Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Park Tower, London pre 2007 reports [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Park Tower, London pre 2007 reports [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:46 pm

Definately a good hotel. I have been alternating between the tower and the park lane for years. I have never been upgraded to the butler floor as a platinum but even as a gold, I was always upgraded from the classic to the deluxe room (I think that is what it is called.). Showers and bathroom are very nice and the room is small but efficient. (They have speakers from the TV in the bathroom so you can listen to the news etc while shaving.) They recently installed new destination elevators that took some getting used to. Rooms facing the Manderin Oriental/the park are my favorites.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Pumpkink
Sorry - am new to this and couldn't find anything in the search function!

I have a reservation at the Sheraton Park Tower in London. Has anyone stayed there? Any feedback would be appreciated as I know there are alternative properties that I could switch to if they are better?
Perhaps the search function didn't work for you? I searched for "Sheraton Park Tower London" and came up with 92 responses - some of which were undoubtedly of limited interest, but this one is certainly on point:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...k+Tower+london

IME, the Park Tower is the 2nd best of the 5 Starwood non-airport properties (the Lanesborough is one of the very best hotels in London, but priced accordingly), That being said, I've had fine stays at all of the others, including the much maligned Sheraton Park Lane and Le Meridien Picadilly. In both of those cases, the variability reported herein can be largely explained by the proximity of the rooms to various noise sources. All of these properties are well located, and reasonably well run.

and welcome to flyertalk.

Last edited by SportsTech; Dec 26, 2006 at 3:45 pm
Old Dec 26, 2006, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMO, the rooms here are NOT small. They are very decently-sized for a central London Hotel. At least the King room for 1 or 2 people.
I have been in much smaller rooms, e.g., at Le Meridien Piccadilly.
The other good thing about this hotel is that all regular rooms have an identical layout. So you don't have to worry about getting stuck in some closet.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott -Lifetime Platinum. A3 Gold (ex-Aeroplan-E50), Skymiles Gold, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Pumpkink
Sorry - am new to this and couldn't find anything in the search function!

I have a reservation at the Sheraton Park Tower in London. Has anyone stayed there? Any feedback would be appreciated as I know there are alternative properties that I could switch to if they are better?
While the hotel is clearly a step up from the Park Lane, IMO it isn't worth the (typically 20-30%) price premium - unless you have some special deal or promo.
Also, depends where you like to hang out - Jermyn St.,S.James, Selfridges, & Regent St. are all much closer to the LM & PL. I personally prefer the shopping on the Regent / Piccadilly side.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:08 am
Suspended

I dont understand why several posters described the rooms as "small". The rooms are of decent size even for American/Asian standard (and at least 2-3 times larger than Westin Paris or Sheraton Heathrow rooms) and the decor/furnishing/bed is perhaps the best in the entire Starwood chain. Its worth travelling to London just to stay there !

Last edited by mario33; Jan 3, 2007 at 8:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.