Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:03 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wonghenhen
Delta is the one at fault for this promo....
This is easy enough to believe (I had a problem with another DL promotion this summer). BUT, we registered for the promotion with SPG. The NW/DL airline points were promised by SPG. SPG needs to work with DL to fix this.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:51 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Dear members,

A note from my colleagues from the SPG marketing team which I believe William had brought up earlier.

We are aware of this delay on the airline's end and are working with them to get it corrected.

We apologise for the inconveniences caused and appreciate your kind patience with regards this matter.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Sep 24, 2009 at 3:14 am Reason: Grammar
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I booked a free weekend night at the Sheraton in Quito. A friend of mine has a free weekend night that they will not be able to use and they wanted to book a reservation in my name for the same hotel.

When calling SPG they were told that they would have to physically be at the hotel to do this. Is this correct? I've made reservations for other people and not had to be there, what's the difference with the promotion?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:15 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I booked a free weekend night at the Sheraton in Quito. A friend of mine has a free weekend night that they will not be able to use and they wanted to book a reservation in my name for the same hotel.

When calling SPG they were told that they would have to physically be at the hotel to do this. Is this correct? I've made reservations for other people and not had to be there, what's the difference with the promotion?
This has come up before and this is a condition of this specific promotion. when you redeem points with SPG, you don't usually have to be present. They usually just make a note in your reservation that this is the case. For whatever reason, SPG apparently decided that your physical presence was required for this promo. Maybe our Starwood Lurkers can explain why this was done in this case.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
This has come up before and this is a condition of this specific promotion. when you redeem points with SPG, you don't usually have to be present. They usually just make a note in your reservation that this is the case. For whatever reason, SPG apparently decided that your physical presence was required for this promo. Maybe our Starwood Lurkers can explain why this was done in this case.
Interesting.

The only terms I can pull up now are the ones for the Asia-Pacific promo and the only language I see in there that hints at this is the free night not being transferable.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: DL Plat AA Gold Airtran Elite HH Diamond Marriott Plat *Wood Plat
YMMV but you could book it under your name and then call the hotel later to tell them you'd be sharing the room and will be arriving late and could they please add the other guest's name to the room so they can check in when they arrive first.

I did this (legitimately) with a free weekend night from this promo (St Regis San Fran). My buddy really did show up hours before me and they let him check in, but like i said, YMMV, and I really did come in later. Note, in this case I had 2 rooms, one for me and one for him (both free weekend nights), so that could have had something to do with it.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:45 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
...Maybe our Starwood Lurkers can explain why this was done in this case.
Because that is always the way it is with promotional free night awards. The person who earns it is the person who must use it.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:30 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Hartmann
The only terms I can pull up now are the ones for the Asia-Pacific promo and the only language I see in there that hints at this is the free night not being transferable.
We've got the Ts and Cs posted in this thread here.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gte157q
YMMV but you could book it under your name and then call the hotel later to tell them you'd be sharing the room and will be arriving late and could they please add the other guest's name to the room so they can check in when they arrive first.

I did this (legitimately) with a free weekend night from this promo (St Regis San Fran). My buddy really did show up hours before me and they let him check in, but like i said, YMMV, and I really did come in later. Note, in this case I had 2 rooms, one for me and one for him (both free weekend nights), so that could have had something to do with it.
I recently did the same thing at the W New York, as I was delayed returning from a business trip in CA and my wife was meeting me in NYC. I in fact never made it for the stay, but it wasn't a problem.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 1:14 pm

Programs: SPG plat, Mar plat, Hyatt plat, Amtrak sel+, AA gold, Hilton gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Extend?

Does anyone know if there is ANY way to have the WFN extended by about 10 days? I called platinum concierge and they told me under NO circumstances would there be an extension. This is very disappointing. I am also diamond with Hyatt and they always offer the extension for their top tiers.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 2cents
Does anyone know if there is ANY way to have the WFN extended by about 10 days?
By all reports, no chance at all.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Does anyone know if there is ANY way to have the WFN extended by about 10 days? I called platinum concierge and they told me under NO circumstances would there be an extension. This is very disappointing. I am also diamond with Hyatt and they always offer the extension for their top tiers.
IME the days of the Plat desk accommodating their top tier are long gone. However, in less than two weeks of travel anyone can be a Starwood Plat now. So theres the trade off.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Well, if you feel that Hyatt is so much more accommodating to your needs, then perhaps you should give all of your SPG business to Hyatt?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Any update as to when the "correct" Delta miles posting will take place?

4-weeks later and I'm still sitting at 1,000 in my DL account.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: SPG plat, Mar plat, Hyatt plat, Amtrak sel+, AA gold, Hilton gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Well, if you feel that Hyatt is so much more accommodating to your needs, then perhaps you should give all of your SPG business to Hyatt?
Wow, I didn't mean for my comment to be offensive. I was just trying to point out that a competitor is far more accomodating...and I do give business to Hyatt instead of SPG, when possible, largely because of this difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.