Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Planet Hollywood 2008 [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by socalplat
The standard upgrade for plats is the strip suite. room.
This is true during the week but not on weelends. Most weekend stays I have been put into Resort Vista rooms.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:30 pm

I've updated my trip report with a review of a renovated resort view room at the PH (yes pics included):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=18

Cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
There are a few ways to get a Panorama.

1. Book one on the PH website directly
2. Pay the upgrade fee of $150/nt at check-in (if available)
3. Promise the front desk clerk a new bmw after you hit it big on the crap tables.
4. Slip the f/d clerk a nice tip sandwich with your id/plat card/cc

I'm actually going to be there next week myself..
Anyone know if a suites upgrade (1500-2750 points for a category 5 hotel) would get a panorama suite?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 12:44 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by jw713
Anyone know if a suites upgrade (1500-2750 points for a category 5 hotel) would get a panorama suite?
They don't offer these through the Customer Contact Center. I have no idea if they would or not as an Instant Upgrade Award at check-in.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 4, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diam, MR Plat, AA Plat, CO Elite Plat., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jw713
The 1500-2750 pt upgrade is for a standard suite upgrade at PH (strip suite.) If you are a plat, the strip suite upgrade is the standard upgrade but you have to ask for it at check-in. They will not just automatically upgrade you to a strip suite.

They do not accept points to upgrade to a Panorama.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
The 1500-2750 pt upgrade is for a standard suite upgrade at PH (strip suite.) If you are a plat, the strip suite upgrade is the standard upgrade but you have to ask for it at check-in. They will not just automatically upgrade you to a strip suite.

They do not accept points to upgrade to a Panorama.
Only 1500-2750 for a suite? That's a steal.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
In addition to whatever else was used to make the reservation on a per room per night basis, I believe. But, yes, still a deal if true since suites are often twice what it takes to get a standard room for points.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
12K or 16K for reg room one night as a cat 5.... not so much
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nroscoe
12K or 16K for reg room one night as a cat 5.... not so much
No but 13.5K for a strip suite is. @:-)
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
In addition to whatever else was used to make the reservation on a per room per night basis, I believe. But, yes, still a deal if true since suites are often twice what it takes to get a standard room for points.
I'm not trying to argue whether or not it's a deal, but I will clarify that these are not true Standard Suites. They are big, but they are not what I normally expect to call a "suite."

Even the PH's website itself often admits this. "Strip Suites: With views of either the Strip or Pool, these 850 sq ft junior suites offer a sitting area with loveseat, armchair and coffee table. Two TV's are featured, and all oversized marble bathrooms feature a round soaking tub, the centerpiece of the room. Separate shower, vanity kit and bathrobes are also offered."

I have long felt that the Panorama Suites should be available for Plat upgrades. Either the PH is not a fully-participating property, or the Panorama Suites have been defined as Specialty Suites which are exempt. The former used to officially be true -- it was stated to offer "Limited Participation." What is the status today? If still Limited, shouldn't this be stated on the website as it used to be?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
No but 13.5K for a strip suite is. @:-)
maybe if the best rates were $350+, but all too often PH has $89-$139 rates and my upgrade success to a strip suite or similar is very high there so why spend so many points?
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nroscoe
maybe if the best rates were $350+, but all too often PH has $89-$139 rates and my upgrade success to a strip suite or similar is very high there so why spend so many points?
$89-$139 Sun-Thu, yes

$350+ Fri-Sat, yes....and since Im on corporate slave schedule, I usually end up going on weekends....
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier
I'm not trying to argue whether or not it's a deal, but I will clarify that these are not true Standard Suites. They are big, but they are not what I normally expect to call a "suite."

Even the PH's website itself often admits this. "Strip Suites: With views of either the Strip or Pool, these 850 sq ft junior suites offer a sitting area with loveseat, armchair and coffee table. Two TV's are featured, and all oversized marble bathrooms feature a round soaking tub, the centerpiece of the room. Separate shower, vanity kit and bathrobes are also offered."

I have long felt that the Panorama Suites should be available for Plat upgrades. Either the PH is not a fully-participating property, or the Panorama Suites have been defined as Specialty Suites which are exempt. The former used to officially be true -- it was stated to offer "Limited Participation." What is the status today? If still Limited, shouldn't this be stated on the website as it used to be?
Junior suites are often categorized as standard suites, so I'm thinking B...the Panorama suites are exempt. I mean Panorama just doesn't have that standard ring to it, does it.

Regardless, this hotel is no longer under limited participation in SPG, so that's why that message was removed from the web site.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Mar 6, 2008 at 2:14 pm Reason: fix spelling error
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diam, MR Plat, AA Plat, CO Elite Plat., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Let me clear up some confusion about the word "suite" with regards to PH. The "Strip Suite" is not a true 2 room suite as we are used to. It is merely a larger room with a sitting area that includes a love seat and a chair. The bed and sitting area are only 10-12 ft from each other. There is no separate bedroom.

The bathroom area has a large round tub in the center with a separate shower that is approximately 2-3 times the size as a standard tub/shower.

PH has recently started renaming these to "Junior Suites" as noted by sc flier. The room layout is somewhat awkward because there is a supporting post (approx. 2 ft in diam.) between the bed and sitting area. I actually prefer a renovated resort room because the layout is much more clean and flows much better.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Not sure if its a Vegas thing, but 'Suite' seems to be loosely defined with regard to many hotels there. I.e: Rio Suites- just a very big room, some 'suties' at the Four Seasons are also just one large room. While most of us seem to consider a suite to be 2 separate rooms with a door connecting-- that is not always the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.