Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello, I am your Starwood Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
So far no special treatment on my last four or so stays. Although I booked them online/used plat concierge as I never programmed the amb number into my phone.. Only upgrade so far was a junior suite at LM London, which was a very mediocre experience to say the least. Got my normal ocean view upgrade in HNL, but nothing special or anything anywhere. So far stayed in AUS, SFO, LON, ATH, HNL..
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat, Starwood Gold, Amex Centurion
Starwood Ambassdors are real

I received an email from someone who knew an awful lot about my forthcoming trips and she also called on the cell leaving a message stating that there was a new Starwood Program for their very best customers. I was skeptical thinking it was spam somehow so checked it out with Starwoods call centre. Once I mentioned my membership number I was instantly put through to someone else who advised that yes a select number of clients were assigned an ambassador. I asked how one qualified and was told it was invitation only and then stated I found it puzzling as I was now only a gold spg member. They indicated it was the depth and breadth of your relationship with them over many years. I asked what were the benefits and was advised that it was a new personal service and that when I arrive at a hotel I will not be dissappointed. I will be at one next week so we shall see. I then contacted my ambassador about a few things and I have to say its just like having a personal assistant, far better than the amex plat ones. Things are confirmed almost instantly. I'll report back on my first stay I guess.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:26 pm
Suspended

I think booking through the Ambassador = Them calling and telling the hotel your VIP
So I'd do it if possible...
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
Thats crap cause sometimes I book throught the hotel directly, or special online only rates..
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:18 am
Suspended

In theory your amby should be able to book you at the best rates publically available. And in theory if happen to negotiate rate directly, the amby should be still willing to help with other arrangements (dinner etc) and call the hotel to give them a heads up.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 1:18 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Reefdiver
Thats crap cause sometimes I book throught the hotel directly, or special online only rates..
I doubt this will prevent your ambassador to see your reservations and do his/her job..
Old Feb 20, 2009, 2:48 am

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by couscous
I doubt this will prevent your ambassador to see your reservations and do his/her job..
Precisely. I'd think actually the ambassador might be able to *enhance* one's stay where ordinarily one might not get the same treatment due to the method of booking? Not sure as I generally only book via *wood sites.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
I'm two stays in... Ambassador knew about both, one he knew on his one, one i mentioned.

The first at Westin NYTimes... excellent treatment the whole time we were there, it felt like everyone in the building knew us.

The second... Westin Puerto Vallarta... again, lovely treatment when we walked in the door. Amby told me i would get a grand suite... at check in, i got show to a regular room... when i asked, they realized the mistake -- profusely apologized... upgraded us, etc. At check in, we received a note from the mgr which inlcuded comp massages, pergolas, fruit, etc...

Last year, i did 90 nights... 77 paid, almost all at Cat 4 and up... and only 6 nights at non starwoods..;. if they are going to hook me up like this, starwood will get as many nights as i can give.... (i have a wedding in April that is at a stupid marriott with no SPG hotel in sight)
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Somehow I think with so many FT members having Ambassadors, they must have quite a few SPG members with Ambassadors out there... makes me question a bit about how exclusive this program is, and how effective it could be if every other SPG member is part of this program... hmmmmm....
Old Feb 22, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tfung
Somehow I think with so many FT members having Ambassadors, they must have quite a few SPG members with Ambassadors out there... makes me question a bit about how exclusive this program is, and how effective it could be if every other SPG member is part of this program... hmmmmm....
I wouldn't make the (false) assumption that the FT population is representative of the population as a whole.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:24 pm
Suspended

I doubt there's too many people with Ambys because there's only so many non-rev suites to go around It'd just be too costly to pre-book upgrades to revenue rooms.

I'd only be a concerned if Plats without Ambys start to see substantive lack of upgrades because of pre-booked upgrades by those with Ambys.

Originally Posted by tfung
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
I just spoke with my Ambassador earlier on today. They really were truly excellent. Seemed as though they were on my side in terms of looking for the best rate telling me they "enjoyed the challenge"!

In fact, they have already worked wonders for me and got me a cash & points rate at a hotel that did not have C&P as an option for the specific dates I wanted to go.

Platinum Concierge couldn't do this... but my Ambassador could!

THAT'S service!^
Old Feb 24, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: aa exp and ck, spg plat, hz pc, dl life gld, marriott life plat, others
and yet no call from an Ambassador yet . . . starting to feel unloved by SPG.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by eightmillionmiler
and yet no call from an Ambassador yet . . . starting to feel unloved by SPG.
As Lurker indicated, this is a (marketing) trial/test. Not a permanent program. So by that very nature, not everyone will be called.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:12 pm

This is a trial and I believe 16,000 lucky members were sought out to be potential high revenue clients with Starwood, and they were assigned an Ambassador.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.