Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dallas North Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Dallas North Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, spg, Delta skymiles, marriott rewards
Arrow Sheraton Dallas North Hotel [Master Thread]

Why are there no pictures of anything on the SPG website for this property. Has anybody stayed there? Looking to stay OU-Texas Weekend. Anyone know of shuttle bus to game from spg properties?
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Avis First
I think tripadvisor and expedia have photos of the rooms at this hotel. They look outdated (hopefully) though.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Stayed once a couple of weeks ago. Decent but basic SPG Preferred room, nice but small fitness center, good area close to a ton of restaurants and mall. Can't speak to shuttle or transportation services. It was reasonably priced as compared to other SPG props in the area.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The web site says they "offer free transportation to and from nearby locations". I'd be surprised if they shuttled you all the way to the game. But you aren't far from a DART light rail station. In past years, on weekends during the state fair, DART offered a shuttle from one of the downtown rail stations to the Fair. So if you're willing to deal with hotel shuttle => light rail => state fair shuttle, you should be able to get to the game without driving.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 6:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Not the best property to stay in and no shuttle bus. Shuttle buses do run from the Hilton Lincoln Centre on LBJ. I highly recommend an early shuttle since traffic can be a nightmare on this weekend. Alternatively, a downtown location is a good choice.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Sheraton Dallas North Hotel

Has anyone stayed there recently?

Are there any wise words on your experience?
Room decor?
Room service?
Pool?
Fitness facilities?
Parking and access to and from the hotel?
Lounge?
Elite or Platinum recognition?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:30 am

Here is my take on the hotel. For 2,000-3,000 points a night or $89 per night it might be the best option for an under $100 hotel in all of North Dallas.

Rooms are commfortable and recently renovated (6 months ago?). Nice flat screen TV. You can hear 635 freeway if your room is on the south side. Never stayed on the north side. Just renovated outside pool right outside on first floor near lobby. Not sure about spa or fitness. Plenty of free parking. They only have a couple of suites and the elite floors are no different besides the top few floors.

You are in walking distance to the Galleria Mall (where the Westin is inside the mall at 3x the price). Nice mall with plenty of nice restaurants. They also have a free shuttle service (with 5 miles?) good for restaurants or if its cold outside. (This weeks it is)

If this is your first time to Texas or Dallas, I would say to go eat at Mi Cocina inside the Galleria Mall. Good and fairly innexpensive Mexican. My favorite is the Ernies Chicken (Sour Cream Cheese Chicken Breast)

Del Friscos is also nearby, great steaks.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:34 am

I agree pspmann222. They will recognize your status - I've gotten upgraded to an executive suite (any room ending with 25) almost everytime I've stayed.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 5:22 pm

This is the former Wyndham for anyone curious
Old Feb 2, 2010, 6:46 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Just finished a one night stay here.

The hotel is a nice recently renovated Sheraton.

I was upgraded to a Club level room. The room was normal sized and had a very nice and big flat panel TV. I didn't notice any "upgraded" amenities, though there was a scale in the bathroom.

It has a lounge that is open 24 hrs/7 days a week. They have a very limited breakfast and evening snack service every day. There was one hot item for breakfast and evening snacks plus a small tray of cold items (muffins for breakfast, veggies for evening snacks.)

The workout room wasn't too large, but it had some newer equipment in there as well as some free weights as well. The inside/outside pool is not too large, but was heated and there was a nice jacuuzi that was also decently heated. There was also a dry sauna there as well.

Overall service was fine, I didn't ask much as I was in a hurry to get checked-in and then out for dinner.

Also, I forgot to mention that as a Plat the hotel gave me a code to use to get free Internet access. And they did that on their own without my asking about access.

Last edited by hhoope01; Feb 2, 2010 at 1:18 pm
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, spg, Delta skymiles, marriott rewards
I've stayed twice and feel this is one of the best SPG 3000/night values out there. Nice clean updated hotel in good area with well trained crew.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: SPG, Wyndham, AA
Ultra Savvy

I think the Aloft Downtown Dallas is by far or at least one of the best Category 2 Starwood properties (3,000 Points on Weekends). This isn't a cookie cutter Aloft, it is a 80 year old renovated warehouse, and the only one to offer suites.

I stayed in one of their Ultra Savvy suites, and it was almost 800sq ft.

Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something downtown Dallas.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by pspmann222
Here is my take on the hotel. For 2,000-3,000 points a night or $89 per night it might be the best option for an under $100 hotel in all of North Dallas.

Rooms are commfortable and recently renovated (6 months ago?). Nice flat screen TV. You can hear 635 freeway if your room is on the south side. Never stayed on the north side. Just renovated outside pool right outside on first floor near lobby. Not sure about spa or fitness. Plenty of free parking. They only have a couple of suites and the elite floors are no different besides the top few floors.

You are in walking distance to the Galleria Mall (where the Westin is inside the mall at 3x the price). Nice mall with plenty of nice restaurants. They also have a free shuttle service (with 5 miles?) good for restaurants or if its cold outside. (This weeks it is)

If this is your first time to Texas or Dallas, I would say to go eat at Mi Cocina inside the Galleria Mall. Good and fairly innexpensive Mexican. My favorite is the Ernies Chicken (Sour Cream Cheese Chicken Breast)

Del Friscos is also nearby, great steaks.
I agree-while the property is dated, the rooms have been refurbished. North Dallas Sheraton offers one of the more economical choices for those Flyertalkers trying to accrue stays and is close to several interesting places
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:40 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by luckypierre
North Dallas Sheraton offers one of the more economical choices for those Flyertalkers trying to accrue stays and is close to several interesting places
BTW, my stay there the other night was only $62 which along with being a Plat netted me evening snacks/drinks, breakfast plus free I-net.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:41 am

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
This had been a "sleeper" property (pun intended) for me in recent months; nice rooms, free internet for elites (even before SPG's recent policy change), indoor heated pool w/ hot tub, and most-importantly: [weekend] access to a nice lounge and coupons for breakfast.

Well, here's what's new as of last couple of weeks, which I found out the hard way (not a mention anywhere on the hotel's web site) recently:

a) no lounge access any longer on weekends. Locked up tight. Can't even get in to view the large-screen flat-panel tv or read a newspaper in a peaceful surrounding.

b) no breakfast coupons for weekend leisure stays either.

Literally, not a snack to be had for weekend stays/leisure travelers except at the restaurant or in-hotel convenience store.

So, this property just left my "short list" of spg properties and I won't stay again until/if/when they revert back to a more-friendly policy for leisure/weekend travelers.

Last edited by ILUVCITIBANK; Mar 29, 2010 at 5:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.