Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > The Suggestion Box
Reload this Page >

Suggestion: TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go forum UPDATE: new forum has been created

Suggestion: TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go forum UPDATE: new forum has been created

Old Jul 14, 19, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy

Dear FT community,

I want to give the idea of opening a seperate forum for TAP Portugal Airlines / TAP Miles&Go as the Other European Airlines is full with TAP queries and if I'm not wrong, it's the airline most discussed in the common forum for European carriers.

Another idea would be to integrate a sub-forum in the Other European Airlines forum ( similar to the Swiss forum inside the Miles&More thread ).

Best,

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 15, 19 at 9:57 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A quick glance reveals about 25% of the threads in the Other European Airlines forum are about TP / TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go. Extracting and updating from TAP, Wikipedia and other sources:

TAP Air Portugal is the flag carrier airline of Portugal, headquartered at Lisbon Airport which also serves as its hub. TAP – Transportes Aéreos Portugueses – has been a member of the Star Alliance since 2005 and operates on average 2,500 flights a week to over 80 destinations in over 30 countries in Europe, Africa, North and South America with a fleet of over 90 aircraft. Some domestic, European and African destinations are operated by TAP Express. TAP Air Portugal is the leading European airline flying to Brazil.

TAP is the first airline to operate the new A330-900neo, which are replacing their A330-300 and A340 aircraft. TAP is retrofitting the A330-200 to new, all aisle, lie flat Business cabins and new 31” and 34” seating in Economy class. A321LR, A321-200neo and A320-200neo are replacing legacy versions of those aircraft.

Current widebody fleet:

Airbus A330-200 13
Airbus A330-300 2
Airbus A330-900neo 10 (11 more on order - link to press release)
A340-300 4

By the end of 2019:

Airbus A330-200 8 (retrofitted)
Airbus A330-900neo ~15 (6 on order)

In North America TAP Air Portugal currently serves :

Boston - BOS
Chicago - ORD
Miami - MIA
Newark - EWR
New-York - JFK
San Francisco - SFO
Toronto - YYZ
Washington - IAD
ISTFlyer and obscure2k like this.
Old Jul 16, 19, 9:12 am
Community Director

I am intrigued by the suggestion. OP, can you put up a notice in the forum with the TAP threads with a link to this thread? I'd like to see what interest there is in this.

Carol/SanDiego1K
Community Director
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
The link for Other European Airlines where the TAP Portugal Airlines and it's mileage program is discussed:

And screenshots of that page where threads related to TAP are indicated with red boxes.

nancypants likes this.
Old Jul 16, 19, 12:49 pm
Community Director

I've now added a request for readers of that forum to contribute to this thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...l#post31310278
Old Jul 16, 19, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
The link for Other European Airlines where the TAP Portugal Airlines and it's mileage program is discussed:

And screenshots of that page where threads related to TAP are indicated with red boxes.
Here’s a page screen print with more posts (my default is set to 40 posts per page). That’s a lot of TAP there.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 17, 19, 1:51 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Should've been done a long time ago! FT would get a lot more... posting from Portuguese readers
TWA884 and tff like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 17, 19 at 10:34 am Reason: Edited to comply with rules
Old Jul 17, 19, 7:42 am

Programs: FB:Gold, Le Club Accor Hotels:Gold
I agree!
Old Jul 17, 19, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I would welcome the creation of a TAP forum.
Old Jul 17, 19, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
It’s a great idea. It seems like everyone other post in the “Other European Airlines” is related to TAP.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD
I'd like to see a separate forum now that TAP has a good transatlantic business product.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 12:50 pm
Community Director

Thank you to those who advocated for this forum. It seemed obvious once examined that it makes sense for FlyerTalk to have a forum to discuss this strong Star Alliance partner. You will find the forum here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tap-...-miles-go-767/

jdiver will be the moderator and will be setting up some resource threads. Please give the new forum your support.

Carol
obscure2k and skiesrider like this.

Search this Thread