Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Which Starwood hotel in New York City NYC ? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Starwood hotel in New York City NYC ? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:05 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
Thanks for the thread links. I am will be in town for a football game at Yankee Stadium.

Do any of the hotels listed have rooms with 2 queen beds?

NDTraveler
GO IRISH!!! (My alma mater)
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: Starwood
The B, D and 4 train all run to Yankee Stadium and all those hotels are within walking distance to those lines.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
bulldoggolfer05 nailed it... GO IRISH!

Cheap Elite I have started to read through the pages and pages of the threads and I am still going..... A lot of the information is old though and I am not sure the relevance of it now.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
It's been a long time since Notre Dame had a decent football team, but that isn't stopping you.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:05 pm
Community Director Emerita

bulldoggolfer05 nailed it... GO IRISH!

Cheap Elite I have started to read through the pages and pages of the threads and I am still going..... A lot of the information is old though and I am not sure the relevance of it now.
Start on the last page and work backwards. Also, the NYC overview thread only started in 2009 so it should all be up to date.

I'm going to merge this thread in the NYC thread, so that information can be easily found for the next person wanting to know about mid Manhattan hotels.

/mod
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:37 pm

I am going to be in NYC for 3 nights this fall and was going to use the promo of buy 2 nights and get 1 night for free. (Thursday - Sunday)

The hotels that I can pick from for this promotion and $$$ are

W New York- Times Square
Westin New York - Times Square
W New York - Tuscany
Le Meridien New York.

Which one would you suggest for a group of young single guys?
Thanks!

NDTraveler
If you haven't made your choice yet I suggest the Westin. It is a more electric area to wander around. It also has a more eclectic choice of foods at reasonable prices than Le Meridien. You walk one block south on 8th avenue to get the train up to the stadium or anywhere else you need for travel by subway. Good luck rooting for Gerry Faust's old team.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:26 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I am going to be in NYC for 3 nights this fall and was going to use the promo of buy 2 nights and get 1 night for free. (Thursday - Sunday)

The hotels that I can pick from for this promotion and $$$ are

W New York- Times Square
Westin New York - Times Square
W New York - Tuscany
Le Meridien New York.

Which one would you suggest for a group of young single guys?
Thanks!

NDTraveler
Not sure if you're an alumni or just a fan, but received an email the other day regarding this game. The official Notre Dame hotel for the game is the Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers .
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver
Similar type situation here...

Young guy staying in NYC for a Friday-Monday 3 night stay with his GF (who happens to be a NY native). I would prefer a view but great experience and best chance of Plat upgrade would probably overrule.

Choices include the W Tuscany/Court for 418-438 (z3h code), the W Lex for 498, Westin for 558, or W TS for 598. The 4 points are cheaper but would rather avoid, and the Sheraton Towers are 478. Which would you guys go for? Price is a concern and Westin seems a little on the high side compared to the others.

Currently I have a SPG50 reserved at the Court for 209/night but naturally will cancel that.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite; SPG Platinum
If those prices are per night (as opposed to being for your entire stay), I would take my chances on Priceline and spend the significant savings on some nice meals. Otherwise, I would stay at The Court. I don't like being in Times Square and the W Lexington is ghetto.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by terrysalmi
Similar type situation here...

Young guy staying in NYC for a Friday-Monday 3 night stay with his GF (who happens to be a NY native). I would prefer a view but great experience and best chance of Plat upgrade would probably overrule.

Choices include the W Tuscany/Court for 418-438 (z3h code), the W Lex for 498, Westin for 558, or W TS for 598. The 4 points are cheaper but would rather avoid, and the Sheraton Towers are 478. Which would you guys go for? Price is a concern and Westin seems a little on the high side compared to the others.

Currently I have a SPG50 reserved at the Court for 209/night but naturally will cancel that.
The $209 at the Court sounds like a great deal on the SPG 50 and will also have the best chance of upgrade to suite. A no brainer, given your other SPG choices and prices. Some complain about Court getting tired, but still my favorite SPG choice in NY because of upgrade percentage, location, etc.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:14 am

Just to clear things up, those were definitely total stay prices (so the court was at $209 using z3h...)
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by terrysalmi
Just to clear things up, those were definitely total stay prices (so the court was at $209 using z3h...)
If the Court was the same price as the others (depending on how you value the 1,000 points for the SPG50), my preference stands. You have by far the best chance for an upgrade to a large suite at the Court. Ask for a high floor, call the rooms manager a day or so early and tell them it is a special occasion. If it is a winter weekend, the hotel probably won't be full. From the higher floors (especially) you've got a good chance for a view of either the Chrysler building or Empire State. There are some suites with little balconies on Lexington or even 39th St. that have a great view of the Chrysler Building. That's about as iconc a NYC view as you can get!

I like the neighborhood because it is quiet (for NYC), safe and a block from Grand Central Station so easy to get around town. Also, the Wet Bar is there!
Old Feb 27, 2010, 9:50 pm

Just an update... the request was for this weekend and went ahead and did the Z3H Pay 2/Stay 3 deal at the Court. Put in a request for a high floor beforehand and at check-in was given a 14th floor corner with a great view of the Empire State building. The room however, was tiny so asked at the Front Desk later if I was given an upgrade at all... was told it was an upgrade from Wonderful to Corner, and then when I asked about Suites was told I could move the next day... and was put into a great suite on the 10th floor today, still with a great view.

Bad points - no bellhop on arrival Friday night. GF and I had to lug two heavy suitcases and shopping bags out of the cab into the snow and then the hotel and up the tiny lift (one is still broken). Thankfully someone moved our bags to our new suite today and I thanked him appropriately. Our suite also had no room service menu so had to call down (and walk down to the front desk 20 minutes later) to get one which finally came 40 minutes later. This is after a bad dinner experience we had to walk out on so starving. Then when ordering room service was originally told they didn't have what we wanted, called a second time, noone answered so transferred to What/Whenever service who was confused we were calling them and finally 20 minutes after that room service called back and said we could indeed have what we wanted. Good on them for sorting it out, but we're starving up here still! And oh yeah, the DVD player didn't work in the original room, still need to try it in here. Also minor - want to book treatments at the Bliss in the W-Lex for tomorrow and noone at the front desk has been able to help, saying concierge could but she was either "out" or "gone for the day" (at 7pm!?)

Good points - Great suite (after a one night wait), 500 pts offered at arrival, good chatty concierge (for the few times she's there)
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:32 am

Court & Tuscany exit SPG program

For the record:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...pril-14th.html
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United GS, Starwood Lifetime Platinum
So where should we stay now that W tuscany and court are out? four points times square rates are ridiculous and sheraton towers and manhattan are still dumps? really bummed we can't find a reasonably priced starwood in nyc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.