Reload this Page >

Unnecessary Clicks

Unnecessary Clicks

Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:19 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Unnecessary Clicks

I'm repeating what I mentioned in "Talkboard Topics" only because this is a new forum (ergo, users might be more curious to see what's in here...or, did I just self-troll with the thread title?)

When accessing the Africa or Middle East Destination fora, instead of having to click twice from the forum index page, why can't we just click once?

I emphasize the nuisance that this causes while traveling in such places as China (dubious internet speeds/censors), and when using internet cafes/computer terminals in airline lounges (unpredictable speeds/ads a-plenty).

-BmB
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:31 am
Community Director Emerita

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry about the aggravation. It's always a challenge to balance the pluses and minuses as they impact members differently. In 2011, I initially set up the destination forum as you prefer. But I had an outcry from members who didn't perceive the continents as being given equal footing. Look at the Destination page to see what I mean. Each continent is in blue and is a non active link. Each active forum is in white below. There are four sections of the world where there is only one subforum. If I took away the blue heading (the non active link), it is not quickly visually obvious as to where the continents are.

Words are failing me to attempt to give a good word picture but I hope I've stumbled far enough along that you take my meaning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.