Which Starwood hotel in Atlanta?

Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by Giroud
Thanks so much for the info above!

Seems like Le Méridien Atlanta Perimeter is a really nice hotel but the location might be a concern. Also, anyone can compare the LM with Hyatt Regency Villa Christina?
What are you in town for and what area do you need to be in?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: HON, SPG Amb, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Jumeirah Gold, Marriott Plat
I stayed at the Westin Peachtree Plaza recently and I must honestly say it was one of the worst stays I ever had. The room was not cleaned prior to my arrival and staff were exceptionally rude other than the night manager who was really apologetic when he saw the state of my room.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by PhileasFoggy
I stayed at the Westin Peachtree Plaza recently and I must honestly say it was one of the worst stays I ever had. The room was not cleaned prior to my arrival and staff were exceptionally rude other than the night manager who was really apologetic when he saw the state of my room.
Interesting. I had a recent stay there after a four year long hiatus from the property.

I had a great experience, but can see why your situation would sour you on the property.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I have an upcoming 1 or 2 night trip to Atlanta and would like to visit the Aquarium.

The W Downtown and Aloft Downtown properties are the closest. How to they compare for a SPG Plat member?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I have an upcoming 1 or 2 night trip to Atlanta and would like to visit the Aquarium.

The W Downtown and Aloft Downtown properties are the closest. How to they compare for a SPG Plat member?
I haven't stayed at the Aloft yet. But did stay at the
at the end of the year. W Downtown will not have great upgrade possibilities as they have few suites, you may get a
which is larger room with a large bathroom looking north. The upgrade possibilities are greater at the Westin due to the sheer number of rooms/suites.

I would also suggest checking the Westin Peachtree master thread, the W Atlanta comparison thread and the aloft master thread
Old May 11, 2017, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn

The Aloft is nice, new, and is only 2 blocks from the aquarium. I have stayed here twice and got a suite on one occasion. It would be ok for a two night stay.

The W is also nice, but as Ken said, not a lot of upgrades and it will most assuredly be higher priced as well.

As for the Westin, I will just say that place scares the hell out of me, and I am starting to believe it is cursed. Several years ago, it was hit by a tornado ripping out windows, two years ago a child died in the pool, last year a worker got locked in the freezer at night and was frozen solid when they were found, and just this year, a fiver year old child was caught between the wall and the turning mechanism for their revolving restaurant, and was crushed to death. No thanks.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:31 pm

Question SPG Recommendations for Atlanta, Georgia?

I'll be staying in Atlanta this weekend and am looking for SPG property recommendations (or properties outside of SPG if they are better). The Midtown area would be ideal but the W Midtown seems to get very mediocre reviews.
I have an AMEX Platinum and SPG card so I could use FHR to get added benefits on some of the properties.

I've narrowed it down to the following properties (SPG and others):

Midtown:
W Midtown
Loews
Hyatt Midtown

Buckhead:
St. Regis
Ritz Carlton
W Buckhead
InterContinental Buckhead

Thoughts?
Old May 30, 2017, 4:51 am
Suspended

Exclamation

Originally Posted by chris44344
I'll be staying in Atlanta this weekend and am looking for SPG property recommendations (or properties outside of SPG if they are better). The Midtown area would be ideal but the W Midtown seems to get very mediocre reviews.
I have an AMEX Platinum and SPG card so I could use FHR to get added benefits on some of the properties.

Midtown:
W Midtown
Loews
Hyatt Midtown

Buckhead:
St. Regis
Ritz Carlton
W Buckhead

Thoughts?
Please refer to the Atlanta Master Thread in The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread List.

When researching a property, please, check The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread List first, for information, as any question you have most likely has been asked and answered several times.

In Midtown the W is the only SPG property. Downtown the W and Westin are solid choices. In Buckhed I would stay at the St. Regis or Westin over the W.

Without any additional information such as what you'll be doing or what you nightly budget is, we cannot recommend anything else.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by chris44344

Midtown:
W Midtown
Loews
Hyatt Midtown

Buckhead:
St. Regis
Ritz Carlton
W Buckhead

Thoughts?
You may wish to review the Ritz Carlton forum before you commit to the RC Buckhead. It is expected to reflag and according to some reports the rooms are in dire need of a renovation.
Old May 30, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
St Regis, in a heartbeat
Old May 30, 2017, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
St Regis, in a heartbeat
Without know how much the OP wants to spend per night, I cannot agree.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I enjoyed W Downtown here. Lovely location and really nice rooms too.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
St Regis, in a heartbeat
It's in an awkward location far from the shopping and restaurants in Buckhead, although it would be great for someone using a car (but IIRC I think they only have expensive valet parking even though it's a suburban property). It's also far from the subway/light rail lines, but the hotel offers local transportation, including to the station on a direct line to the airport.
Old May 31, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
I stayed at the W Midtown in March and liked it. Did C+P so it was 5,000 points and $75 and my plat status got me upgraded to a Fantastic Suite. Also had both dinner and breakfast at the onsite restaurant and both meals were great. Worth checking out in my opinion.
Old May 31, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Love the W Midtown...some nice restaurants in walking distance, great property, have had some awesome upgrades there, the attached mall is nice for some food court options (*B, Chick-fil-A, etc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.