Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Design your own 2009 spg gold card/2 yr status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: USAIR gold, HH diamond, SPG gold

I have read about plats designing their own, but I just rec'd an offer to design my own as a lowly gold. Also, I noticed my card expires 2/11 and am perplexed as to how I earned status for 2 years. I'm not complaining, but I thought it had to be earned on a yearly basis. Could it be b/c I have 2 SPG AMEX cards, one personal & one business, & spent over $30K on each last year?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:56 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Sorry. Please call the Customer Contact Center nearest you for more information.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Mar 19, 2009 at 3:56 pm
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL:Lifetime Gold: US:CM:SPG:Lifetime Plat:HHonors:Diamond
Wiliam-- I do not understand your answer? I am close to earning Plat again for 2010 but thought it would not matter if one goes over the 25/50 nights.. how did he get 2 years?
Should we wait until post-Feb 28th to stay at Starwoods to get this clinch?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by PHLFlyerDL
Wiliam-- I do not understand your answer? I am close to earning Plat again for 2010 but thought it would not matter if one goes over the 25/50 nights.. how did he get 2 years?
What answer?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker; Mar 19, 2009 at 3:55 pm
Old Mar 19, 2009, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
If I don't have any status and say I reach Platinum, say in October of year X then I have earned status for the X+1 status year, which then expires on Feb 28/29 of year X+2. So when I reach status for the first time, I'm given my package. This works for anything received after Feb 28, like Lurker says (even for current status members).

I guess that's what he meant...?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL:Lifetime Gold: US:CM:SPG:Lifetime Plat:HHonors:Diamond
William-- Wow sorry to get you to gave such an "short" non-friendly answer. I was just trying to understand your answer to the question posted. I easily achieve Plat each year and always thought your answers on here are very helpful and part of my loyalty to Starwoods to have you around. Sorry if I offended you.. no intention. I do believe you opened the door here with your reply. And I do believe that most of us are not trying to "buck" the system as you imply but to understand it. If Starwood does think this is a computer clinch then they should fix it so those of us that play by the rules do not feel that those that do not win.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 4:39 pm

William-- Wow sorry to get you to gave such an "short" non-friendly answer. I was just trying to understand your answer to the question posted. I easily achieve Plat each year and always thought your answers on here are very helpful and part of my loyalty to Starwoods to have you around.
No offense to you was intended. I try to be helpful where I can be. In this instance, the OP is best served by calling the Customer Contact Center to get an answer to their specific issue.

Sorry if I offended you.. no intention. I do believe you opened the door here with your reply. And I do believe that most of us are not trying to "buck" the system as you imply but to understand it. If Starwood does think this is a computer clinch then they should fix it so those of us that play by the rules do not feel that those that do not win.
I take no offense either. There is no computer glitch to be fixed, but there is also no benefit to be derived from discussing the OP's situation either as I do not know his/her particulars.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.