Bellevue Lounge (ZRH E) closed till 2 Dec 09

Old Nov 10, 09, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
Bellevue Lounge (ZRH E) closed till 2 Dec 09

From the latest Priority Pass update, it seems that the Bellevue lounge in Terminal E is closed for refurbishment and will reopen as the Panorama Lounge on 2 December.

Alternative arrangements are made to give access to PP customers 'at the lounge next door' - not sure which lounge this is - until 31 Nov.

On 1 Dec only, no lounge access but a 10 CHF voucher.

Anyone have any news on the refurbishment? I've always found the Bellevue to be a very pleasant lounge. One of the better in the PP scheme. It would be a shame if it's 'enhanced'.
Old Nov 10, 09, 7:14 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
The "lounge next door" would likely be the Emirates lounge. It's the only other one around AFAIK.
Old Nov 12, 09, 3:31 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
The "lounge next door" would likely be the Emirates lounge. It's the only other one around AFAIK.
AirOli, do you have more news on the closure of the Bellevue lounge?
Old Nov 12, 09, 6:02 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Dismal transfer experience

I was transferring there yesterday from a Schengen-arrival to a non-Schengen departure in Business Class. I went straight to the E-gates since I did not have a ton of time. However, they've now partioned the E-gates into two parts. The two banks of escalators are now clearly marked with which gates they serve. My flight was in the 20's gates and the Bellevue lounge is on the other area of the E-gates. So, there no possibility of lounge access if you're departing from the 20's gates...
Old Nov 12, 09, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Braniff View Post
I was transferring there yesterday from a Schengen-arrival to a non-Schengen departure in Business Class. I went straight to the E-gates since I did not have a ton of time. However, they've now partioned the E-gates into two parts. The two banks of escalators are now clearly marked with which gates they serve. My flight was in the 20's gates and the Bellevue lounge is on the other area of the E-gates. So, there no possibility of lounge access if you're departing from the 20's gates...
If you arrive in the Schengen part (which is Non-E gate, so you take the train anyway) you can use the Swiss Business/FTL lounge in the main building with your PP.
Old Nov 12, 09, 6:52 am

I went straight to the E-gates since I did not have a ton of time. However, they've now partioned the E-gates into two parts. The two banks of escalators are now clearly marked with which gates they serve. My flight was in the 20's gates and the Bellevue lounge is on the other area of the E-gates.
Ahem, wasn't that how it has been for the last few years already?
Old Nov 12, 09, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
AirOli, do you have more news on the closure of the Bellevue lounge?
Unfortunately not. In fact, I wasn't even aware of it until somebody here had mentioned it. It seems that living overseas has removed me a bit from the newsfeed...
Old Nov 12, 09, 7:07 am

Ahem, wasn't that how it has been for the last few years already?
They haven't been in Schengen for "the last few years already."

I'm not a frequent traveller there... It's not the ideal lounge arrangement - surely there should be some decent lounges in the non-Schengen part. It's particularly baffling that they keep the First lounge in the Schengen area.

Perhaps more experienced users of this airport know that they can stay in the Schengen lounges until very close to flight time and always trust efficient passport and security. I didn't...
Old Nov 12, 09, 12:46 pm

They haven't been in Schengen for "the last few years already."
No, but the terminal has been split in two (US- vs. non US-departures) for a few years already, with the lounges being in the non US section.

In fact, since joining Schengen all the E gates are part of the non-Schengen zone, so in fact the Bellevue and Emirates lounges are part of the non-Schengen lounge offering. As is the LX non-Schengen lounge (former *A/LH lounge) near the B gates.
Old Nov 12, 09, 5:42 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by mad_rich View Post
From the latest Priority Pass update, it seems that the Bellevue lounge in Terminal E is closed for refurbishment and will reopen as the Panorama Lounge on 2 December.
I used the Bellevue, under the Diner's Club program, on my last two trips through ZRH. Does anyone know if the new lounge will also have access for DC holders? (I'm not going through ZRH until next year, so not worried about the current temporary closure.)

I've just been over to the Diner's Club forum and there's a thread about how confusing and inconsistent lounge access is with DC. Any advice welcome.
Old Nov 12, 09, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by mad_rich View Post
Alternative arrangements are made to give access to PP customers 'at the lounge next door' - not sure which lounge this is - until 31 Nov.
Originally Posted by RadioGirl View Post
Does anyone know if the new lounge will also have access for DC holders?
The information on the DC website definitely suggests that the access for DC holders will be unchanged - see www.dinersclub.ch/#en/news/news-articles/article/renovation-und-rebranding-der-bellevue-lounge/8.html :

Provisional Lounge during Renovation:

During the renovation an alternative is offered in the former Veranda restaurant. The location is next to the Bellevue Lounge. The provisional lounge will be equipped with the same facilities.

Panorama Lounge:

The new lounge set-up will have a modern design with more tranquillity and comfort for your guests. The food and beverage concept has been increased in the past few months to include continental breakfast in the morning, hot food during lunch and dinner and finger food in the remaining time.
Old Nov 13, 09, 5:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
No, but the terminal has been split in two (US- vs. non US-departures) for a few years already, with the lounges being in the non US section.

In fact, since joining Schengen all the E gates are part of the non-Schengen zone, so in fact the Bellevue and Emirates lounges are part of the non-Schengen lounge offering.
If you are departing from one of the US gates (20s) is/was it possible to visit the Bellevue/Emirates lounge and return to the US-departure side if there's enough time?
Old Nov 13, 09, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
If you are departing from one of the US gates (20s) is/was it possible to visit the Bellevue/Emirates lounge and return to the US-departure side if there's enough time?
Yes, that is still possible but involves going through security twice. As for the Emirates lounge, I don't think that their access policy lets you use it unless you depart on EK - in which case you're in the "right" section of the E gates anyway.
Old Nov 14, 09, 9:00 am

Yes, that is still possible but involves going through security twice. As for the Emirates lounge, I don't think that their access policy lets you use it unless you depart on EK - in which case you're in the "right" section of the E gates anyway.

So, in short: If you have a choice avoid flying through ZUR to the U.S.
Old Nov 14, 09, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G ELPL, KL P ELPL, was AB G, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D, SPG P
I have used the temporary lounge in the location of the former Veranda restaurant. It is nice and provides all facilities - of course except for the fireplace ... The food offerings are the same as in the Bellevue lounge and staff is also the same. Seating is slightly more dense, but not an issue. So basically, the lounge is the same as Bellevue.

On the other issue discussed here, the separated US gates, I'm increasingly worried about this. Most other airports have long stopped separate arrangements, they do the shoe screeing on a random basis at normal checkpoints (e.g. LHR, DUS, MUC). Now I don't know why ZRH insists on a separate part of the terminal for the shoe screening exercise.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: