Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > The Suggestion Box
Reload this Page >

Suggestion: Close External Miles and Points Resources

Old Nov 11, 17, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I made this suggestion when I served on TalkBoard and I'm going to make it again. The forum attracts people who come to criticize bloggers. The same six comments from the same twelve posters are repeated over and over again. There are rampant personal attacks, both on other posters and on the bloggers. I don't see the value added to this website from such a forum.
Old Nov 11, 17, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I made this suggestion when I served on TalkBoard and I'm going to make it again. The forum attracts people who come to criticize bloggers. The same six comments from the same twelve posters are repeated over and over again. There are rampant personal attacks, both on other posters and on the bloggers. I don't see the value added to this website from such a forum.
While I think the forum does have some of the issues you raise, I also think that discussing miles/points bloggers should have an open home on FT and that the blogs shouldn’t be beyond being criticized or otherwise discussed.

Getting rid of a forum isn’t the only way to try to kill a forum or dynamics in it with which some may take issue and want to see disappeared. Case in point: how FT’s historically normal travel safety/security forum discussions have been targeted.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.

Search this Thread