Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do they still do the evening "saboring" of the champagne bottle ritual? The Atlanta StR was the first time I saw this--I've since participated in Shanghai and some other locations--and it was done well, in the hallway outside of the bar where there was a display window about their wine cellar.
Yes, they still do this at the Atlanta location.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:40 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Expert Review from April 2018 (Luxury Forum)

I posted an Expert Review of the St Regis Atlanta in the Luxury Forum for my stay in April 2018. For anyone who might be interested:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ern-hotel-2565

The room/suite renovations were supposed to have been completed sometime this fall or winter. Any update?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Does anyone have front desk email or a manger's email address?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:51 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jzafar
Does anyone have front desk email or a manger's email address?
[email protected]

Hotel owner is Joe Lewis/Tavistock
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
[email protected]

Hotel owner is Joe Lewis/Tavistock
Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:55 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jzafar
Thanks!
If you have a stay at this property, can you kindly share your experience?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:56 am

Yes, for sure. I'm going very soon.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 10:57 am

Yes, for sure. I'm going very soon.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:07 pm

We stayed last weekend. This was a last minute reservation. We are a family of 3 and I wanted 2 queen beds. Only availability was a king standard room. No one responded to my emails about looking into a larger room. I saw the day we departed that the Metropolitan Suite was available and thought we could get that if it had a pull-out couch. We got to the hotel around 10:30 PM. The check-in lady said they were sold out. She kept going on the computer saying "let me check something." We even looked into getting 2 king rooms but hotel was booked up! We had room 646. Room is a nice size and bathroom is spacious too. All good products and finishes. Best padding in slippers I've seen at a hotel. A rollaway bed was brought up. We had the AAA rate which included $60 breakfast credit for use at the Astor restaurant or in-room dining. We opted for the Astor since we had visitors join us each day. The Astor is a spacious and beautiful place to start your day. All staff we encountered gave top service. I wasn't sure if they were doing housekeeping since most hotels are only doing upon request. I called guest services and was told they are doing it plus turndown service. I was asked "what time would you like housekeeping?" I really appreciated this because at a previous stay at a different hotel, I was told I missed the time for the day when I asked. The pool and spa are on the 6th floor. Pool is beautiful. The overall feel of the hotel is grandness. I recommend without hesitation but suggest booking as early as possible because it does get booked up. I did not feel the hotel was overly crowded for being booked up and think they were only allowing the hotel to be partially booked due to staffing issues which many properties are experiencing nationwide.
jaejaez and danbnash like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 5:31 pm

I have a 1-night stay coming up, and trying to figure out what is the best options for late dinner on a Saturday (to use up some Amex FHR property/dining credits). Our flight lands around 7 pm on Saturday, and I figure we'd check in at 8 pm at the earliest, and eat dinner around 8:30-9 pm. We won't be in the mood for fine-dining/haute cuisine, so not interested in Atlas. Looks like our options are The Garden Room, the St. Regis Bar and in-room dining.
- Are there other options I've missed?
- Can I/do I need a reservation for those venues? (prefer just walking in because flight arrival can be unpredictable)
- Should I use my credits on afternoon tea on Sunday and get dinner nearby? (feel free to recommend nearby, walkable places)
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I have a 1-night stay coming up, and trying to figure out what is the best options for late dinner on a Saturday (to use up some Amex FHR property/dining credits). Our flight lands around 7 pm on Saturday, and I figure we'd check in at 8 pm at the earliest, and eat dinner around 8:30-9 pm. We won't be in the mood for fine-dining/haute cuisine, so not interested in Atlas. Looks like our options are The Garden Room, the St. Regis Bar and in-room dining.
- Can I/do I need a reservation for those venues? (prefer just walking in because flight arrival can be unpredictable)
- Should I use my credits on afternoon tea on Sunday and get dinner nearby? (feel free to recommend nearby, walkable places)
Chops is a steakhouse right next door. Alternatively, Umi is a good sushi option that doesn’t even require crossing a street.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I have a one night stay in Atlanta the Friday of thanksgiving - want to show my fiancé around the city and burn a $200 Amex fine hotels and resorts credit as well. St Regis is a great, grand Buckhead option, but I am concerned about a few things
1) Buckhead less "popular" and representative of Atlanta versus Midtown
2) St Regis is pricing at around $560 pre-tax on Amex, Loews is pricing at around $250 (or $300 when I choose a room I want).

I am wondering if St Regis is really worth it for this trip. I would be arriving at the hotel around 1 PM on Friday, leaving the next evening at 4 or so. Would love the ability to hit gym, use property credit at hotel bar, get breakfast with Amex FHR benefit.

Options are St. Regis, Loews, and maybe the Waldorf/InterContinental as backups. But mainly posting here to get a current view of the St. Regis (seems to have the most Flyertalk datapoints)
Old Dec 11, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Do people find this property to be “worth it”? Considering a last minute stay for sometime in the next week or two…. How does it compare to Bal Harbour? The pictures make me think it is a step or two below….
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Personally I'm a big fan of King + Duke which is about 4 minutes walk from the St. Regis. They have one of the best burgers and steaks in the local Atlanta dining scene especially in the posh Buckhead area.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Do people find this property to be “worth it”? Considering a last minute stay for sometime in the next week or two…. How does it compare to Bal Harbour? The pictures make me think it is a step or two below….
They are not really comparable. The St Regis is a very nice city hotel. Weather in December will be hit or miss - you could find yourself freezing cold in Atlanta jostling with Buckhead bargoers home for Christmas in the lounge. Whereas the Bal Harbour property is going to be a guaranteed last minute escape with much more to do in terms of activities. The St Regis is a great option if you need to be in ATL/Buckhead, but as a last-minute getaway there's just no comparison to Bal Harbour.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.