FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, Scottsdale pre-2007 [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/917463-westin-kierland-resort-spa-scottsdale-pre-2007-master-thread.html)

p8riotsfan Feb 8, 2005 6:49 pm

That is the deal I have set up. There is NO presentation AND a complementary 10K *points. Try this phone number and cite the offer. It can't hurt: 1-800-348-7505. Good luck.

WindyCityBrother Feb 10, 2005 9:02 pm

Westin Kierland Resort: Phoenix/Scottsdale..Comments?

Ok folks, I got a flyer in the mail for 4 nights at this SPA for $379 bucks, and I do not have to go to a timeshare presentation:mad:. The wife has been on me for a nice vacation so I am bringing her and my son as well. We will be there in late September. Has anyone stayed at this resort before? I would appreciate any thoughts that anyone has.

Thanks! !!

p8riotsfan Feb 10, 2005 9:46 pm

I'll tell you when I go in Sept as well, but I would complain that this four night offer has been offered for 289.00 AND 10,0000 Starpoints. They really should honor it as it was offered in the AMEX billing statment back in June(?).

WindyCityBrother Feb 10, 2005 9:58 pm

Well, I just joined SPG in November, and have less than 2,000 points, so I wont complain. Thanks for the tip though!

:)

JerryFF Feb 11, 2005 12:18 am

You really should go to the timeshare presentation - 10,000 points for an hour's worth of your time.

kiam Feb 11, 2005 1:35 am

You should get 10K points for just staying there PLUS 100 USD resort credit for attending the presentation. Well, at least, that was the package I got for staying there last December. I bought the time share myself way before I ever went there, once I saw it, it was worht every penny.

I love it there. :D

p8riotsfan Feb 11, 2005 5:51 am

Originally Posted by WindyCityBrother
Well, I just joined SPG in November, and have less than 2,000 points, so I wont complain. Thanks for the tip though!

:)

Ooops, no I meant that they GIFT you 10K points with NO presentation.

Da5id Feb 11, 2005 3:30 pm

Is it for the Resort or the Villas? Either way it's worth the price. We have stayed at the hotel a few times and it is one of our favorites.

That said, we bought a 1 BR at the villas which are even nicer!

I'd go to the presentation if they offer something good. Pretty low pressure.

best Feb 11, 2005 6:01 pm

The resort is a vey nice, modern new hotel with a fairly convenient walk to many restaurants and stores when it is not too hot.

WindyCityBrother Feb 11, 2005 10:56 pm

We are staying at the resort. We also got $175 in certificates. Thanks for all the insight! We are looking forward to staying there.

Hanlgt Feb 11, 2005 11:22 pm

When you stay at the resort, try to get the 10th floor, (or high floor) middle, overlooking the golf course. The sides don't have such a lovely view. Also, if you eat in the restaurant (not the 4* pricey one, the hotel restaurant) try the corn soup--it was really something great--practically a meal in itself!

writejav Feb 22, 2005 10:14 am

Sign me up!

I just heard about this offer from a friend who heard thru a friend. Anyone know how I can sign up for this? Am planning to be there in May and would love to add some Starpoints and have a nice stay in PHX.

WindyCityBrother Feb 22, 2005 10:26 am

Originally Posted by writejav
I just heard about this offer from a friend who heard thru a friend. Anyone know how I can sign up for this? Am planning to be there in May and would love to add some Starpoints and have a nice stay in PHX.

I am not sure how to sign up. I received this in the mail well before I had even joined SPG. I was a Diamond with Hilton and must have ended up on someone's mailing list.

Good luck!

kcmostarwoods Feb 23, 2005 7:29 am

We received a similar offer over 2 years ago. We inquired how we were selected to receive offer when we called to reserve. We were told they were not sure but it could have been because we had recently applied for regular American Express card. At time we were not Starwood Preferred Members nor Starwood Vacation Owners. Offer for us was $385 for 5 days/4 nights in Resort. Recieved $175 in Resort Credit by checking in on Sunday rather than Saturday. During a rainy afternoon while at resort, we signed up for and attended presentation on Vacation Villa for an additional $100 resort credit. We were out of pocket less than $500 for whole stay including several meals at resort.

We tried to get similar offer for co-workers but could not get it done.

Da5id Feb 27, 2005 12:45 am

Originally Posted by p8riotsfan
That is the deal I have set up. There is NO presentation AND a complementary 10K *points. Try this phone number and cite the offer. It can't hurt: 1-800-348-7505. Good luck.

Is this just available to *Wood members or to the general public as well?