Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Menus ex ZRH in F and C (6 Mar 24 - 4 June 24)
First Class:

https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663584.pdf

Business Class:
https://preview.thenewsmarket.com/Pr...ets/663583.pdf

Link for pre-ordering meals ex ZRH in F and C

https://www.pre-flight-shopping.com/en/?p=eHSqnIMU_UQ

Special themes in F for 2024 (from olm022 )
21. February - 5. March 2024 (Caviar Weeks)
22. May - 6. June 2024 (Theme to be communicated)
21. August - 3. September 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

20. November - 3. December 2024 (Theme to be communicated)

Print Wikipost

The SWISS Business & First Class Menu Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:58 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NYC1
Why more choice? It’s the same menu. Guarantee is good in C, in F, it’s never been an issue. Detriment—scenario where you pick X online, then change your mind on the plane to Y and they don’t have it because they now load a lots less meals because of the online system.
Agree, pre-order only makes sense with more choice, such as offered by SQ and others. As far as I understood the announcement for J, there would be more choice for pre-order than on board.

And, of course, it would help to not only guarantee your first choice but also to reduce waste. Still, some extra meals should always be available on board.

It never used to be an issue. More recently, when F cabins to/from NA are usually 8/8, I had some issues with first choice already taken or, more often, had to take away the first choice from others due to my status with M&M, which I would rather not do. Just recently had the fish dish that was only loaded 3 times and requested by 5.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: LX SEN
exactly, the benefit of online ordering is to have more choices. I ordered a plate on my last J travel (noodles) that was simpler and better than the standard J food. It also comes with the benefit to simplify the order taking.

I am soon flying F and would welcome this possibility too, especially if there are more choices.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 5:11 am

and for those who travel with children, pre-ordering online enables to get rid of the child's meal that sticks to the child's ticket,
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:44 am

For J, this is good. For F, I don’t think so because they will not offer more choices a la SQ.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:01 am

For J, this is good. For F, I don’t think so because they will not offer more choices a la SQ.
Most recent data point: HON heavy 8/8 flight, by the time they asked me (SEN), choices were already limited. Not the end of the world, but not great either. Times have changed with generally full F cabins and lots of Covid-HONs around. Would definitely give pre-order a try.
chris63 and MichielR like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Most recent data point: HON heavy 8/8 flight, by the time they asked me (SEN), choices were already limited. Not the end of the world, but not great either. Times have changed with generally full F cabins and lots of Covid-HONs around. Would definitely give pre-order a try.
That’s an unfortunate situation/development. All my flights during the last 9 months in F with LX and LH have been 8/8 or close to it and I didn’t have this issue. Maybe they’ve cut back in the last few weeks or maybe it was one flight. Flying tomorrow so we’ll see…
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:45 pm

That’s an unfortunate situation/development. All my flights during the last 9 months in F with LX and LH have been 8/8 or close to it and I didn’t have this issue. Maybe they’ve cut back in the last few weeks or maybe it was one flight. Flying tomorrow so we’ll see…
Thanks for your promised report. As far as my case was concerned, the special item that was not in the menu (Zurich style veal) was no longer available and one other main. Also got very little Balik, as two HONs requested a “large portion”.

I only learned about the daily special, because I asked “what’s no longer available” when the FA came to my seat. He wouldn’t have volunteered the information that there was a special.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:04 am

Also got very little Balik, as two HONs requested a “large portion”.
No way! That would have totally p**** me off and I think I couldn't have stand that. Having to deal with a certain number of dished and prioritizing some guests for the choice is a thing. Having a DYKWIA passenger next to me begging for more and thus depriving their neighbor is another, and just wouldn't have been bearable to me. Too bad for the good mood in the cabin for the flight after that!
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:44 am

Also got very little Balik, as two HONs requested a “large portion”.
Not OK for the crew to indulge that at the expense of another passenger!
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:19 pm

Not OK for the crew to indulge that at the expense of another passenger!
Well, the FA served a big plate with at least 7-8 pieces of Balik to the pax across the aisle from me with the comment “a large portion of Balik, as requested” and I got 2 pieces, which is a lot less than I got in the past, but also not a huge deal. Doesn’t bother me so much.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:30 pm

Thanks for your promised report. As far as my case was concerned, the special item that was not in the menu (Zurich style veal) was no longer available and one other main. Also got very little Balik, as two HONs requested a “large portion”.

I only learned about the daily special, because I asked “what’s no longer available” when the FA came to my seat. He wouldn’t have volunteered the information that there was a special.
I had the same experience a few month ago and attributed it to the fact that I had ordered another starter.. But I also wonder if the FAs do not keep some for themselves, as it is the often the only truly good food on the plane. My recollection is that LX loads several of those pieces of Balik in vacuumed bags. Although they probably are also for the return flight, there seems to be plenty for 8 + 8, hence my hypothesis.

The Zurich style veal may have been the one available for pre-order in C. I ordered it on one of my last trips in J and it is not worth the time to fill the pre-order. Hence you did not miss anything.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:31 pm

[double post]
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:07 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Well, the FA served a big plate with at least 7-8 pieces of Balik to the pax across the aisle from me with the comment “a large portion of Balik, as requested” and I got 2 pieces, which is a lot less than I got in the past, but also not a huge deal. Doesn’t bother me so much.
But are you sure that there was none left? Did you ask?
On one of my recent flights earlier this summer, I also only got 2 or 3 pieces and then asked for a second serving, which I received promptly.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
BKK-ZRH F September

59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
BKK-ZRH F September

Balik Salmon

Second portion of Balik Salmon, offered by FA

Lobster

Veal Zurich style, recommended by Crew

Pumpkin Soup

Cheese Plate

Black Forest Cake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.