Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
It gets time for the F catering to be adjusted and EX ZRH the quality also can be better at times. Starting with the bread, for so many years it's always the same. The cold plate and even additional starters always +- the same. Of course I am not speaking about the signature Balik which is here to stay. Then the main courses miss the creativity and quality, at least you can pre order some additional dishes now but also here quality is missing. The Zürcher Geschnezeltes would also need to be a better quality version for instance.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Opinions on the C class sliced veal with mushrooms, Zurich style. Classic dish that can be great or terrible in restaurants. Opinions on the LX version?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Also doubt it is vegetarian. Would probably make sense to replace it by a vegetarian or vegan vegetable curry, to give vegetarians/vegans more options.
Avoid it at all costs anyway, because it is terrible. Dry and no taste of curry at all. Not to compare at all with Hiltl versions, sometimes served by Swiss.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:00 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Opinions on the C class sliced veal with mushrooms, Zurich style. Classic dish that can be great or terrible in restaurants. Opinions on the LX version?
It always comes with fried potatoes (Rösti), which cannot be good on a plane. I never have it in the sky now, but enjoy it a lot on the ground (e.g. at the FCL at ZRH).
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by aflo
Avoid it at all costs anyway, because it is terrible. Dry and no taste of curry at all. Not to compare at all with Hiltl versions, sometimes served by Swiss.
I won’t order the vegetarian option anyway, but thanks for the warning. Whether it is good or not so good, it should be vegetarian, and ideally also tasty.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by LXA350
It gets time for the F catering to be adjusted and EX ZRH the quality also can be better at times. Starting with the bread, for so many years it's always the same. The cold plate and even additional starters always +- the same. Of course I am not speaking about the signature Balik which is here to stay. Then the main courses miss the creativity and quality, at least you can pre order some additional dishes now but also here quality is missing. The Zürcher Geschnezeltes would also need to be a better quality version for instance.
The 3 different Breads baked together are very nice & fresh, i would not want that changed & on all my LX F flights over the last Year, the food ex ZRH has been very good, for Plane food, & streets ahead of what LH F are offering……
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 12:19 am

Programs: LX SEN
It always comes with fried potatoes (Rösti), which cannot be good on a plane. I never have it in the sky now, but enjoy it a lot on the ground (e.g. at the FCL at ZRH).
I concur. It is not good. And it does not compare to the FCL's version that competes with good restaurant versions.

But from the current offerings, this is the one that I pre-ordered. When it is served, it does not look as good as advertised. Nevertheless, I believe that it is still better than many of the other available choices.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by chris63
The 3 different Breads baked together are very nice & fresh, i would not want that changed & on all my LX F flights over the last Year, the food ex ZRH has been very good, for Plane food, & streets ahead of what LH F are offering……
If one does not order food that doesn't work on planes, LX catering ex ZRH is really pretty good. It keeps surprising me that airlines offer meals that can, by definition, not work well on planes.
chris63 and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
I concur. It is not good. And it does not compare to the FCL's version that competes with good restaurant versions.

But from the current offerings, this is the one that I pre-ordered. When it is served, it does not look as good as advertised. Nevertheless, I believe that it is still better than many of the other available choices.
I agree about the comparison with the Zurich veal at the FCL, which is a totally different ballgame. Not so sure that it is better than the other available choices. I have to admit that because of the Rösti alone I would never order the veal.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
If one does not order food that doesn't work on planes, LX catering ex ZRH is really pretty good. It keeps surprising me that airlines offer meals that can, by definition, not work well on planes.
For European carriers, only AF P can beat or compare to LX F ex ZRH & from my departure points AF is at a much higher price & they don’t have the schedule choice in F
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Had it in November ZRH-BKK.

Very tasty, though I have no ground-based restaurant experiences to compare it against.

Would happily choose it again.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: LX SEN
I agree about the comparison with the Zurich veal at the FCL, which is a totally different ballgame. Not so sure that it is better than the other available choices. I have to admit that because of the Rösti alone I would never order the veal.
I forgot to mention that I ordered it for a C, not an F, flight. I agree that, while the sliced veal is to my view a reasonable choice in C, it is not in F
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by chris63
For European carriers, only AF P can beat or compare to LX F ex ZRH & from my departure points AF is at a much higher price & they don’t have the schedule choice in F
LX and the ZRH hub is still a pretty good compromise over all. Just need to bring back decent bubbly on the feeder flights in Euro-J.
LoungeLizzard and chris63 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by impeymac
Had it in November ZRH-BKK.

Very tasty, though I have no ground-based restaurant experiences to compare it against.

Would happily choose it again.
Good to hear.

The veal itself is most likely fine. The side, Rösti (fried potatoes) just cannot work very well on a plane, where the food is only reheated. Just like french fries, potato wedges, chicken nuggets and the like airlines sometimes offer (particularly in kids meals), which all come out soft and soggy instead of crispy.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
It's good. Would be satisfied to have in a restaurant.

...but I did regret ordering it eventually since the other dishes were so much more memorable - my better half had the famous venison and left me just enough so that I would curse my choice forever.
worldclubber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.