Proposal: Combine IAG airlines into a single board with subforums

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Combine IAG airlines into a single board with subforums

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
I think the OP's suggestion is a good one.

I would support a parent IAG/General Avios forum with sub-fora for IAG member airlines.

A lot of announcements are now made at an IAG level, rather than by operating airlines. For example all aircraft orders, and the recent decision to roll out WiFi on short-haul and long-haul aircraft. There's also a lot of new thinking about how to deploy its fleet across individual airlines.

IAG is also expected to launch its first new airline in 2017. IAG has also made it clear that planning for R3 at LHR will be done by IAG, not individual airlines.

So there's a lot of IAG wide strategic issues to discuss. As well as recurrent material such as the annual Capital Markets Day.

I think bring individual airline forums together may help drive traffic to the smaller airline forums. Given the proximity of DUB to LHR and many overlapping long-haul routes ex-DUB, a lot of BA forum participants are likely to have an interest in goings on at EI.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
While we're at it, I know the mods have a tough job but part of the problem with the BA forum is that it has turned into a general UK and Oneworld travel forum. On the first couple of pages at time of writing we have gems regarding: "fog or weather issues", "US Global Entry", "best strategy to be available at birth", "rounds of applause on landing", "what would you do?, "drone in carry on", "Marhaba at DXB" etc. None of which have much if anything to do with BA Executive Club, but a lot to do with it being a popular forum likely to receive web traffic.

Perhaps the OP's idea has some legs if we can add an additional sub-forum for all the OT threads that have only the most tenuous of links to an actual IAG airline or frequent flyer programme.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The BAEC forum is one of the top 3 forums on FT. Mucking around with the structure of it would probably not be in the interest of IB/FT, who earn their profits with pageviews...@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.