Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q2 Promo: Get a free weekend night for every 2 stays + 1K DL or NW miles 9FWFN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I suggest that you have a specific plan to use your 10 free weekend nights. This could be tricky in India
won't be a problem....i'm traveling almost 3 weeks in a month for work....mostly in europe & asia....it will be very easy to spend an extra 2-3 days for the weekend after a business trip before heading back home....
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
Now ready to switch from Hyatt promo to SPG Q2 promo ^
what is the hyatt promo
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
what is the hyatt promo
up to 20,000 bonus points, end of Apr. 30.

The major two of HTL loyalt programs were SPG and Hyatt for me, so I switch bewteen two programs based on promotion, maintain a least 25 stays in each program, than to earn 60,000 points IC/PC to remain my Platinum Ambassador status. hard work...I think I will quit IC/PC this year...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold
Is this 'THE' Q2 Promo? If so, then I am rather disapointed. Night After Night was much more lucrative for me, but I am thinking that I might also have to switch some nights over to the Marriott. They will have better value for points given that I won't really be able to use the weekend bonuses.

Is this the only promotion coming out for Q2?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:09 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Cruiser2006
...Is this the only promotion coming out for Q2?
Yes. My apologies for your disappointment.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG PLT, AMEX PLT
I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question, but I did not come across the answer in my searching... I understand the rules regarding what does and does not count as an "eligible stay" when staying at one hotel, e.g. attempting to check out and check back in on consecutive days will not work. My question is: what about different hotels on the same date?

I am considering doing something like the following: on a day when I have some time, drive around to all the local cheap SPG properties (there are at least 4 I can hit up within 30 minutes drive), and check in & check out at each one. If these count as separate, eligible stays, then I should have 4 stays = 2 free weekend nights at any hotel up to cat6, is that correct? The purpose of doing this would be to use the weekend stays at an expensive NYC or San Francisco cat6, and I'll still come out ahead after paying for the 4 cheap local rooms out of pocket.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by bigbootch
I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question, but I did not come across the answer in my searching... I understand the rules regarding what does and does not count as an "eligible stay" when staying at one hotel, e.g. attempting to check out and check back in on consecutive days will not work. My question is: what about different hotels on the same date?

I am considering doing something like the following: on a day when I have some time, drive around to all the local cheap SPG properties (there are at least 4 I can hit up within 30 minutes drive), and check in & check out at each one. If these count as separate, eligible stays, then I should have 4 stays = 2 free weekend nights at any hotel up to cat6, is that correct? The purpose of doing this would be to use the weekend stays at an expensive NYC or San Francisco cat6, and I'll still come out ahead after paying for the 4 cheap local rooms out of pocket.
Different hotels on consecutive days, yes. On the same day, no, but YMMV.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:44 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by bigbootch
...My question is: what about different hotels on the same date?...
Officially? No. It is physically impossible to spend the night at four different hotels on the same date. Two, maybe if you are using a day rate to travel overseas; however, my personal opinion is that you are going to attract a lot of unwanted attention from SPG Accounts Integrity, even if you were to pull this off temporarily. Disappointment is sure to follow.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Apr 13, 2009 at 3:50 pm
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:46 pm

Thank you for the quick & clear answer, much appreciated!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cruiser2006
Is this 'THE' Q2 Promo? If so, then I am rather disapointed. Night After Night was much more lucrative for me, but I am thinking that I might also have to switch some nights over to the Marriott. They will have better value for points given that I won't really be able to use the weekend bonuses.

Is this the only promotion coming out for Q2?
it's depends on your travel style. The Q2 promo just good for me since I most travelling out on weekend.. ^

bigbootch, are you talking about your stay plan like:

Example:

May. 1
Westin White House, D.C.
Sheraton White House, D.C.

May. 2
St. Regis White House,
W White House, D.C.

Aveg. USD$100 nightly rate, USD$400 in total and get two award nights use in Cat. 6 in addition, you'll get 500 points in each stay, that will be 2,000.

Moreover, if you reserved all four stays when rush hour here, should be another 500 x 4 = 2,000 points...

mmm....two hotels maybe, but four hotels just too hard for me to get this! Spending up to 4 hrs to process check-in and driving time for this?

The only thing I've done is switch between Hyatt and SPG property each day in the Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Last edited by MattTaiwan; Apr 13, 2009 at 3:56 pm
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
This is more of a general question and not to this specific promotion but does any one know why in recent years Thursday night is no longer considered a weekend night? I seam to recall in years past that it used to be considered as a weekend but not in recent promotions.

Just wondering why ... if anyone has any speculation.

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by neo_781
This is more of a general question and not to this specific promotion but does any one know why in recent years Thursday night is no longer considered a weekend night? I seam to recall in years past that it used to be considered as a weekend but not in recent promotions.

Just wondering why ... if anyone has any speculation.

Thanks.
I would be apperciated if SPG would considered a "weekend night" including public holidays as well...
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
mmm....two hotels maybe, but four hotels just too hard for me to get this! Spending up to 4 hrs to process check-in and driving time for this?
Yeah, what I was considering was hitting up four hotels in one day... this was before Starwood Lurker informed me that will not work. And, now that you mention it, it may not have been worth my trouble even if it were allowed - I guess I was also just curious what the rules were, whether I was actually willing to go through with it or not.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 4:16 pm

Thanks SPG ^

Originally Posted by sc flier
For reference:
SPG.com's list of Category 6 hotels
SPG.com's list of Category 5 hotels

I already have some destinations in mind which were not previously on our schedule.
Thanks for the listing, sc flier. Hmm ..some more planning to be done.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by BoardingPass
redemption period (May 8–September 27, 2009) kind of short. no vacation in this period, unless i force some weekend getaways. I wish spg give us other bonus pts options.
I guess we're the only ones of this opinion. I already have 2 weeks planned in July, so more nights to use in just a 5 month period doesn't get me much. I may earn two or three to take a quick weekend trip somewhere, but will probably focus elsewhere.

I don't see the value of racking up 20 free nights, as was noted earlier, when they disappear a couple weeks after you earn them.

But I'm obviously in the minority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.