Wiki Posts
Search

LX139 HKG-ZRH Peninsula Hong Kong Catering in C & F

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
LX139 HKG-ZRH Peninsula Hong Kong Catering in C & F

Just found the following on LX website and since I am about to be on that flight end of NOV I would like to ask people here if anybody was on that flight recently and tried the Peninsula Catering?
Talking about food, I wonder if this might be another reason to burn some e-vouchers and upgrade to F.

Thanks for your appreciated input.

Rendez-vous with the Peninsula Hong Kong
The world famous five-star hotel in Hong Kong truly pampers your palate thanks to its Swiss head chef Florian Trento and his exquisite menus. The menu selection alters every three months, ensuring a constant flow of culinary surprises!

Together, the Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel and SWISS have been setting ultra-high standards in terms of innovation, quality and hospitality for two years now. The exclusive on-board menu combines traditional dishes from the Peninsula with our distinctive Swissness, characterised by exciting, seasonally varying culinary creations.

Available on flights in SWISS First and Business from Hong Kong to Zurich.

Last edited by f4freeJunior; Nov 30, 2009 at 1:02 pm
Old Oct 18, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Is this a new thing? What a great addition it is, as they are already using The Wing which is also catered by The Pen. Thumbs up to LX ^
Old Oct 19, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
I was on LX139 a week ago in C.

Some meals were prepared by Florian Trento (The Pensinsula)

I like them. I had roast fillet of beef with herb crust - superb for a plane (the flight was on time)
I can't tell you nothing about F

taigatrommel
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:58 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Keeping with the tradition of airline food, this idea is just a re-heated one.
Swissair used to do that loooooooong looooong time ago.
It wasn't only their reservation office which was at the Pen.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard
Keeping with the tradition of airline food, this idea is just a re-heated one.
Swissair used to do that loooooooong looooong time ago.
It wasn't only their reservation office which was at the Pen.
But sometimes it's already a plus, if an 'old' idea just keeps alive or is coming back

taigatrommel
Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:31 am

@taigatrommel
^
Old Oct 23, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
A week ago I had the pleasure of having lunch in one of the resturants of the HKG Peninsula, which was an amazing experience and the food and the presentation there was great.

Later in the night I flew on LX First class back to ZRH and I got surprised to find some of the Peninsula food and service elements were implemented successfully on the flight. Good work LX ^
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by LH/LX
A week ago I had the pleasure of having lunch in one of the resturants of the HKG Peninsula, which was an amazing experience and the food and the presentation there was great.

Later in the night I flew on LX First class back to ZRH and I got surprised to find some of the Peninsula food and service elements were implemented successfully on the flight. Good work LX ^
I hope LX will introduce a partnership with a Luxury Restaurant from all outbound locations. All inbound flights to Switzerland that don't have that offer quite low quality catering both in C and F.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX HON Circle
I am back from HKG and posted the F menu (with pictures) in the new menu thread. Here's the link: First Class catering ex HKG. Enjoy your meal .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.