Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
The standard room (the room style that is available the day before when free nights are available) can be booked for the night I want if you use cash & points AND if you enter my corporate code, but not if you leave it blank.
Have you tried calling? I've found the online availability for awards and C+P is often wrong.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 1:35 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Today when I posted was during the hours that the SPG call centre was closed.

My booking resolved by chance from a quick thinking Plat Agent once they opened.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Posting

Looks like the DL bonus miles are starting to post on the Delta side of the house.
01 Sep 2009 Starwood Hotel Hotel - ADD (posted on 01Sep2009) 1000 0 1000
Old Sep 7, 2009, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pitbrian
Looks like the DL bonus miles are starting to post on the Delta side of the house.
01 Sep 2009 Starwood Hotel Hotel - ADD (posted on 01Sep2009) 1000 0 1000
I also had 2 (of 14) post in the last day and a half.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by AlxStevens
I also had 2 (of 14) post in the last day and a half.
Only 1 out of 5 so far here. Though it's nice they're posting as miles instead of bonus miles so they extend the expiration.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 7:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

1 out of 24 posted for me on 9/1/09.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 10:24 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Today when I posted was during the hours that the SPG call centre was closed.

My booking resolved by chance from a quick thinking Plat Agent once they opened.
Hi seanthepilot,

Seriously, I am worried about your Free Weekend reservation as something does not seem right. Currently it is reflecting a rate of BAR under a non-standard room(traditional room at clubhouse building).

But if you are comfortable with it, I would not interfere.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Sep 8, 2009, 2:53 am

Free Weekend Stay

Hi to all spg experts!
I earned 5 free weekend stays that will expire on Sept. 28th!!! My problem?
I will not have any chance to use these stays! yes I AM STUPID!!!
Do you think is it possible to give to someone else as a gift? I called SPG platinum phone number and they told me I can reserve rooms for my friends but I have to be there at checkin time! I think the girl on the phone was wrong because a friend of mine told me he was able to reserve a room for one of his relatives and he was not there at checkin... so who is right???
Is there anyone there who wants to have my stays?
also... what do they mean saying free weekend stay? can I reserve a room from friday to monday???
thx
tommy
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by tommyp78ct
Hi to all spg experts!
Do you think is it possible to give to someone else as a gift? I called SPG platinum phone number and they told me I can reserve rooms for my friends but I have to be there at checkin time! I think the girl on the phone was wrong because a friend of mine told me he was able to reserve a room for one of his relatives and he was not there at checkin... so who is right???
also... what do they mean saying free weekend stay? can I reserve a room from friday to monday???
thx
tommy
Terms and Conditions:
Member must register online at SPG.com/freeweekends by July 31, 2009, Midnight EDT. Member can earn one (1) Free Weekend Night Award with every two (2) eligible stays between May 1, 2009, and July 31, 2009.

An earned Free Weekend Night Award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Starwood Preferred Guest® Category 1–6 properties for one Friday, Saturday or Sunday night between May 8, 2009, and September 27, 2009.

There are no limits to how many Free Weekend Night Awards can be earned and they may be used on consecutive weekend nights for one single or double occupancy standard room only, including the cost of the hotel room and room tax. Awards are not transferrable and may not be given as a gift.
An eligible stay to earn award is defined as one or more consecutive nights within the earning dates at any of the more than 890 participating Starwood Preferred Guest properties, paying a qualifying rate in the same hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or checkouts that occur and post to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. Multiple rooms charged to the same member during the same stay will only count as one stay. SPG® participating properties and a description of qualifying rates can be found at SPG.com under program terms and conditions.

Each Free Weekend Night Award must be redeemed by calling the Customer Call Center and mentioning award ID 9FWFN. Free Weekend Night Awards will be credited to the member's account within 3–5 days of every second stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account. All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at SPG.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and is not available to groups or Starwood employees. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time.

To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on SPG.com/privacy, or call 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries to access our privacy information line. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Four Points, W, Aloft, The Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, Element, Westin, St. Regis and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law. © 2009 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
If the inventory is there, see if you can redeem several rooms for the same weekend and have a party!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:11 am

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by tommyp78ct
Hi to all spg experts!
thx
tommy
Unfortunately, I couldn't easily locate the T&Cs, however, I thought it was pretty clear that awards are non-transferrable. One of the Lurkers should be able to confirm this.

The Platinum concierge may have been trying to help you a long a bit as if you were to personally check-in, it would be difficult for the hotel to identify if you weren't really staying in the property.

Regarding your friend who was able to book for a relative, I'm guessing it was likely that they had the same last name. In that situation, it's fairly easy to indicate to a property that you'll have a family member 'checking in before you do' - of course, you never do check in but again, it can be difficult for the property to monitor this.

I expect you'll have posters howling that the above are against the T&Cs; the first may be a bit of a gray zone, while the second is clearly a violation. That being said, I'm sure that both happen on an occassional basis. It's up to you if you'd like to skirt the system.

In regards to if anyone here would like your stays, I'm sure there are, but unless the above apply, you're going to have a tough time. Maybe you can go through the Coupon Connection to see if there is anyone traveling to your city.

If I recall correctly, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights applied to the promotion.

FWIW, there's a number of us in the same situation. I have a number of free weekend nights that are going to go to waste. That being said, it was a creative promotion from Starwood and I always appreciate anything that they're willing to offer. That promo just wasn't a great fit for me.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:34 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by vandalby
Unfortunately, I couldn't easily locate the T&Cs, however, I thought it was pretty clear that awards are non-transferrable. One of the Lurkers should be able to confirm this.
Hi vandalby,

The award itself is non-transferable. But, the associate on the phone who has spoken to the OP is correct in that, one may book a room and share it with another guest. The member may book use more than one award per night but it must be at the same property and the member has to be present during check-in for the awards to be valid.

That is the official answer..........

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:17 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Only 1 out of 5 so far here. Though it's nice they're posting as miles instead of bonus miles so they extend the expiration.
ditto to that 1 of 6 as regular miles.. gotta love the extensions too since I don't fly DL
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
i have received 1 out of 9 so far in my delta acct. this is sweet. in the last year earned, 212000 miles in my delta skymiles acct without stepping a foot on any detla flight. long live avis, delta and starwood ....
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
NWA promo, -1000 pts

anyone recall a promo where NW gets my SPG points?

this posted on my account
Redeem -1000 09/01/2009 NORTHWEST AIRLINES PROMO

seems it should be +1000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.