Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:15 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Impressed.

It is getting down to the end so decided to use one of my last FWNs here. I had low expectations. Upon arrival was already upgraded to a suite on 5. A one bedroom suite with a large living room and extra half bathroom. The bathroom attached to the bedroom is huge. Feels like a residence. Asked for and granted late check-out. The weather is awful here so will look forward to a couple dvd movies tomorrow aka today.

The wifi is slow. They have lite and enhanced. How stupid. Just ordered the SRA burger. Bottle of Evian and fresh fruit on the dining table upon arrival. Single bottle of water and chocolate at turn down. Regards from ATL. Would stay again without doubt. The Bentley sounds nice of course.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Spent last week here and really enjoyed it. Didn't spend all our time in the room, which made the room more enjoyable. Got the Metro Suite, which was okay as suites/upgrades go, but nothing to write home about. The phones have abundant features--the only unreliable part was the phone, but it did great with lighting, climate control and such. If you like coffee you should tell them to make it strong, or you'll get brown hot water.

Rode the Bentley a couple of times. We're not the showy type, so although we thoroughly loved the ride (and the driver) it felt a bit pretentious being delivered to restaurant.

Exceptionally attentive service all around. Didn't know till we got there that there's a Whole Foods across the street, and the Altanta History Center is a 3-5 minute walk.

We'll likely go back next year sometime.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:09 am

I also stayed at this property this weekend. Was upgraded but not to a suite. Room was as expected - great bed, great bathroom, etc.

We had breakfast at Paces 88 - it was very good but hard to justify $55 for breakfast. In the plaza adjoining the property is J. Christophers. We ate breakfast there Sunday morning. It wasn't quite as good as Paces 88 but you can eat there for $10 a person w/ tip.

Chops is also located in the plaza. Steak was pretty good - a bit charred for my tastes. However, the fried lobster tail was fantastic.

Behind the grocery store is a bakery. It was packed the entire time it was open. I hoped to go to it on Sunday but it was closed.

Lenox is 1.25 miles away - seems farther than that though.

As mentioned before, parking at $32 seems a bit high but the service was good. My car was always awaiting us after calling the valet stand on the way out of the room.

Pretty good gym as well. Good mix of cardio, machines, and a few weights. It overlooks the pool.

Overall, a great property. I'm not sure I'll pay the rates to stay there - at least not on business. This will probably be the property where I'll take my wife when visiting Atlanta.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
I meant to mention that it seems that even the best hotels need tv remotes suited to a super 8. If I had those at home I would throw them into the trash.

A night later I stayed at an aloft--same tv and better remote.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:40 pm

Programs: United 1k, Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Titanium and lifetime Platinum
About as good as it gets...

Not much I can add to the raves about the suites, location, gym, pool area, etc. However, I do want to take a moment to offer a very sincere thank you to the staff of the St. Regis. My wife and I adopted a baby girl in Atlanta and had to stay in town for 10 days waiting for the legal process to run it's course. We stayed at the St. Regis all 10 days and the staff there became our friends. They were very friendly to my wife and I, but they absolutely bent over backwards for our new baby. They fawned over her and made sure we had anything and everything that we needed. Our experience could not have been better. The building is great. The location is great. The amenities are great. But, it's the people that made our experience one we'll never forget. Thanks to all for making one of the happiest times of our lives even better.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:17 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, Star Alliance, Starwood, Priority Club, Delta Skymiles
That's good stuff, I just stayed there myself for the weekend and they still don't tell you about the free coffee with wake-up call and no it was not just your room on the slow internet speed.

Responding to another question on a different post:

As far as restaurants, go next door to longtime Atlanta favorites Chops (which is upstairs portion of restaurant) or the Lobster Bar (which is downstairs portion of restaurant) These are NOT part of the hotel.

Back to you post Mr. Dingo, still laughing about Biff and Muffy. Got the same treatment when they messed something up or something fell below what I consider the par is for a St. Regis.... i.e., the obligatory free bottle of wine and four chocolates. Neither I would feed to my dog, but hey it's the thought that counts, right? That having been said, when you have legitimate issues, the upper management at the hotel will take care of you.

There are not many St. Regis's built from the ground up... no remodel, completely new and it should hopefully only get better as the staff continues to adapt.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Please, just Dingo. My father is Mr. Dingo.
Old May 1, 2010, 5:39 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Are there alternate parking options nearby? If not, would the courtesy car pick up from the Lenox MARTA station? ($5 a day parking)
Old May 1, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Are there alternate parking options nearby? If not, would the courtesy car pick up from the Lenox MARTA station? ($5 a day parking)
I don't personally know of any daily parking options nearby, but there might be daily parking at one of the garages around the corner of N Fulton Dr NE and Buckhead Ave NE. It's about 4 blocks away. (map) Of those garages, I think that the one on the SW corner might likely have public parking.

The hotel's website mentions their Private Transfers service on this page where it says...
"The hotel offers complimentary transportation with a driver and luxury car within a two-mile radius. Should guests wish to reserve a limousine for extended trips, the concierge will be happy to make arrangements."

So if the car and a driver are available, it would seem that pickup from the Lenox station (1.7 miles away) should be a possibility. You'll need to call the hotel to get a proper answer.
Old May 1, 2010, 6:42 pm

There is an onsite alternative to valet parking. As you probably already know, valet is $30/night plus tips. On top of that, the bellman then want to take your bags - the tips go on and on. Too expensive for me.

