Reload this Page >

Add S&S forums to the top of screen

Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

Currently the Support&Services forums listing is found in the "Help" section on the top of FT's screen. I feel it is not highlighted properly and it should also be listed where the main forums are found. Please consider placing it to the right of the "Destinations" forums that is found on the top of the screem where all of the main forum categories are listed.
mark48 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
There's an incredibly small amount of traffic in these forums.

Since there aren't posts from other forums that are constantly being moved here, it doesn't seem like there's a problem with other people posting things in the wrong area because they couldn't find these forums. So it's not causing extra work for mods to get content in the correct forum.

So based on these two factors, there doesn't seem to be a need for any changes. Why do you feel that it's important?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
There's an incredibly small amount of traffic in these forums.
One can make a strong argument that the lack of activity is due to the current location of these forums. I am a long time member and also a moderator that is used to moving threads and it wasn't readily apparent to me. Put yourself in the shoes of a newbie and ask yourself how easy it is to find?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
It is certainly easier to find than the air carrier/hotel-specific forums. Those forums are buried, yet get significantly more traffic.

Yes, looking at it through noob glasses, it does seem pretty easy to find.

I don't think you can make a very strong argument that the lack of traffic here is due to its position in the forums, but I'd love to see you try

MilesBuzz seems to have a problem with a lot of random stuff getting dropped in there. Most of that seems to belong in the credit card forums. Even as a long time follower of the forum, I would be confused where some related topics do/do not belong. I don't see people in there asking support-related questions.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
It is certainly easier to find than the air carrier/hotel-specific forums. Those forums are buried, yet get significantly more traffic.
How can you say that? All you have to do is click on the "Miles & Points" link on the top of the home page, I would hardly call them buried as evidenced by the massive number of posts on the airline and hotel boards!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.