Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Whister Resort & Spa, Whister BC pre 2006 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Whister Resort & Spa, Whister BC pre 2006 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2002, 2:24 pm

Has anyone used the $99 rate? How is that booked?
Old Sep 4, 2002, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
I've used it. It must be booked by telephone directly with the hotel, not central reservations. Just tell them that you understand that they have a BC residents' rate.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 8:08 pm

Westin Whistler trip report

Thanks for all the advice from all the FTers here and at Air Canada. We had a great time for Christmas in Whistler. We didn't think we'd be upgraded since it was during Christmas, so we weren't very disappointed with the junior suite, but it was one of the especially smaller suites. We loved the easy access to the slopes right outside the door and the 6 feet of snow we got when we arrived was incredible. It was a winter wonderland to be sure. The restaurants, Araxi, Hy's, etc... were as good as everyone mentioned, and we didn't find the prices very steep considering what we ordered. We were told about the resort fee as soon as we arrived, and while it wasn't a very "welcoming" kind of thing to hear for the first thing, I saw the value in some of the fee- ski valet, unlimited local and 800 calls, shuttle throughout the village (except it was never available), and gym use were some things I could use. I guess I thought some of the things were included as Platinum anyhow, so I didn't quibble over it, but I definitely liked the ski valet since I'm petite and don't like lugging equipment around. A couple issues were cleared up pretty quickly, but most of all it is a perfect location for a winter holiday.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 9:03 pm

how much was the resort fee?

and do you mind my asking the room rate? I'm considering a trip myself.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 2:57 am

Programs: CX MPC Silver, Aeroplan, SPG Platinum, Hyatt
You beat me to the slopes, Spellbound2! Glad to hear that your trip went smoothly.

Sorry, I forgot to mention about their "resort fee." They had it since it's opening. And, I've already expressed my disappointment with it (to no avail).

The Westin Whistler's resort fee (winter months) is usually CAD$15 per room per night. During the summer months, it's reduced to CAD$8 since the ski valet is not open.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 12:00 am

Whistler Spring break, any deals?

I am hopefully going up to Whistler for spring break with 6-8 college friends and was interested in staying at the Westin. I was wondering if there are any good deals or promos going for this property.

How are Starwood golds recognized at this property? I stayed at the Sheraton Montreal over New Years and gold recognition was terrible.

I found a rate of $279 US dollars per night, is that as low as it will get in the winter? If that is a common rate, any other nice hotel suggestions, a 1 bedroom would be nice.

If it helps, I am a AAA member and hold a entertainment card.

Thanks,

Eric

[This message has been edited by FlyBDL (edited 01-15-2003).]
Old Jan 15, 2003, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
I have not heard about any specific specials for the Westin. However, if you go to www.mywhistler.com and search around, you will usually find some pretty decent offers on hotels/condos.

Also, as for the Westin, you could always try asking whether the SPG50 award is available. Or try searching for the rates one day at a time. The Westin webpage will simply give you the rate for the most expensive night during your time there and apply it to all of the nights you are looking for.

For example, if you are looking for a room from Monday - Friday, and the rates for each day are:

M-$179
T-$289
W-$179
Th-$179
F-$179

then the website (and often a reservation agent) will tell you that the rate for the entire week is $289.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Platinum got me a higher floor, but not a suite. This property is always at capacity, so upgrades are very rare. This hotel is amazing. The service is first class and you can't beat the location, practically connected to the Whistler gondola.

The hotel's webite has various promotions, but unlikely during the peak season. Try www.westinwhistler.net

------------------
NW Silver, AA Gold, Strwood Plat
Old Jan 22, 2003, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Stayed there 5 nights in December using points for a studio. As a plat, we were not upgraded to a larger room, but rather a top floor studio that was a loft.

IMHO the resort fee is very fair, having my snowboard stowed and use of the great pool and hot tub are worth $9 USD/$15 CAD.

Mongolie Grill is reasonably priced, and fun to make your own dish.

------------------
NW Silver, AA Gold, Strwood Plat
Old Jan 22, 2003, 5:55 am

It is getting mroe and more difficult to find bargains in Whistler. Banf is a different story, however.

The $279 you found at the Westin Whistler is not bad compared to the $500+ I found when looking at Presidents Week.

I would concur that you should do a search of Whistler to see what comes up. There are a ton of hotels there, including a Holiday Inn and Radisson, juts to name a couple fo the chains represented.

You might also want to look 30 minutes down the road in Squamish. There is a Super 8 and Best Western there that are much more affordable.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MarshKing:
I have not heard about any specific specials for the Westin. However, if you go to www.mywhistler.com and search around, you will usually find some pretty decent offers on hotels/condos.

For example, if you are looking for a room from Monday - Friday, and the rates for each day are:

M-$179
T-$289
W-$179
Th-$179
F-$179

then the website (and often a reservation agent) will tell you that the rate for the entire week is $289.
</font>
So is there a way to get these rates without making multiple reservations?
Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:41 am
Suspended

if the $15 CAD fee is required/mandatory, why isn't it included in the room rate?
Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:53 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
So is there a way to get these rates without making multiple reservations?</font>
a platinum conceirge or even a general reservation agent can do this type of reservation. most of them will proactively break up the rates but it doesn't hurt to be informed.

Old Jan 23, 2003, 1:15 am

jetsethotel, thanks for all your ideas about Whistler! Loved skiing and snowboarding there. Have you been to Mont Tremblant? Hard to believe I waited this long to get to Whistler. We arrived early from SFO- 1 hr. 40 min. flight- will definitely do this again. We are heading to Utah next week, unfortunately there are no Starwoods in the ski areas.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Many ski area hotels I've stayed in, especially in Canada, have ski valets or lockers. At Whistler, these include the Chateau Whistler, Wildwood Lodge, and the Pan Pacific Lodge. And I've never been asked to pay a fee for that service.

The fact is, ski hotels often offer this service as much for themselves as for your convenience. They don't want you taking skis into the room, since they drip and make a mess in the rooms and hallways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.