swiss SELL Business class at all 1 day before departure?

For example, on tomorrows ZRH-LJU flight, it looks like this:

Business: Not available

Economy: for 127 CHF W "Light"

Now, I would totally understand it if Swiss had an almost full Economy cabin, and therefore couldn't "occupy" a full row by selling Business class - but the flight in question looks fairly empty from online-checkin.

Is this a one-off situation, or what is the reason behind not selling Business class anymore on short notice? I assume upgrading with evouchers/miles on such flight is also blocked in this case (not that it would make much sense on such a route..)
Dear YuropFlyer,

I looked at flights for the next few days but could not find the same situation anymore. Do you happen to have more examples like the one mentioned earlier? It quite looks like a one-off situation to me. Usually, there are of course short notice Business Class tickets for sale.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: LH HON
Shower at arrival in NRT

Dear SwissLurker,

We will arrive in Tokyo by LX160 (1 in F and 1 in C) early morning. Is there a possibility to use a shower at arrival?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail
Dear SwissLurker,

We will arrive in Tokyo by LX160 (1 in F and 1 in C) early morning. Is there a possibility to use a shower at arrival?
Dear shipsmail,

Unfortunately, there is no lounge available in NRT on arrival. However, there is the possibility is to use the public shower facility against payment in the terminal.

Our Meet & Greet team would be happy to help you find your way upon arrival.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 25, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: LH SEN
Bug in manage existing bookings screen

Hi Nick

The option to upgrade to the comfort package / business class does not appear on the manage existing bookings screen if the outbound and inbound are not the same.

For example

Scenario 1: Existing booking / multi point
out : lhr-zrh-zdh
in: zrh-lcy
The option to upgrade does not appear.

Scenario 2: Existing booking / single point
out: lhr-zrh
in: zrh-lhr
The option to upgrade does appear.

Scenario 3: New booking / single point
The option to upgrade does appear on the "Swiss Choice" page - the one before entering the passenger details.

Should be an easy enough coding fix.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Thumbs down comfort package calculation discrepancy

Hi LX Nick,

I want to book the following flights:

- 13NOV15 GVA-RAK LX2200/K
- 15NOV15 RAK-GVA LX2201/K

For both flights in Economy, I get quoted the fare "KLGT0D" for CHF45.- of a total of CHF 98.75.

Then LX offers me to buy a comfort package as following:

- 13NOV15 GVA-RAK LX2200 for CHF 60.00 into P-cl
- 15NOV15 RAK-GVA LX2201 for CHF 49.50 into P-cl

But the total showing will be CHF 248.75 instead of CHF 208.25 (98.75 + 60.00 + 49.50). Difference of CHF 40.50.

Please advice, how this diffenrence happens and how I can book the K-cl flights plus comfort package for the offered CHF 208.25!

Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:45 am

Hi Nick,

By buying the comfort package, do we get the miles for the new business booking class (which would also give HON miles) or only the miles for the original eco booking class ?
I get contradictory info about that.

Last edited by PetzLUX; Sep 28, 2015 at 5:00 am
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by bobhope2
Hi Nick

The option to upgrade to the comfort package / business class does not appear on the manage existing bookings screen if the outbound and inbound are not the same.

For example

Scenario 2: Existing booking / single point
The option to upgrade does appear.

Scenario 3: New booking / single point
The option to upgrade does appear on the "Swiss Choice" page - the one before entering the passenger details.

Should be an easy enough coding fix.
Dear bobhope2,

I have received feedback on the possibilities to book the comfort package through our website. Unfortunately, the comfort package cannot be booked on open jaw tickets due to technical limitations. Thus, the offer is not displayed in the booking manager.

My apologies for this inconvenience.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 28, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by bobhope2
Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Dear bobhope2,

I have received feedback on the possibilities to book the comfort package through our website. Unfortunately, the comfort package cannot be booked on open jaw tickets due to technical limitations. Thus, the offer is not displayed in the booking manager.
If you make a new booking, it's possible to add the comfort package, even on OJ routings inkluding the Airtrain:

Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Hi Nick,

By buying the comfort package, do we get the miles for the new business booking class (which would also give HON miles) or only the miles for the original eco booking class ?
I get contradictory info about that.
Dear PetzLUX,

When upgrading through the comfort package, miles are currently credited based on the Business Class booking class. Accordingly, you do also receive Status, Select and HON miles based on that booking class.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Hi LX Nick,

I want to book the following flights:

- 13NOV15 GVA-RAK LX2200/K
- 15NOV15 RAK-GVA LX2201/K

For both flights in Economy, I get quoted the fare "KLGT0D" for CHF45.- of a total of CHF 98.75.

Then LX offers me to buy a comfort package as following:

- 13NOV15 GVA-RAK LX2200 for CHF 60.00 into P-cl
- 15NOV15 RAK-GVA LX2201 for CHF 49.50 into P-cl

But the total showing will be CHF 248.75 instead of CHF 208.25 (98.75 + 60.00 + 49.50). Difference of CHF 40.50.

Please advice, how this diffenrence happens and how I can book the K-cl flights plus comfort package for the offered CHF 208.25!

Dear Air Rarotonga,

I forwarded your question to the department in charge and am awaiting a reply. I will get back to you as soon as I know what the reason for the re-calculation is.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:55 am

Dear PetzLUX,

When upgrading through the comfort package, miles are currently credited based on the Business Class booking class. Accordingly, you do also receive Status, Select and HON miles based on that booking class.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Thanks Nick !
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL
Dear Nick,

It seems that the Comfort Package option does not appear anymore in any of my current/new bookings. Was this cancelled? It seems it is not listed in Swiss Choice anymore.
Thanks, Lukasz
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by lukasz
Dear Nick,

It seems that the Comfort Package option does not appear anymore in any of my current/new bookings. Was this cancelled? It seems it is not listed in Swiss Choice anymore.
Thanks, Lukasz
Dear Lukasz,

Are you still encountering these issues? I just tried a few (new) bookings and it seems to be working fine on my side now.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:22 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

Been a while since I've been flying into ZRH with a *A airline (TK) not being part of LH Group, so I thought better to be checking as I couldn't find clear information. Last time I had the same situation, I've had access, but that was roughly 2 years ago, and with rules changing frequently..

As SEN, am I still allowed access to the LX Arrival lounge in ZRH arriving on TK? If yes, does it include a guest (on the same flight)?

I'm aware that I'll be able to use the SEN lounge on arrival, but just myself when arriving with any *A flight, so that would be my backup-solution in case arrival-lounge access has been enhanced on non LH group metal, but given that I won't be able to get back airside once I'm at the Arrival Lounge, I'd like to make sure where I shall head to.

Thank you
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:30 am
hcl

Do you happen to have more examples like the one mentioned earlier? It quite looks like a one-off situation to me. Usually, there are of course short notice Business Class tickets for sale.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Dear SwissLurker

LUG - CDG
Dep: 6 november 2015
Ret: 9 november 2015

No Biz available no matter if the fly is operated by AF or LX.

I checked other dates and I have the same result. I ended up by booking via service center.

Another question / point:
Everytime I decide to print my BP @ the airport in Lugano (LUG), the BP is 99,9% unreadable @ gate / lounge / ...
Just this week I flew 6 times between lug - gva and zrh and at the ZRH/GVA lounge they printed another BP for me.
The staff told me there's a known problem with BP Printing in Lugano.

Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.