FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Suggestion Box (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/suggestion-box-756/)
-   -   Can Someone Please Alphabetize The Hotel Forum? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/suggestion-box/1900935-can-someone-please-alphabetize-hotel-forum.html)

UpgradeMe Mar 27, 2018 10:52 am

Can Someone Please Alphabetize The Hotel Forum?

Radisson goes before Ritz.

Thank you.

SkiAdcock Mar 27, 2018 11:24 am

Think it''s that way because the Ritz was a sub-forum under Marriott (Marriott owns Ritz) & then IB decided to make the Ritz its own forum, but probably kept it next to Marriott because of the Marriott ownership.

UpgradeMe Mar 27, 2018 6:02 pm

This may explain it. But it's annoying nonetheless.

JDiver Mar 28, 2018 6:37 am

Moved to the Suggestion Box forum for purview purposes.

JDiver, Co-Moderator

IBobi Mar 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 29573201)
Think it''s that way because the Ritz was a sub-forum under Marriott (Marriott owns Ritz) & then IB decided to make the Ritz its own forum, but probably kept it next to Marriott because of the Marriott ownership.

Correct

SanDiego1K Mar 29, 2018 11:58 am

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe (Post 29574595)
This may explain it. But it's annoying nonetheless.

I agree. It became an issue when Club Carlson was renamed Radisson just a short time ago. I find it jolting, too, and I'm the one who ordered the forums. But I don't think there is an alternative solution that is good, given the relationship between Ritz and Marriott.

UpgradeMe Mar 29, 2018 3:18 pm

Thank you all. I'll manage somehow.

MSPeconomist Apr 3, 2018 3:26 pm

Isn't Ritz still a subforum within the Marriott forum?

tcook052 Apr 4, 2018 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29599050)

Yes as was mentioned in post #2

mia Apr 9, 2018 7:02 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 29599050)

No, Ritz Carlton is now displayed as a separate forum on the same level, rather than as a sub-forum within Marriott.

SkiAdcock Apr 14, 2018 9:24 pm

IB decided to make Ritz its own forum.. Prior to that it was a sub-forum under Marriott. But probably because it was a sub-forum kept it under Marriott vs. moving it in alpha order.

Cheers.

Mwenenzi Apr 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 29641404)
IB decided to make Ritz its own forum.. Prior to that it was a sub-forum under Marriott. But probably because it was a sub-forum kept it under Marriott vs. moving it in alpha order..

Sub forums were indented. With the recent software downgrade the indenting has gone. Same with other forums that had subforums. Would not hold much hope for it to be put back to what is was.