Wiki Posts
Search

Moving 'Trip Reports' to the main menu bar

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Moving 'Trip Reports' to the main menu bar

I suggest moving the link to the 'Trip Reports' section to the main menu bar.

This is one of the most popular sections on FT and deserves a direct link rather than having to navigate through 'Community'

Many of our valued members put so much effort in to reporting on their travel adventures, giving us all insight and inspiration through their words and photographs.

This forum needs and deserves a higher profile.

Regards

noniron
essxjay, kellio33 and krazykanuck like this.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I second this. I'm familiar enough with the navigation to easily get to Trip Reports but I think featuring them in a more prominent location with a direct link is a great idea.

It's hard work (I know from attempting to put a couple together - no idea how some of our members consistently put together so many high quality reports) and those that continue to put their time and effort into their trip reports deserve the higher profile
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

talking about new version of website?

old version is direct link, and community etc are 'open'
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I agree. "Community" is way too OMNI a section and term. It really hides these reports.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hides?

remember MyFlyerTalk Options >
Disable Trending Threads on Forum Homepage
Never go to Mobile Skin
Disable Desktop Infinite Scroll

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 30, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Or subscribe to the forum.
Go to Trip Reports.
Select Forum Tools and Subscribe to This Forum from the dropdown menu.
On the next screen select Notification Type and Add Subscription.

Select MyFlyerTalk (in the dark blue bar and top right of the page) to go to your own subscribed forum list. You can also subscribe to individual threads.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by noniron

This is one of the most popular sections on FT and deserves a direct link rather than having to navigate through 'Community'

Many of our valued members put so much effort in to reporting on their travel adventures, giving us all insight and inspiration through their words and photographs.

Well argued. I'll second the motion.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Or subscribe to the forum.
Go to Trip Reports.
Select Forum Tools and Subscribe to This Forum from the dropdown menu.
On the next screen select Notification Type and Add Subscription.

Select MyFlyerTalk (in the dark blue bar and top right of the page) to go to your own subscribed forum list. You can also subscribe to individual threads.
This is my go-to for using Flyertalk. I just use, "my Flyertalk," and subscribe to the forums and threads that interest me. If I'm planning a trip to a particular destination, I may subscribe to that regional forum, then unsubscribe afterwards. If there are particular threads that interest me, I'll subscribe to those as well.

This is my link to MyFlyertalk, I think it should work for anyone:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:25 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by noniron

Your idea has merit but I don't see an easy way to implement it. We have the five major forum categories listed across the top of the menu bar to the right of the "JUMP TO FORUMS" designation. Six years ago when I brought the Destination section of FlyerTalk up to that level, the designer had quite a challenge fitting in the text. There simply isn't room to add TRIP REPORTS.

I am one of those who faithfully use MY FLYERTALK. I've subscribed to the specific forums I want to be sure to read. I add to it and take away from it as my travel interests evolve. I'm subscribed to TRIP REPORTS and can quickly access it from there.

Carol
Community Director

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.