FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Transit in Zurich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1017803-transit-zurich.html)

hnussbacher Nov 17, 2009 4:50 am

Transit in Zurich

I will be flying into ZRH with Swiss from TLV and need to transfer to a Swiss flight to Malaga (AGP). I have 1h45m stopover. Will my suitcases make it all the way to AGP? What is the procedure for transit passengers at Zurich?

Thanks!

airoli Nov 17, 2009 8:20 am

Originally Posted by hnussbacher (Post 12832327)
I will be flying into ZRH with Swiss from TLV and need to transfer to a Swiss flight to Malaga (AGP). I have 1h45m stopover. Will my suitcases make it all the way to AGP? What is the procedure for transit passengers at Zurich?

Your bags will be checked right through and you will collect them in AGP. After arriving in Zurich, you'll have to clear Schengen immigration before continuing to your onward flight, which will likely leave from the A gates. 1h45m is plenty of time.

TPJ Nov 17, 2009 8:21 am

Originally Posted by hnussbacher (Post 12832327)

Thanks!

Yes - baggage will go all the way to AGP.

CH is now part of Schengen area - so passport control will take place in ZRH and ZRH-AGP will be a 'domestic' :D flight. Your flight will arrive at Terminal E, you will need to take a train to Terminal A/B - AGP will depart from Terminal A.

Hennessy Nov 18, 2009 6:05 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 12833276)
Yes - baggage will go all the way to AGP.

CH is now part of Schengen area - so passport control will take place in ZRH and ZRH-AGP will be a 'domestic' :D flight. Your flight will arrive at Terminal E, you will need to take a train to Terminal A/B - AGP will depart from Terminal A.

'domestic' yes, but what about customs? TLV, ZRH and AGP are all different by means of customs.

alex0683de Nov 18, 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Hennessy (Post 12839820)
'domestic' yes, but what about customs? TLV, ZRH and AGP are all different by means of customs.

Customs will be handled in AGP when hnussbacher collects his luggage there. Swiss customs will not be involved unless he leaves the security area.

SwissexLUG Nov 18, 2009 10:53 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 12833276)
Your flight will arrive at Terminal E, you will need to take a train to Terminal A/B - AGP will depart from Terminal A.

If you are on LX 257 (arr. 8.55A), this is operated by an A320 during the winter season. The plane is likely to be parked on the apron and you'll be bussed to the terminal, in which case you will arrive at the non-Schengen B gates IIRC. From there you clear immigration and head to the A gates, where your AGP-bound flight will leave (all LX services to Schengen destinations leave from A gates; B gates serve LX non-Schengen services (LHR, IST, DME) as well as some non-LX Schengen services (e.g. AF, IB, AB)).

In the summer season LX 257 is operated by an A332 and arrives at the E gates, as TPJ said.

As an example, today's LX 257 was operated by HB-IJV and did not arrive at the E gates. The plane was turn around as LX 1830 to ATH and left from bus gate A02.