Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul Cash Upgrade offer at checkin/gate on Swiss

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: LXFF
IDK, but 1400 CHF doesn't seem that bad to me? Obviously with no lounges and such it's less interesting but on a long flight it seems reasonable.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Ouf... I wouldn't pay it. If you're already in C and you're thinking of splashing CHF1,400 for even more legroom in F (isn't there enough in C?) and what hopefully might be better food. Plus, I've been on a few flights where C looked like it was better than F, if such a thing was possible (I think that this was on a plane with a newly refurbished business cabin but which had old non refurbished first). Even at CHF500 I wouldn't risk it, because the service and crews on SWISS are so inconsistent and tend to be downright poor these days.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:27 am

Even with lounge and full F service, I wouldn't pay 1400 CHF to upgrade biz to first for ZRH-GRU.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:44 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by mileageking
Even with lounge and full F service, I wouldn't pay 1400 CHF to upgrade biz to first for ZRH-GRU.
Considering you can get an F companion ticket for less than that... I think the recent ARN one was ~2500.-, so 1250.- per way.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by mileageking
ZRH-GRU (and vv) used to be one of the best OpUp C->F flights.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
When I took the zrh-gru-zrh flight for the last time (Nov 2020) F was 8/8 on the outbound and 9/8 on the inbound. Yes, one pax was downgraded to C. He was less than pleased and even the cpt had to intervene.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I feel that when they have to downgrade people out of First that something has really gone wrong in all aspects at the airline. Which is what I have felt for a longish time now about SWISS. Downgrades from First should never happen.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Occasionally F is oversold on some routes, especially if they know that people change their plans on a regular basis.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 4:15 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Any experiences with upgrading... within the plane from Business to First?
Or... with upgrading at the airport and costs, for DXB to ZRH, from Business to First?
HON line now quotes 2200 CHF, which is too much for this flight. At the same time, don't wanna burn the vouchers or miles on this :-))
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Any experiences with upgrading... within the plane from Business to First?
Or... with upgrading at the airport and costs, for DXB to ZRH, from Business to First?
HON line now quotes 2200 CHF, which is too much for this flight. At the same time, don't wanna burn the vouchers or miles on this :-))
even for a long haul to Americas or far east, 2200 CHF for one way is too much...
Old Feb 6, 2021, 3:42 am
R2

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
When I took the zrh-gru-zrh flight for the last time (Nov 2020) F was 8/8 on the outbound and 9/8 on the inbound. Yes, one pax was downgraded to C. He was less than pleased and even the cpt had to intervene.
They did the downgrade after everyone had boarded? One would think the check-in process / station manager makes sure this is done before boarding...
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by R2
They did the downgrade after everyone had boarded? One would think the check-in process / station manager makes sure this is done before boarding...
I don't know when he learned about it. I knew that the flight was oversold in F the day before and then witnessed part of the downgrade scene onboard.
LX bocked a couple of seats for him in the C section with no other pax close bye.
I don't know why they did not rebook him on the LH flight to FRA that still had space. Maybe he refused to take it.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:21 pm

I love Swiss Business class!
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:38 pm

Just flew an award ticket through Aeroplan all on business class for ORD-ZRH-AUH-MLE on 2 July 2021. ORD-ZRH was on LX metal. Upon check in at ORD, I asked for first class upgrade price, and they quoted $999 as some kind of promo? You can bet that I took the offer! It was my first time on LX F and I was excited, service and food were in line with my expectations

Last edited by gbongc; Jul 14, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Just curious, what would be the cash UG from P fare to the F cabin for SIN to ZRH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.