Transit in Zurich

Old Nov 17, 09, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Elal Silver, AirCanada Aeroplan, AA AAdvantage, KLM Flying Blue, Continental OnePass, Delta Skymiles
Transit in Zurich

I will be flying into ZRH with Swiss from TLV and need to transfer to a Swiss flight to Malaga (AGP). I have 1h45m stopover. Will my suitcases make it all the way to AGP? What is the procedure for transit passengers at Zurich?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 09, 8:20 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by hnussbacher View Post
I will be flying into ZRH with Swiss from TLV and need to transfer to a Swiss flight to Malaga (AGP). I have 1h45m stopover. Will my suitcases make it all the way to AGP? What is the procedure for transit passengers at Zurich?
Your bags will be checked right through and you will collect them in AGP. After arriving in Zurich, you'll have to clear Schengen immigration before continuing to your onward flight, which will likely leave from the A gates. 1h45m is plenty of time.
Old Nov 17, 09, 8:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hnussbacher View Post

Thanks!
Yes - baggage will go all the way to AGP.

CH is now part of Schengen area - so passport control will take place in ZRH and ZRH-AGP will be a 'domestic' flight. Your flight will arrive at Terminal E, you will need to take a train to Terminal A/B - AGP will depart from Terminal A.
Old Nov 18, 09, 6:05 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
Yes - baggage will go all the way to AGP.

CH is now part of Schengen area - so passport control will take place in ZRH and ZRH-AGP will be a 'domestic' flight. Your flight will arrive at Terminal E, you will need to take a train to Terminal A/B - AGP will depart from Terminal A.
'domestic' yes, but what about customs? TLV, ZRH and AGP are all different by means of customs.
Old Nov 18, 09, 6:33 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
'domestic' yes, but what about customs? TLV, ZRH and AGP are all different by means of customs.
Customs will be handled in AGP when hnussbacher collects his luggage there. Swiss customs will not be involved unless he leaves the security area.
Old Nov 18, 09, 10:53 am

Programs: QF, UA, DL, AB
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
Your flight will arrive at Terminal E, you will need to take a train to Terminal A/B - AGP will depart from Terminal A.
If you are on LX 257 (arr. 8.55A), this is operated by an A320 during the winter season. The plane is likely to be parked on the apron and you'll be bussed to the terminal, in which case you will arrive at the non-Schengen B gates IIRC. From there you clear immigration and head to the A gates, where your AGP-bound flight will leave (all LX services to Schengen destinations leave from A gates; B gates serve LX non-Schengen services (LHR, IST, DME) as well as some non-LX Schengen services (e.g. AF, IB, AB)).

In the summer season LX 257 is operated by an A332 and arrives at the E gates, as TPJ said.

As an example, today's LX 257 was operated by HB-IJV and did not arrive at the E gates. The plane was turn around as LX 1830 to ATH and left from bus gate A02.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: