Wiki Posts
Search

Can we have rating system for trading partners

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Can we have rating system for trading partners

I wonder if it is possible to have a rating system for trading partners on CouponConnection, something similar to Ebay or Amazon.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:20 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
First of all, if there are any relative newbies that are reading this thread and wondering "What/Where is Coupon Connection", it is only available to members with 180 posts and 180 days of membership to FT.

Back on topic... I don't think a rating system is necessary, a trade is either made good by both parties or it's not. Pass/Fail should be the only two options.

If you have a trade that went bad, you should send a PM to wharvey or Spiff (the CC mods) with the details, or follow the procedures in the CC Terms of Service.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by travelmi
I wonder if it is possible to have a rating system for trading partners on CouponConnection, something similar to Ebay or Amazon.
FWIW, both eBay and Amazon are "market places", while our CC isn't.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by lin821
Exactly. Members should only be occasionally trading or gifting items. If anyone is trading so often that their "ratings" would become consequential, then it's time for them to take a vacation from Coupon Connection. @:-)
Old Dec 10, 2011, 6:16 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
And we have ways of helping with that....

Originally Posted by Spiff
Exactly. Members should only be occasionally trading or gifting items. If anyone is trading so often that their "ratings" would become consequential, then it's time for them to take a vacation from Coupon Connection. @:-)
Old Dec 22, 2011, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
The biggest illusion on FT What is wrong with the community aspect of trusted members trading with each other, trade instruments of the core value of FT, miles and points.

Originally Posted by Spiff
Exactly. Members should only be occasionally ...........gifting items.
This must be the most stupid rule ever. A member wanting to weekly give away certs, free nights, coupons etc (as his business generates way too much)- he will be masked?????

Something is wrong. Where? The mentality of two of the quoted members here seems to me the root of the problem.

Disclaimer: For regular members its impossible to know when a poster (as everyone is first and foremost) is just a poster, or conveniently wear another hat like mod or TB member/pres etc.

Originally Posted by wharvey
And we have ways of helping with that....
Sounds like a threat to me

CC is to me the worst hipocrisy of FT, and I urge TB to develop clear TOS.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:02 am

I will speak as a MODERATOR, to make it clear.

We have no problem with members trading with each other, that was the nexus behind Randy creating Coupon Connection. HOWEVER, CC was never intended to be a marketplace.... that is not CORE to FT.

If a member wants to start a thread... and update it with ongoing giveaways they are fine... however, we do not want them acting as brokers. We have had to take actions against many who use CC as a marketplace to advance their broker businesses.

We are very protective of our CC community.... and the members there also take care of each other.

When you consider that most individuals do not want their "trades" too visible, to put in a rating system where people would need to detail their interactions would seem to be counter to that privacy concern.

Sorry you felt threatened. You may want to reread the post... AND the emoticon.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by travelkid
The biggest illusion on FT What is wrong with the community aspect of trusted members trading with each other, trade instruments of the core value of FT, miles and points. <snip>

Something is wrong. Where? The mentality of two of the quoted members here seems to me the root of the problem.
I am the root of the problem (since you quoted my post)?

What people do on both Amazon and eBay are selling and buying with money. That's a market place.

Cash transactions are not allowed in our CC, in case you don't know.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:28 am
Suspended

If a member wants to start a thread... and update it with ongoing giveaways they are fine...
Thanks, thats a clear development from Spiffs statement^

... however, we do not want them acting as brokers. We have had to take actions against many who use CC as a marketplace to advance their broker businesses.
Fully agreed. Lets keep this a friendly FT spirited place. Brokering also comes with several risks and downsides.

When you consider that most individuals do not want their "trades" too visible, to put in a rating system where people would need to detail their interactions would seem to be counter to that privacy concern.
A very good point.

Sorry you felt threatened. You may want to reread the post... AND the emoticon.
And you may want to reread mine I didnt say I felt threatened, but that it sounded like a threat. Not sure what else could be the point with the post, than being a reminder of disciplinary actions.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelkid
The mentality of two of the quoted members here seems to me the root of the problem.
I am the root of the problem (since you quoted my post)?

What people do on both Amazon and eBay are selling and buying with money. That's a market place.

Cash transactions are not allowed in our CC, in case you don't know.
I quoted 3 posters. I said 2 of them, and meant the two others.

Im of course fully aware of the no cash rule. But the mother of all markets is the natural trade. Goods vs goods. Market in its purest form. Most items traded also have a rather clear cash value, lots of it is even named x dollar certs etc. Lets not ostrich that fact.

I enjoyed CC fully during the huge US grand slam promo. Posters helping each others out to max number of hits. I would say that is truly FT spirit.

Problem is that Im reluctant to help others, under the constant fear of being disciplined- for living in CC etc. Doesnt make it easier when noone are able/willing to explain further what this part of CC TOS really means.

Its a frustrating benefit
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:36 am

Why frustrating? If you use CC as it is intentioned and detailed in the CC TOS, you have NOTHING to worry about.

If you are a full contributing member to all of Flyertalk... then you have nothing to worry about for "living" in Coupon Connection.

But, come on, when someone gains access to Coupon Connection... and then suddennly stops participating on FT except for CC, that is pretty obvious. Someone initiates 20 trades in a year, that is obvious. You will never see us provide the specific metrics we use, because people will find a way to barely stay on the right side of them. As always, when people disagree with our decisions, they can take it up with the Community Director, who happenned to be a Coupon Connection moderator on day herself!

CC is a very close knit community... and we do what we can to ensure the "safety" of our members. Spiff and I have had to get in the middle of some pretty nasty situations between members.... and broker behaviors have actually caused action by certain travel programs against members. Yes, everyone needs to be careful... but we cannot cover everything.

Finally, I am not aware of one situation where we have disciplined a CC member for helping other members within our CC guidelines. The problem is, many do not read the stickies at the top of the forum... especially the CC TOS.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 8:16 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'll give wharvey the last word here as a CC moderator, and since the op's question has been asked and answered. Thanks.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.