Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Norwood, MA (my nicest 4Pts. stay to date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

I recently had a quick one night stay at the Four Points by Sheraton in Norwood, MA and was quite impressed by the hotel so I figured I would write a short report. The only other info on this hotel that I was able to find on FT prior to my stay was a short mention of the hotel in the Best and Worst 4Pts. thread and also a thread complaining about some promo people had a problem getting at the property.

I would definitely rank this as the nicest 4Pts. I have stayed at so far. (Other good stays have been at the Chicago Mag. Mile property, NYC Chelsea and Plainview, NY) I arrived at the hotel at approx. 6pm and was warmly greeted by the front desk staff. The attendant told me I had been upgraded to a "Pure" 2 double guestroom on the 4th floor. I mentioned that I had booked a King guestroom and asked if one was available. Sadly no ....but the attendant told me that the "Pure" rooms were very nice and hypoallergenic clean rooms. I figured what the heck since I was only staying for one night and took the room. (Info on the Pure rooms: http://www.fourpointsnorwood.com/allergy-friendly.html) Taking the room turned out to be a good move since it was a very nice and very large room with quality furnishings. As stated, I have stayed in a couple of other 4Pts. properties that I have considered pretty good but the room furnishings at this property were definitely the nicest I have had. There was a large unit that had a desk area, drawers for storage and also housed the large tv. Free water and coffee (Maxwell House ) was provided in the room. Bathroom was very large with a shower and no tub. Bath amenities were good and I think they have recently been changed from Caswell & Massy to a 4Pts. branded selection. The lotion smells identical to the old Westin lotion. Nice brand new towels which also had the 4Pts. logo on them. Will try to post some pics later (my first attempt).

Hotel restaurant is called One Bistro and is evidently very good. I was having dinner with a client so I didn't dine there but the client even said he had heard good things about the place. Breakfast (which was included in the rate) was served in very nice room (not the restaurant) and was buffet style. The offerings were very good and the staff was super friendly.

I didn't have time to check out the other areas of the hotel. The hallways of the hotel are very nicely decorated and there are huge conference rooms/halls which were being used for various corporate functions while I was there. The overall decor of the hotel was nicer than any 4Pts. I have seen and probably nicer than most Sheratons I have stayed at. Definitely also one of the largest 4Pts. I have stayed at.

Overall a very nice property that could easily be a Sheraton vs. just a 4Pts. I wish all 4Pts. were this nice! Area around the hotel is known for being the car dealer mile in the area. Also worth mentioning....the new Patriots Place complex and the stadium are only a short drive away.

Last edited by christianj; Jun 22, 2009 at 10:40 am
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Beautiful public areas. Amazing restaurant One Bistro. You know it's good, because locals from the area even come to eat here.
Staff responsiveness was very good, very helpful with train schedules,mean information, informed us of starwoods new partnership with Uber too.
Had a poor lifeguard at the pool who did not enforce minimum age in the hot tub. It became overrun with small children splashing and screaming. Also was a shortage of towels in the pool area.
Our first stay not on an SPG floor in a hotel that offered one since being elite. Was disappointing, however we were in the purifier air rooms which were pleasant enough.
Decor is a bit dated and too many scuffs on the bathroom mirror and old style uncomfortable bathroom tiles for my taste. Location is very easy to get into boston Back Bay and North station (sadly not south station though).
Would return again if not staying downtown. Element in Lexington is much nicer. I respectfully disagree that this could be a regular Sheraton. It is in my opinion what the definition of a four points property should be. Much like Four Points LAX.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
........ Location is very easy to get into boston Back Bay and North station (sadly not south station though).
Can you explain that? After all, the commuter rail, from Norwood, stops in both Back Bay AND South Station. North Station? Nope.

Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:40 pm

Perhaps we misread our map then. My apologies.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I respectfully disagree that this could be a regular Sheraton. It is in my opinion what the definition of a four points property should be. Much like Four Points LAX.
Considering I posted my review over 5 years ago things could have changed by then especially with an aging room and bath decor which seems to be your main issue. Back when I stayed it definitely was nicer than some of the Sheratons I had stayed at or I would not have made that comment.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:31 pm

It might be nicer than some Sheratons, I don't dispute that, perhaps Sheraton Springfield for example
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I would suggest that the MODS consider altering the title of this thread. If this is to be the master thread for this property, it would be improved (at least in my opinion) by removing the subjective component in parentheses.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by sbtinme
I would suggest that the MODS consider altering the title of this thread. If this is to be the master thread for this property, it would be improved (at least in my opinion) by removing the subjective component in parentheses.
Of course, this is not the way to request a MOD's assistance.

I made the request through the notification button, yesterday, requesting this very action.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
any updates on this property staying here in about a week. thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.