Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merged Threads

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Merged Threads

I wasn't sure where to put this, so please move if it needs to go somewhere else.

I understand the purpose of merging similar threads to limit the number of posts that are similar, but at what point do you not merge threads? Once a thread has 10-15 pages it begins to become very cumbersome and outdated, especially if the topic was began several years ago.

At what point do you kill the original thread and let a newer one begin?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:21 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'll close this and invite the Community Director to weigh in on this if she wishes, since merging threads is primarily a moderator decision and responses will have to discuss moderator actions -- which folks are asked not to do.

So, I'll call the Community Director's attention to this for however she might wish to handle.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.