Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

St Regis Aspen, Colorado 2001 - 2006 [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Regis Aspen, Colorado 2001 - 2006 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2006, 9:18 am

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 321eod
Hi

I've managed to book Xmas Day and 26th Dec at the Regis Aspen with points

Does anyone know if the Regis has a club floor available to Plats on an award stay?

If so, what services does the floor offer?

cheers

Steve
They do have a club floor! Everyone pays for this service, even SPG Plats, either by paying a fee of $200/day or reserving a room on the club floor where the fee is built into the rate.

Looking forward to my trip Dec 23-28 on an award stay! 5 nights for 48K points (A value of more than .16 per point).^

Hope to see you there 321eod!
Old Dec 22, 2006, 9:52 pm

Programs: Priority Club(PLAT), Choice Hotels (PLAT), QANTAS, Virgin Australia, ANSETT_GW(RETIRED!)
thks lane-mc!

have you been to Aspen before? can you recommend somewhere "reasonable" for dinner on Xmas Day? we have an 11 year old son

cheers

Steve
Old Dec 23, 2006, 1:15 am

please descibe this club which you must pay 200$/day for...
Free Champagne, caviar,lobster?????
Old Dec 23, 2006, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Hmm... no caviar. But you must understand that this is Aspen. I just got back from a five day stay. The whole time I felt there was a vacuum hose attached to my wallet.

It's a fun silly place to visit, but you don't want to stay too long, unless you're made of money.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 8:43 pm

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
Originally Posted by 321eod
thks lane-mc!

have you been to Aspen before? can you recommend somewhere "reasonable" for dinner on Xmas Day? we have an 11 year old son

cheers

Steve
You have to go to Vail Village to eat. It's about 10 minutes away and a lot of great resturants to eat at! Unfortunately, no matter where you go, Aspen, Beaver Creek Village or Vail Village, there is NOTHING reasonable except for McDonalds off the highway! We did eat at Beaver Creek Village at a Pizzeria, I think it was called "Blue Moose" that wasn't too bad.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, United 100k, HGVC, Hyatt VC
Originally Posted by gnp001
You have to go to Vail Village to eat. It's about 10 minutes away and a lot of great resturants to eat at! Unfortunately, no matter where you go, Aspen, Beaver Creek Village or Vail Village, there is NOTHING reasonable except for McDonalds off the highway! We did eat at Beaver Creek Village at a Pizzeria, I think it was called "Blue Moose" that wasn't too bad.
I think you are thinking of Beaver Creek. Aspen is almost two hours away...

In Aspen, the Hacienda is a good coice for Mexican, kind of like a Chevy's. Boogies is a diner, very kid friendly. The Steakpit is nice and also kid friendly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.