Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Skyline, London Heathrow Airport pre 2008 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Skyline, London Heathrow Airport pre 2008 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 12:50 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Free Club Level Internet at Heathrow Sheraton Skyline Questions

I'm at the Heathrow Sheraton Skyline again. Last week when I was here they were broadcasting an open Wifi connection "NETGEAR" from the club lounge. This trip, I can still see "NETGEAR" but it won't connect.

Also, FYI. one of the two PCs in the Club Lounge has been broken for over a week.

They advertise free HSIA (High Speed Internet Access) in the club lounge. So, I think they mean more than just the use of the two computers?

Anyone have any experience with this? The club lounge staff are unforutnately non-native English speakers, so I hestitate to start asking them about this for fear of confusing them totally.

Last edited by stc; Jul 22, 2006 at 1:13 pm
Old Jul 22, 2006, 4:02 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Strange. I've stayed in the hotel 3 times in this month already, and have never had a problem with using either the wireless HSIA or the two computers in the lounge. Worked perfectly every time.

And the young Polish lady who mans the lounge is most friendly and helpful too. ^

I'll be back at the hotel again next week, and will see if anything has changed.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 5:26 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Strange. I've stayed in the hotel 3 times in this month already, and have never had a problem with using either the wireless HSIA or the two computers in the lounge. Worked perfectly every time.

And the young Polish lady who mans the lounge is most friendly and helpful too. ^

I'll be back at the hotel again next week, and will see if anything has changed.
Well, the wireless is working again. Maybe someone reset it. (I had rebooted my machine a couple of time before posting.)

The computer furthest from the door has been out of service for a week. Someone tried turning it on and booting it and it looks like a Windows Registry Problem.

I'll be here until Friday (28 July) Morning.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL PLT, SPG-lifetime Plat
I was at the Skyline a week ago. We found the club furnishing to be very nice (althought placed in odd positions) There was a TV and they have snacks around 5pm and free drinks for an hour between 7-8. But we found them to be really odd about how to offer drinks etc. Each time I wanted a beer from the fridge instead of just taking it out myself, I needed to ask the person in the lounge, the person would go over to the fridge, unlock it, get out a beer, and lock it again. Same with the snacks, there wasn't very much. Seems like they were trying to restrict the amount consumed or something.

All in all thought, the new refurbished rooms and the club make it a very nice property.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:45 am

Programs: Starwood Prefered Guest
Sheraton Heathrow Skyline False Charges

We have stayed at the Sheraton Heathrow Skyline several times. On each visit, bogus charges appeared on our bill. When brought to the hotels attention, they were removed. Due to the fact that it keeps happening, I have reached the following conclusions: (1) The hotels accounting department is VERY poorly run; or, (2) There is a systematic attempt to defraud guests.

On Feb 28, 2007 my wife and I checked into the hotel at 1750. The next morning a Laundry charge of 25 pounds was on our bill. I asked for and received a copy of the documentation for the charge which was for 2 shirts and 1 pair of pants. The laundry pickup had supposedly occurred at or before 0900 on the 28th.

When the fact that the event occurred at least 8 hours before our arrival was brought to their attention, the charge was removed. The fact that something similar has occurred on every visit, in my opinion, no longer makes this an "accident". Prior occurrences have been documented to Starwood.

If nothing is done to correct this situation, then, in my opinion, that makes Starwood complicit in the activity and just as responsible.
Old Mar 5, 2007, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I stayed there many times and never had an issue. Maybe they have something in your profile.....
Old Mar 5, 2007, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
:-: A hotel that proactively knows you will soil your pants and sends them out to laundry, hours before you arrive! That is service! :-:

But seriously, unless and until you take it up as described above, Starwood doesn't even know about it. Once you take it up, there are procedures, and if the hotel doesn't follow up, they get "detention" for lack of a better word.

It sounds like careless accounting - things placed to a room number without any regard to when people checked in/out.

Were the pants nice and clean?
Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:20 am

Programs: Starwood Prefered Guest
Originally Posted by ldsant
Since you said that this has happened many times, have you written to Starwood Corporate Services (sticky at the top for their information) or the GM of the property?

Mistakes do get made. I have had several billing problems as well at various properties. I never jump to "Starwood being complicit. . ."

This has been documented to Starwood. After the last occurance I was assured by both the hotels GM and Starwood that the situation would be corrected and would not happen again.

My reason for posting is to warn others. I will not be going back
Old May 21, 2007, 2:58 pm

Starwood near LHR

I need a hotel near Heathrow for a late arival and early departure. Last time I stayed overnight there I discovered that although the hotel was said to be "nearby" the airport, it took a long time to get back and forth. Any (Starwood preferred) suggestions for a quick in/out?
Old May 21, 2007, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chinstrap
I need a hotel near Heathrow for a late arival and early departure. Last time I stayed overnight there I discovered that although the hotel was said to be "nearby" the airport, it took a long time to get back and forth. Any (Starwood preferred) suggestions for a quick in/out?
Sheraton Skyline Hotel and Sheraton Heathrow Hotel are the two options closest to LHR. How long it takes to go between the hotel and the airport varies based on whether you take the Hotel Hoppa bus, a taxi or the public buses. I take the public buses when with light luggage because it's faster and cheaper (i.e., perhaps even free) compared to the Hotel Hoppa bus.

For a very late night and very early departure, a taxi (or other hired car) would be the fastest -- even if most expensive -- option.
Old May 21, 2007, 5:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
It depends which terminal you are flying into.

If you are flying into T1, 2 or 3 then either Sheratons are about as close as you can get. If you are flying into T4, then the Hilton is much closer. The Hilton can be reached via a walkway whereas any bus to the Sheratons would have to go around half the perimeter of the airport.

Regards
Snoopy
Old May 21, 2007, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chinstrap
Thanks!

Are these hotels quick to get to or are they just the closest Starwoods? The last time I did this I was surprised how long it took to get to what was termed a nearby hotel.
They are just the closest Starwood hotels.

The closest hotels are the Hilton if doing LHR Terminal 4 arrivals. And for T1, T2, and T3 arrivals, the Holiday Inn Heathrow and Renaissance are the closest physically but -- as they are not readily walkable -- require a bus or vehicle to get to (somewhat) comfortably. (The bulk of the airport hotels around LHR are on Bath Road.)
Old May 21, 2007, 6:35 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by danwhy
The SPG websites for these hotels give you the information you are looking for. For example, here is the Sheraton Heathrow:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...propertyID=293
These are also precisely mapped in my Google Earth mapping files on journeysearcher.com. In Google Earth, you can search for location "LHR" to zoom in on this airport.
Old May 23, 2007, 12:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
LHR, he he :)

There is NO SUCH THING as a practical hotel in Heathrow.
Some perspective is needed here : the local way is not about practicality BUT about which amount of cash you will spend while being there. The cosmic joke is you will spend this big amount of money for absolutely nothing but snotty "service" and terrible food. Oh, and the honour of visiting the craddle of all human enlightment (mostly business), of course.
Skyline Sheraton is a big joke, too. But slightly less cosmic.
I would say Hilton, and treat them like the dogs they are
Old Jul 19, 2007, 4:38 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
LHR to hotel

what is the best way to get to the hotel? can i take a taxi or are they giving me a hard time bc of the short trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.