Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > The Suggestion Box
Reload this Page >

Change "Hotels & Loyalty Programs" name? [Now changed to "Hotels & Places to Stay"]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change "Hotels & Loyalty Programs" name? [Now changed to "Hotels & Places to Stay"]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

I plan to move on this within the next few days. The current front runner:

Hotels and Places to Stay

I think it succinctly captures what should reside in the forum and is well understood amongst our worldwide community.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:57 am

Action has now been taken on this suggestion.

The group heading: Hotels and Places to Stay.

Added to this section:
  • Expert Hotel Reviews
  • Hotel Deals

Thanks to all for your thoughts on this matter.

Carol
Community Director
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Looks great, and appreciate the additional description below the main forum title. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Action has now been taken on this suggestion.

The group heading: Hotels and Places to Stay.

Added to this section:
  • Expert Hotel Reviews
  • Hotel Deals

Thanks to all for your thoughts on this matter.

Carol
Community Director
Will the Luxury Hotels forum be moved too?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Will the Luxury Hotels forum be moved too?
No.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I plan to move on this within the next few days. The current front runner:

Hotels and Places to Stay

I think it succinctly captures what should reside in the forum and is well understood amongst our worldwide community.
I think that is an excellent solution. I have no problem with hotels' loyalty programs being discussed in this forum as it is one of the factors which some members use in deciding where to stay. Indeed, for a few members it might be the only factor.

However, for an increasing number of us the devaluation of loyalty programs has encouraged us to place more emphasis on other factors -- including location, price, room quality, etc.

I am HHonors Gold -- but only because I am too lazy to cancel my Surpass card. In the past year, I have made trips to five different European countries, each for a week. In only one of these cases did I stay at a Hilton property. I chose it because it offered smoking rooms, had a good location, was an excellent hotel, and because while it is quite expensive in dollar terms it was offering award stays at very low rates and I had enough points to cover it.

Give me what I want and I will stay there -- be it a hotel or any other type of lodging. If I can get HHonors points, that is just icing on the cake but the 3 Cs (Cost, Comfort, and Convenience) will always be the main things I am looking at.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I didn't notice the new forum title until last week when I went searching for my favorite haunt, the Hotel Deals Forum.

I would like to suggest the word Accommodation(s) in place of Places to Stay if a time for change should present itself again in the future. Hotels & Accommodation(s) rolls off the tongue a little easier.

And I will start a thread for members to discuss the Hotel Deals thread being moved from Miles & Points, so that it doesn't clog our General Codes thread. I hope that's okay. If it is a topic not open for discussion, I understand if it needs to be locked or deleted.

Thank you.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by boxo
I would like to suggest the word Accommodation(s) in place of Places to Stay if a time for change should present itself again in the future. Hotels & Accommodation(s) rolls off the tongue a little easier.
Appreciate it. It was certainly a front runner as I dithered over half a dozen or so choices.

And I will start a thread for members to discuss the Hotel Deals thread being moved from Miles & Points, so that it doesn't clog our General Codes thread. I hope that's okay. If it is a topic not open for discussion, I understand if it needs to be locked or deleted.
Sounds like a good idea. I try to inform inform inform but sometimes I stop short of sufficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.