Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Wild speculation: Any ideas on SPG's Q3 promo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wild speculation: Any ideas on SPG's Q3 promo?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Bummer....couldn't wait till Aug 3rd, so just booked Hilton Tokyo in the meantime...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by jacbarb
thank you. Congrats to you too! Planning a 3 week escape for us to SE Asia - recommendations welcome...
I found a lot of good information from this site and had some clue of where I wanted to go on my honeymoon...

I'll give you my take on Bangkok when we go (part of the honeymoon) and Saigon (the third part of our 'extended' honeymoon, over Christmas vacation) - but it's probably up to your tastes what to do in SE Asia.

I've only been to Singapore & Hong Kong (if you even count that) down that far in Asia, and I didn't particularly care for Singapore, but I was happy to at least be there to see it

We are doing a three week jaunt from DC around the world (west-ward)

-jeremy
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
I'll give you my take on Bangkok when we go (part of the honeymoon) and Saigon (the third part of our 'extended' honeymoon, over Christmas vacation) - but it's probably up to your tastes what to do in SE Asia.
Have fun. We're into the seventh year of our extended honeymoon...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:32 pm

Why the mystery???

Does anyone happen to know why SPG has decided not to post their new promo yet? It is now almost August 1st and I have to go through an exercise of canceling all of my SPG reservations for next week because there is not a promo. I am Plat with SPG but am also Diamond with Hilton. I typically stay with SPG most of the time, but now that there is not a promo I am going to go and earn stays/nights with Hilton. This doesn't seem prudent on the part of SPG and is typically not the way they operate. I am very surprised by their lack of communication. Does anyone else agree?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:18 am

Promo or no Promo i will remain with Starwood because i Love the Brand, the program and they treat me very well.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:30 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Promos aren't always a given for every quarter. Perhaps SPG isn't having a promo this quarter? That is possible
Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:30 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Special promo: A third bar of soap every 10th stay...
Old Aug 1, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, PC PLAT
I would LOVE to know what kind of promo is being offered because I will be travelling in Asia and Australia for a month starting late August (between jobs). Because I want to control costs, I'm probably going to use hotwire/priceline-bidding to get "lower cost" hotels, but I may use Starwood if they have good promos!
Old Aug 1, 2009, 8:14 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by ldsant
Promos aren't always a given for every quarter. Perhaps SPG isn't having a promo this quarter? That is possible
Stock market is recovering, consumers are spending again and I have difficulty booking hotel rooms. Promo is not necessary anymore.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Originally Posted by Dendrite
Stock market is recovering, consumers are spending again and I have difficulty booking hotel rooms. Promo is not necessary anymore.
ISTR there were promos even before the recession struck full force like double-stays in Q4 2007?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I hope they give us a choice like last year.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
I found a lot of good information from this site and had some clue of where I wanted to go on my honeymoon...

I've only been to Singapore & Hong Kong (if you even count that) down that far in Asia, and I didn't particularly care for Singapore, but I was happy to at least be there to see it

We are doing a three week jaunt from DC around the world (west-ward)

-jeremy

Thx! We have been to Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam already. Were thinking of doing a few days in India, Malaysia and Indonesia. Wondering which SPG properties are good in these countries
Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:54 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
:d :-:2 more days until the next hint!!!!!!!!:-: :d
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by KSA_USA
Promo or no Promo i will remain with Starwood because i Love the Brand, the program and they treat me very well.
Word. While I'm hoping for the double stay promo, to requalify without one night stands, I think last quarters promo was so exceptional that I'm satisfied for quite a while.

I can't see catering to the promo-addicted traveler as a profitable strategy for Starwood.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by bzz100
Does anyone happen to know why SPG has decided not to post their new promo yet? It is now almost August 1st and I have to go through an exercise of canceling all of my SPG reservations for next week because there is not a promo. I am Plat with SPG but am also Diamond with Hilton. I typically stay with SPG most of the time, but now that there is not a promo I am going to go and earn stays/nights with Hilton. This doesn't seem prudent on the part of SPG and is typically not the way they operate. I am very surprised by their lack of communication. Does anyone else agree?
I've scratched all the hair off my head trying to figure this one. Someone should copyright this logic, as this is at least the fourth statement sharing this sentiment.

You have asked two questions. 1) there is no promo. 2) At least three others agree with you and one ain't me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.