Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG platinum benefits at Luxury Collection hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...

Hello, could anyone let me know what are the benefits of SPG platinum status at Starwood's Luxury Collection hotels? Do they have lounge in these hotels? or if they offer platinum members free breakfast? thanks a lot
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Its the same as any other brand.. upgrade (if available) and platinum amenity. Some go above and beyond (or not), but expect no different core benefits.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, United Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Typically it would seem that all the normal Platinum benefits apply EXCEPT for the amenity... although this seems to be inconsistent, since some hotels provide them (and they provide special selections, such as bottles of wine), and others feign ignorance when you bring it up.

Then again, I have been getting nice upgrades at the last few Luxury Collection hotels I've stayed at, so 500 fewer points hasnt been a dealbreaker.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
thanks for the quick replies, i guess there are no club floors at these properties?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
hmmmm, i have never had a problem getting the 500 points, have also gotten a fruit/pastry basket at the same time on my last few trips.

re food, in the US, nothing, ditto Europe, but in Asia, I always have gotten breakfast buffet coupons.

i know of no luxury collection hotel with a platnium floor with a lounge with food like the westins have if you are asking that.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Asia

Originally Posted by spin88
i know of no luxury collection hotel with a platnium floor with a lounge with food like the westins have if you are asking that.
Asian Luxury Collection Hotels are different. BKK Sheraton Grand Sukhumvit has free drinks in the evening and free breakfast in the restaurant. New Delhi ITC Maurya has a lounge with free drinks and appetizers in the evenings.

Luxury Collection hotels in the US or Europe do not have lounges and do not offer free breakfast as a plat benefit.

Last edited by CIT85; Jan 24, 2009 at 8:36 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: none ;-)
Originally Posted by CIT85

Luxury Collection hotels in the US or Europe do not have lounges and do not offer free breakfast as a plat benefit.
There is at least one with a lounge the Arion Resort & Spa, Astir Palace, Athens. As I was planning to they there, I sent them an e-mail if Plats can "use" their Excelsior floor (lounge). And the reply was YES!, but ymmv.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:38 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
hmmmm, i have never had a problem getting the 500 points, have also gotten a fruit/pastry basket at the same time on my last few trips.

re food, in the US, nothing, ditto Europe, but in Asia, I always have gotten breakfast buffet coupons.

I'll have to add my hmm... and say you must be staying at one of the exceptions as LC hotels do not offer the 500 point amenity according to both the Terms and Conditions and William.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker

North American Division
The Luxury Collection & St. Regis – Locally-selected property amenity*

*notable exceptions are The Palace Hotel, San Francisco and the St. Regis Houston where 500 Starpoints is offered as an alternative to the locally-selected property amenity.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
hmmmm, i have never had a problem getting the 500 points
Since this is outside prescribed SPG standards and my experience has been fully opposite of yours, I'd be interested to know more specifics, if you're willing to share.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:59 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The Sheraton Balkan Bulgarian (luxury collection hotel) in Sofia also has a lounge.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
the Nines also has a club floor with lounge. The lounge has excellent food choices.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I believe it is fair to say that there is no consitency. The LC hotels are not a real brand, but they are a "collection" as we can see from the fact that otherwise there would be double branded hotels (eg Sheraton and LC)
Old Jan 25, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SleepDoc
I'll have to add my hmm... and say you must be staying at one of the exceptions as LC hotels do not offer the 500 point amenity according to both the Terms and Conditions and William.
I was offered the 500 point Platinum Welcome Amenity at check in at the LC Fairfax Embassy Row in Washington, DC.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 9:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by DCBob
I was offered the 500 point Platinum Welcome Amenity at check in at the LC Fairfax Embassy Row in Washington, DC.
Was this before it officially changed to the LC.?? They were calling themselves "the fairfax" when it was still a Westin and before it officially changed to a LC property.

Friends recently stayed and they didn't get the 500 points.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
No issues with the 500 points at either the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit or the Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket. I have also had the points at the Grand Mauritian. In all these properties the standard Plat amenities were also available as alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.