Try this instead. If you're driving south from Lenox towards downtown, go past Paces Ferry (the road the hotel is on). Go to the next road to the right. Turn right and there are two parking decks on the right. The first one services the plaza adjacent to the St. Regis. The second deck is connected to the St. Regis. I park there, take the elevator to the Plaza level and then walk into the hotel. You'll end up on the floor above the lobby. So, you'll need to take elevator down or simply take the stairs. Overnight this option is $15. Factoring in tips, you save a good bit.

I might have already posted this earlier but I also recommend J. Christophers for breakfast. Cost is 1/3 to 1/2 of the St. Regis and I think the food is better. If you know you're going to eat there in the morning, I'd park in their deck (the first one). J. Christophers will validate your parking for two hours. If I remember correctly (disclaimer: I believe I'm properly recalling this- sometimes cities start running together), you can use that to offset the overnight parking. Should save you $5.

Also, Chops is in the same Plaza. Outstanding fried lobster.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:33 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Thanks sc flier and bankingguy
Old May 25, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by bankingguy
There is an onsite alternative to valet parking. As you probably already know, valet is $30/night plus tips. On top of that, the bellman then want to take your bags - the tips go on and on. Too expensive for me.

Try this instead. If you're driving south from Lenox towards downtown, go past Paces Ferry (the road the hotel is on). Go to the next road to the right. Turn right and there are two parking decks on the right. The first one services the plaza adjacent to the St. Regis. The second deck is connected to the St. Regis. I park there, take the elevator to the Plaza level and then walk into the hotel. You'll end up on the floor above the lobby. So, you'll need to take elevator down or simply take the stairs. Overnight this option is $15. Factoring in tips, you save a good bit.

I might have already posted this earlier but I also recommend J. Christophers for breakfast. Cost is 1/3 to 1/2 of the St. Regis and I think the food is better. If you know you're going to eat there in the morning, I'd park in their deck (the first one). J. Christophers will validate your parking for two hours. If I remember correctly (disclaimer: I believe I'm properly recalling this- sometimes cities start running together), you can use that to offset the overnight parking. Should save you $5.

Also, Chops is in the same Plaza. Outstanding fried lobster.

great info. plan on using one (maybe only) FWN from this year's promo there during the Dodgers series in Aug.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:32 pm

Just completed my Free Weekend Night stay earlier today.

Parked in the $15 garage behind the hotel. Ended up costing $27 since we left for a few hours last night :/ Very convenient to hotel. Recommendation: Drive up to 5th or 6th level, then proceed to exit and park near the 4th Entrance. This gets you to the side entrance of the hotel and walking by all the Old Money dining near that 88 restaurant and all the 20/30 y/o clientele trying to bag em a triple digit salary at the St Regis Bar.

Check-in was easy, altho no upgrade when acquiring about one for "a lowly gold member". I did notice that practically every room on 8th level was full. I had 806 I believe.

Took advantage of a Concierge for the first time in my life, I believe. Darius (I think that was his name... European I believe) helped out quite a bit, with everything from the Bentley to Aquarium tix, to a couple of spoons.

Had reservations at Fogo de Chao (I splurged this weekend, for sure) at 6 and had Alou drive us there in the black Bentley around a quarter to. Maaaaaan oh man was this an experience. Super-nice ride. $240k is a bit steep for my blood, tho! He picked us up after dinner and took a few pictures of the gf and I standing by it when we returned.

Headed out to Lenox Square and Total Wine after dinner (stocked up on Oak Grove Merlot, Red Stripe Light, and Old Milwaukee Light ). Came back with my blue and white Rubbermaid Cooler while walking between all the Old Money and just smiled.

The room was just incredible. Never been in one that nice, before. The controls on the phone and at the entrance to the room were just crazy-awesome. Soaking tub was a nice addition, especially with the sliding mirrored panels that separate the sleeping area to with the HUGE bathroom. And, what is this? A TV IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MIRROR at one of the bathroom sinks?!?!? Ohhhhh baby, order me one for home right now!!!

Five minutes after arriving back at the room, Darius had our GA Aquarium tickets delivered. We had him reserve us two just 10 minutes prior. 10 minutes after that, Butler delivered two spoons on some of that fancy-like cloth.

Requested a wake-up call for 9am just for the hell of it. Called exactly at 9am and was asked if we would like any coffee or tea. I requested coffee, and had it delivered less than 10 minutes later on a nice tray with my Sunday edition of the AJC.

I doubt I would ever pay $250 a night here when I can get others in the area for half that, but honestly, for all the amenities, it's not THAT bad of a rate for a weekend getaway and some spoiling.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:13 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by mrredskin
Had reservations at Fogo de Chao (I splurged this weekend, for sure) at 6 and had Alou drive us there in the black Bentley around a quarter to. Maaaaaan oh man was this an experience. Super-nice ride. $240k is a bit steep for my blood, tho! He picked us up after dinner and took a few pictures of the gf and I standing by it when we returned.

Headed out to Lenox Square and Total Wine after dinner (stocked up on Oak Grove Merlot, Red Stripe Light, and Old Milwaukee Light ). Came back with my blue and white Rubbermaid Cooler while walking between all the Old Money and just smiled.
You splurged this weekend, for sure!

Glad you had a great time! Fogo de Chao was an excellent choice. Nice to hear that the Bentley worked out nicely for both directions. ^
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by sc flier
You splurged this weekend, for sure!

Glad you had a great time! Fogo de Chao was an excellent choice. Nice to hear that the Bentley worked out nicely for both directions. ^
red stripe light is a mid-tier beer, brah! Now, the only reason I purchased the OM was because of the manufacturers rebate that ended Sat. night. Essentially 48 cans for free. Fogo was the splurging

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.