Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone used the amex membership rewards swiss airline vouchers?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa platinum, delta, virgin america, us airways, priority club, hilton honors
anyone used the amex membership rewards swiss airline vouchers?

hello-

i'm trying to figure out if getting the swiss airline vouchers is worth it from the american express membership rewards program. my fiance and i are getting married in switzerland in june and i'm looking for flights right now.

has anyone used them? any problems in booking the flight that you wanted? during peak season (summer and winter)?

thanks.
theresa
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diam, Miles and More FF
Hi Theresa,

You get a voucher for the cost of your annual fee (but max 300 CHF i think). You can use them anytime as a "coupon" during payment.

The big caveat is the ticket you apply them against has to cost more the 999CHF.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by delsman
Hi Theresa,

You get a voucher for the cost of your annual fee (but max 300 CHF i think). You can use them anytime as a "coupon" during payment.

The big caveat is the ticket you apply them against has to cost more the 999CHF.
And worse - only if it originates in CH

Cheers

Thomas
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:48 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
I think the OP is talking about the american express membership rewards program, not the Swiss based program of Swisscard.....
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I think we are mixing up two different things here.

The OP is asking about the American Express Rewards vouchers, not the voucher you get when having a Swiss M&M American Express card with "Value Pack".

I can't comment on the American Express Rewards vouchers, tough.

EDIT: Somehow I have missed Fly-Swiss' post above.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by hello_world
hello-

i'm trying to figure out if getting the swiss airline vouchers is worth it from the american express membership rewards program. my fiance and i are getting married in switzerland in june and i'm looking for flights right now.

has anyone used them? any problems in booking the flight that you wanted? during peak season (summer and winter)?

thanks.
theresa
I assume you are referring to the 50k ticket to Europe. You probably already got your tickets... if not it might be time Not sure if you have taken that route... If so it would be interesting to know, since I just ordered the certificate last week.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:57 pm

So has anyone used this Amex Reward? I'm talking about the 50k points for a R/T ticket to Europe.
I'd like to do this myself but my concern is the taxes.

Thanks for any feedback
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:46 pm

trying to get this thread going again, has anyone used this benefit? were the taxes insane? i'm trying to fly from boston to europe this fall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.