Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

A suggestion for Starwood: Offer local Language Taxi Cards on the hotel website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 9:48 am
JMR
Original Poster

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors

I've noticed that some of the cheapest hotels now include local language taxi cards on their website. (i.e. http://www.sinohotelguide.com/beijing/dawan/index.html) scroll to bottom.

IIRC that has been suggested on this board to SPG.

Anyone else care to join me in bumping that suggestion to SPG once again? I think it would be very helpful.
Old May 4, 2009, 9:54 am

It is a great idea to include the address of the property in both the web site language and the local language.

It would also be a good ide to shown the name of the nearest metro in the case of city properties.
Old May 4, 2009, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
It is a great idea to include the address of the property in both the web site language and the local language.
This would be especially helpful in California and Georgia.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:53 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Now... that is JUST wrong.....

Originally Posted by Dovster
This would be especially helpful in California and Georgia.
Old May 4, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
+1. VERY useful in China.
Old May 4, 2009, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Agreed - would save finding a Thai speaking fa and asking them to write the address in Thai
Old May 5, 2009, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Great suggestion, but Starwood can't even get proper maps, public transportation directions to hotel, parking rates, gym hours, lounge hours or even email addresses for the properties on their websites, I'm sure this excellent idea will fall on deaf ears.
Old May 5, 2009, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Would presumably be labor-saving, this is something I regularly request by email from a hotel, presumably I'm not the only one. But emailing my request isn't a particularly huge burden on me, I will deal, still having the info online shouldn't be that hard.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: AC*E, AA, Mar*S, SW*P, HTZ #1G, AVS Pref
they had this at the front desk in Beijing. unfortunately we ran into a few taxi drivers who couldnt read - and since I speak no chinese they refused to take us.

oh well.
Old May 5, 2009, 1:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
What a fantastic idea!!

Would have helped a ton at the W in Istanbul.
Old May 5, 2009, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
I concur with gleff; I have asked for emailed name and address. Once at the property, it's easy to pick up a business card or pack of matches.

Back in early 2000, I believe the Beijing International Club had this on their web site. Few others do.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:19 am

Hyatt's all do it - it shouldn't be difficult. I regularly email the hotel to ask for the information as well - you think that they would want it on the website to save time...
Old May 7, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Le Club Platinum, Hyatt Gold Passport, ICHotels Priority Club
A very good idea. If it wasn't for the help I got by email from Sheraton in Tokyo, I would never have found it. Tokyo doesn't have street names.

Finding the email address of a hotel can be a challenge too. Not all hotels have their email address listed. Luckily the live chat with the SPG rep always helps!
Old May 7, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Ambassador, Avis Last, CLEAR, Global Entry
It would be great to print these out before a trip. When I got to the Le Meridian in Hong Kong, there was a taxi card on the desk with not only the hotels address but local attractions as well. Very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.