Wiki Posts
Search

ZRH to ORD Business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Platinum AA, Silver United
ZRH to ORD Business

Will be flying from Rome to Chicago in Business. Does anyone know if it will have the new lie flat bed? What to expect? Better seat comfort, food, and video selection than Aliatalia?
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
I would not even mention in the same sentence LX and that other airline operating from FCO...
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...
Originally Posted by jsc708
Will be flying from Rome to Chicago in Business. Does anyone know if it will have the new lie flat bed? What to expect? Better seat comfort, food, and video selection than Aliatalia?
I flew last year with LX to ORD. It's a day flight, so I didn't bother trying the bed I was happy with the overall service. But I have no experience with Alitalia, though.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
We flew the newly redone 330 (LX 8/9) and the seats were flat, and comfortable. I liked them (vs LH) but my wife thought they were a bit narrow, and confining. Food is good, as is the service. (Comparable to LH).

HOWEVER...the 330 is/was scheduled to change to a 340, and those have not (as far as I know) been refitted with the new seats. Check the planes on the dates for your flight to be sure.

I can't compare it to Alitalia, nor the new UA C class, since we have not booked those.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:32 am

Programs: If I donīt have it, I donīt need it!
What to expect? Better seat comfort, food, and video selection than Aliatalia?
LOL, that is really a good one LX is one of the finest and best airlines in the world, AZ is the total opposite. Thatīs the reason why LX is making profit and AZ not...
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
i am scheduled on ord-zrh on dec 15th and so far it is still an A330 reconfigured. I hope it stays that way.
LX does not operate the same way as TG so I keep my hopes up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.