Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated Security Screening in Geneva (GVA)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Can anyone advise what is the situation today at GVA with regards to fast track security? Do they have a separate line for LX FCL/HON like in ZRH or may be at least for C and Star G?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Can anyone advise what is the situation today at GVA with regards to fast track security? Do they have a separate line for LX FCL/HON like in ZRH or may be at least for C and Star G?
GVA has a single type of priority lane, both in the Swiss and French sector. FTL and above + C class passengers and above have access to such line.

However, in the Swiss sector, if the main non priority security is not crowded, I tend to choose it to access the scanners at the extreme right, as they do not require the removal of computers out of bags.
HKG1111 and vantage03 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
FTL has access to the priority line at GVA security ?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:53 am

It was at least the case when I had FTL status a couple of years ago.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: LX Sen, EK Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Sirius Gold, BA Gold
I confirm this is the case, no worries. If the regular queues are short and the scanning with the new machines (far right side of security) are operating than this is a better option as you don't need to empty your bags etc.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:06 am

The greatest benefit of the priority lane in GVA is upon departure on busy weekends from the French sector. I skipped an horrendous line a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
FTL has access to the priority line at GVA security ?
Yes you do if you have a boarding pass for LH or LH. But not for Eurowings.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Wow happy to have learned something today, thanks! I like the track all the way to the right but with holidays coming, fast track might be useful, surprised this info is nowhere online.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:45 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
Wow happy to have learned something today, thanks! I like the track all the way to the right but with holidays coming, fast track might be useful, surprised this info is nowhere online.
You can find all the info on each airline granting priority lane access here https://www.gva.ch/en/Site/Passagers...nies-aeriennes by clicking on more details.
It's always good to check with the airline as well, you never know how up-to-date the airport info are.

Even EasyJet gets you Priority Lane access if you have EasyJetPlus for example.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:28 am

https://www.gva.ch/en/Site/Passagers...onal-air-lines

except that FTLs are not listed as having access to the so-called priority lane, but they do have access.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, I was surprised when it actually worked. I just tentais la chance, to see if it would work, and it did. Makes sense, because you get it in Zurich.
enelym1978 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.